Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, http://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Quality of United Airlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of United Airlines

I'll be in the US in 3 weeks and have several flights booked on United Airlines. I've just seen footage of a man being dragged from his seat and dragged off a plane because the plane overbooked passengers. In another comment apparently some girls were not allowed to board their flight because they were wearing leggins. Now I'm very concerned about the airline and whether we'll ever even get seats regardless of having them already paid for.

What are others experience of this airline? Do I have legitimate need to worry?

Originally posted by Mercedes View Post
    I'll be in the US in 3 weeks and have several flights booked on United Airlines. I've just seen footage of a man being dragged from his seat and dragged off a plane because the plane overbooked passengers. In another comment apparently some girls were not allowed to board their flight because they were wearing leggins. Now I'm very concerned about the airline and whether we'll ever even get seats regardless of having them already paid for.

Probably not. Right now it's United Airlines that needs to worry. Air travel is an ugly experience to begin with, and companies that make it Uglier than it needs to be are headed for trouble.

Comment

I haven't flown in decades, but based on how United Airlines treats its passengers (which seems more like cattle than people), I would opt for a different company. This incident should result in lawsuits. Although lawsuits may just result in an increase in fares to cover the expense and not a change in policy.
      Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Probably not. Right now it's United Airlines that needs to worry. Air travel is an ugly experience to begin with, and companies that make it Uglier than it needs to be are headed for trouble.
        I'm hoping for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post
          I haven't flown in decades, but based on how United Airlines treats its passengers (which seems more like cattle than people), I would opt for a different company. This incident should result in lawsuits. Although lawsuits may just result in an increase in fares to cover the expense and not a change in policy.
          I've already booked and paid for the tickets. In Australia there is one company that always over books but they are really cheap compared to all the others so you get what you pay for. I didn't realise that United had that overbooking policy because their prices were market comparable.

Comment

I've already booked and paid for the tickets. In Australia there is one company that always over books but they are really cheap compared to all the others so you get what you pay for. I didn't realise that United had that overbooking policy because their prices were market comparable.
            ALL U.S. Airlines do it, always have, and always will. I've never been "Bumped", but I HAVE been offered "compensation" if I'd delay my flight (I never took it back when I used to live on planes). Chances are that everything will go as planned with no issues, as long as you stay clear of Holiday complications, and there are no Weather problems.
            Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 04-11-17, 01:02 AM.

Comment

I'll be in the US in 3 weeks and have several flights booked on United Airlines. I've just seen footage of a man being dragged from his seat and dragged off a plane because the plane overbooked passengers. In another comment apparently some girls were not allowed to board their flight because they were wearing leggings.
              Not the same situation. The girls were non-revs (employee benefit passes). They dress as the airline tells them to dress or they can take a bus. 1 Tim. 2:9

Now I'm very concerned about the airline and whether we'll ever even get seats regardless of having them already paid for. What are others experience of this airline? Do I have legitimate need to worry?

It used to be that if you had a seat assignment, you didn’t have to worry. That is why you are encouraged to check in early.

United removed this passenger to accommodate deadheading employees who must go on the flight. They obviously should have offered more money until someone volunteered to relinquish their seat.

Passengers have rights, as well. They’ve promised to get you from one destination to another.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

ALL U.S. Airlines do it, always have, and always will...
                They claimed to have a computer system that randomly selected passengers to be removed. There is no such program in their computer. Ex 20:16

Comment

I'm hoping for the best!
                  You need a lawyer (1 Ti 2:5). You've already experienced pain and suffering having read and/or watched the video.

"When I was hired, they issued me white gloves. Now, they issue me white flexcuffs." ~ American Airlines 35-year Flight Attendant Ge 16:12, Jer 7:6, GWT

Comment

Originally posted by serpentdove View Post
                    They claimed
                    That about covers it.

Comment

<sarcasm>I can see as a Christian you might have grave concerns about a secular airline that has even slightly modest of standards of dress.</sarcasm> You do know those girls were riding for free and were considered representatives of the airlines? It's pathetic when people who call themselves Christians are trying to drag down the already low standards of the world.

The man dragged off the plane was in the wrong for refusing to obey a lawful instruction. But, sadly, the ignorant will force the airlines to richly reward him for his uncivil behavior. Even if you're being treated unfairly, that perceived unfairness is not justification to physically resist (neither biblically or legally). (Bumping is standard practice. Maybe the airlines should start charging extra for bump-proof seats...)

Comment

Originally posted by Geumji View Post
                        Maybe the airlines should start charging extra for bump-proof seats.
                        Don't give 'em any ideas -

BUT United DID do ONE intelligent thing besides upping the financial incentives (imagine that) - they have now made it mandatory that Deadheaders Give ample notice to the gate personnel in advance so that people ARE NOT BOARDED until the whole sorry thing is sorted out. The flight in question WAS NOT "overbooked" the Deadheaders showed up AFTER the boarding was complete, and then United proceeded to commit PUBLIC SUICIDE in living color.

Comment

Try booking a plane seat in a developing country! The thing I noticed in the United incident was the person they chose. Was this a random choice? I noticed that he was Asian in appearance, so why him? Maybe I am just seeing things, but I think that the man has a right to be upset. Imagine if a school teacher treated a student that way. We would not tolerate it nor hear the end of it. Respect belongs to all ages and cultures. The Airline should have had a better policy for handling this, and should have anticipated the problem in advance. Some people get paid very high salaries to do this.
                          In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe (Hebrews 1:1-2).

Comment

Working...
                          X