Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, http://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Who Formed the Magisterium?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post

Stop trying to back-pedal, ram. You know very well what lie of yours that I'm talking about - - "Without sacred tradition, there will never be a bible. Everything was orally done before finally being written and not everything is written down."
    It is not a lie.
    Where did all this written stuff in the Bible came from? Jesus and the apostles did not write anything before preaching. It is historical fact that everything was done orally before it was written. For four hundred years, the Christian did not have the Bible. How can one refute history fact?

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

The apostles were NOT dependent on an oral tradition.

Did Frankie tell you that they were?
      When did Jesus write anything for the apostle to depend on?

Comment

• Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

It is not a lie.
        Where did all this written stuff in the Bible came from? Jesus and the apostles did not write anything before preaching. It is historical fact that everything was done orally before it was written. For four hundred years, the Christian did not have the Bible. How can one refute history fact?
        How does any of that have anything to do with your salvation, ram? Put your time and faith in Christ Jesus instead of worrying about the futile things of men instead of the living word of God. Scripture declares: "He that believeth on Him shall not be confounded." Romans 9:33
        RC's do know God, but the Bible indicates that it is a knowledge in condemnation, a knowledge enabling them to know things about themselves and the world around them, even though they suppress the truth of God which makes such knowledge possible.

Comment

• The apostles were NOT dependent on an oral tradition.

Did Frankie tell you that they were?
          Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

When did Jesus write anything for the apostle to depend on?

Jesus appointed APOSTOLIC ROCKS for you
          to depend on who wrote the apostolic NT.

The Catholic oral tradition is to ignore that word of God
          and turn to Frankie for his carnal opinion

Thus says the Lord:
          You have no case
          since you accepted those
          in the papacy's compilation of the canon
          who weren't capable of writing the word of God.

Those tares lacked the anointing of the apostles
          I chose.

[not foundational (Eph 2:20), not set apart (Eph 3:5)]

the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk
          with the wine of
          the harlot's fornication (Rev 17:2).

Comment

• Originally posted by Raynebeau View Post

Stop trying to back-pedal, ram. You know very well what lie of yours that I'm talking about - - "Without sacred tradition, there will never be a bible. Everything was orally done before finally being written and not everything is written down."

It is not a lie.
            yes, it is a lie taught by the false teacher, the RCC. There are no more 'oral teachings' / ST - this is made up by the RCC. none of this was taught to any catholic I know. They use it to cover their buns with their made up beliefs.

why do you need to ask this if you've been reading / studying the NT?

Christ said He'd send the Holy Spirit to them to remember all things. All things that Christ wanted us to know - is in His word. That's it. you either believe Him - or you don't!

yes, Christians had scripture - they had the OT and the writings of the apostles / disciples. They probably even had the missing Cor book by Paul.

It's not a historical fact to refute... it's a false teaching by the RCC. i'm sorry you believe them.

"I was changed, redeemed, forgiven before the blood was dry.

The debt I owed was canceled in the twinkling of an eye."

Comment

• Originally posted by Open Heart View Post

Forums are my recreation. It's a way of relaxing to me, especially since I'm able to read and write without taking anything personally. It's not that our differences are of no concern. It's that putting my thoughts into writing, especially thoughts that I think matter, is especially a pleasure. So I spend my spare time posting. And right now I'm taking time off before I start my new job so I have OOODLES of time.

I *do* actually listen with an open mind. I think about what others say for long periods of time. They do have to stand up under my scrutiny, but I give them a fair shake. The fact that I have changed my mind more than once in the past proves that I'm openminded. Indeed I'm openminded to a fault -- I'm embarrassed and wish I could be a little less wishy washy and stick to my guns.

I confess that it is probably a lot harder for a Protestant to convince me than it was long ago. I've been Protestant before and left. I've left the Catholic Church before and came back. IOW I've considered all the arguments and keep coming back to the Catholic Church, so it does look like these things have ultimately been resolved...but only time will tell.

How about you? You are on just as often as me. And you are definitely the tenacious sort.
              You missed my point, Open Heart.

A question was asked of another RC which required his reply since it concerned something he did. True to form you answered the question for him. You do stuff like that a lot.

Incidentally, I would never refer to you as 'wishy washy'.
              “See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ” – Colossians 2:8

Comment

• Originally posted by nan View Post

Utterly deceived ZEALOT.
                Thus says the Lord:
                You have no case
                since you accepted those

I chose.

with the wine of

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Jesus appointed APOSTOLIC ROCKS for you

How many apostles wrote? It is only a few, the rest of the apostles preached the Gospel as commanded by Jesus.

How absolutely sure are you that the authors are really themselves and not fake? There were lots of fake and spurious writings during that time. Who/what authority determined which were genuine and inspired?

Comment

• Originally posted by mica View Post

yes, it is a lie taught by the false teacher, the RCC. There are no more 'oral teachings' / ST - this is made up by the RCC. none of this was taught to any catholic I know. They use it to cover their buns with their made up beliefs.

why do you need to ask this if you've been reading / studying the NT?

Christ said He'd send the Holy Spirit to them to remember all things. All things that Christ wanted us to know - is in His word. That's it. you either believe Him - or you don't!

yes, Christians had scripture - they had the OT and the writings of the apostles / disciples. They probably even had the missing Cor book by Paul.

It's not a historical fact to refute... it's a false teaching by the RCC. i'm sorry you believe them.

Where does it say everything Jesus and the apostles orally taught were written down? In fact the opposite is what is stated.

Are you absolutely sure you correctly understood what you read in the New Testament? Is there no way you can get mistaken?

they had the Old Testament writings but for the New Testament, how did they know these were the inspired works of said authors? There were lots of spurious and fake writings circulating during that time. Who/what authority determined as to which of these writings are genuine and inspired? Who/what authority collected these inspired works to form the New Testament and together with the Old Testament became the book we now call the 'bible'? You've got a lot of explaining to do if you cannot answer with historical facts. Without giving an answer, I say you are only bluffing. Prove me wrong......

Comment

• Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

How many apostles wrote? It is only a few, the rest of the apostles preached the Gospel as commanded by Jesus.
                      Paul wrote the majority of the New Testament, ramcam. He may not have been of the original twelve, but he was 'an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God'.

Where do you get the idea that those who penned the Gospel couldn't at the same time preach the Gospel?
                      “See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ” – Colossians 2:8

Comment

• Originally posted by nan View Post
                        Thank you. I'm really trying.
                        Open Heart, Hebrew Catholic
                        “God never abandoned his covenant with Israel" Pope Francis
                        "It is unthinkable that [the Church] would claim to replace Israel. She is not another Israel." Cardinal Lustiger

Comment

• Jesus appointed APOSTOLIC ROCKS for you

How absolutely sure are you that the authors are really themselves and not fake? There were lots of fake and spurious writings during that time. Who/what authority determined which were genuine and inspired?
                          Please tell me what Thomas' last significant message was
                          days before his death, according to your oral tradition?

I am sure that you will remember, if not invent as usual.

Thus says the Lord:
                          You have no case
                          since you accepted those

I chose.

with the wine of

Comment

Working...
                          X