Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, http://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Today's music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's music

Hello fellow music lovers and haters. I have been listening to a Christian radio station that plays Christian music for the newer generations. I love it! The people give off a very joyful vibe and it generally increases my outlook on certain subjects. (The radio station is called Project 88.7 for those of you who are interested!) Since listening to this station I find myself being pushed away from the popular radio stations, playing the newest hits. The other day I turned on a radio station (I will not name because I don't want someone to rant about how un-accepting I am of their favorite station), and a song came on, the words were so disturbing that I had to turn it off immediately. Why does this generation find pleasure in listening to trash? Why does everything have to have the F word as every other word? I don't understand it... please, someone new get out there and bring back innocent music lyrics! Not only are the words unacceptable, the voices of the majority of popular musicians are... well, crap. If anyone else is having the same frustration and disgust as I am let me know!

Those people who listen to and write trash are lost. They need God in their lives. That is why trashy, ugly, perverse music is out there. Sad, isn't it?

Comment

Absolutely! Before I became a christian, I listened to this stuff, but I never really thought about what I was listening to... But now... I realize that these lyrics are not what God wants me to hear. We all need to start asking people about the music, social media, and movies that they watch/listen to. What goes in, sadly, comes out. Keep yourselves higher than the low,low (sickeningly low) standard our country puts on us, people will see that you are different and that is a perfect opportunity to spread the Gospel to people who don't know Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria_Smith View Post
        Absolutely! Before I became a christian, I listened to this stuff, but I never really thought about what I was listening to... But now... I realize that these lyrics are not what God wants me to hear. We all need to start asking people about the music, social media, and movies that they watch/listen to. What goes in, sadly, comes out. Keep yourselves higher than the low,low (sickeningly low) standard our country puts on us, people will see that you are different and that is a perfect opportunity to spread the Gospel to people who don't know Christ.
        Dating myself here, but two of my favorites before I was saved were Ace Cannon (Tough Sax), and SIl AUstin (Death of an angel), both of whom played pain filled music, for those of us who knew nothing but pain. WHen I was "born Again" in '63, I had to get rid of that stuff, since it didn't fit any more. and there's folks like Vance Perry ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KwuYo3Wm5I ) who does it the "old way" and Judy Jacobs ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIa674GGCo ) with the contemporary sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Dating myself here, but two of my favorites before I was saved were Ace Cannon (Tough Sax), and SIl AUstin (Death of an angel), both of whom played pain filled music, for those of us who knew nothing but pain. WHen I was "born Again" in '63, I had to get rid of that stuff, since it didn't fit any more. and there's folks like Vance Perry ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KwuYo3Wm5I ) who does it the "old way" and Judy Jacobs ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIa674GGCo ) with the contemporary sound.
          Awesome! I am glad God showed you an alternative music choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria_Smith View Post
            Hello fellow music lovers and haters. I have been listening to a Christian radio station that plays Christian music for the newer generations. I love it! The people give off a very joyful vibe and it generally increases my outlook on certain subjects. (The radio station is called Project 88.7 for those of you who are interested!) Since listening to this station I find myself being pushed away from the popular radio stations, playing the newest hits. The other day I turned on a radio station (I will not name because I don't want someone to rant about how un-accepting I am of their favorite station), and a song came on, the words were so disturbing that I had to turn it off immediately. Why does this generation find pleasure in listening to trash? Why does everything have to have the F word as every other word? I don't understand it... please, someone new get out there and bring back innocent music lyrics! Not only are the words unacceptable, the voices of the majority of popular musicians are... well, crap. If anyone else is having the same frustration and disgust as I am let me know!
            I haven't listened to CCM since the early 90s. The music is terrible and the theology is usually pretty bad.

As for the "F" word, I have just under 16000 albums and I can only think of one song that has the "F" word in them.

Kind of ironic that you knock the voices of popular musicians when one of the chief complaints about CCM artists today is that the males sing in a breathy whiny tone. And what do I care if their voices are "crap", anyway?

How do you decide what a good voice is? Michael Buble has a nicer voice than Levon Helm but I can listen to Levon Helm all day and would probably shoot myself after about thirty seconds of Buble.

Same with Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Jerry Jeff Walker, and a host of other singers. Enrico Caruso, they ain't. But they're still great singers.

The only "Christian" album I have in my collection and, to be honest, I don't even consider them Christian, is Shotgun Angel by Daniel Amos.

The federal government is the only place in the world where ineptitude and corruption is met with demands for more ineptitude and corruption. - Buck Sexton

Comment

I think that the problem with a lot of artists today is that, yes, they have breathy, whiny voices. I love Michael Buble, he is one of my faves. He is going through a really tough time right now though.*tears*. I hope his child recovers. You don't always have to listen to Christian music. I just prefer that the music has a positive message. Sometimes I listen to music where the lyrics are sad, but I use them to inspire myself to ask for help. God bless!

Comment

Working...
              X