Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, http://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Time Texts of the Revelation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roby3 View Post

No, YOU PRETS are wrong! You SAY those things have already happened, butcha don't provide one quark of **PROOF**! Your "say-so" is NOT EVIDENCE. You cats tell more tall tales than Uncle Remus!
    Except it is John, Andrew, James and Peter, not me.

I'll prove to you that you are up your nose one more time,,, it's got to sink in some time!!!

Jesus, you may remember Jesus as being the starter upper guy of Christianity, He came to earth to live among man and spread His gospel. Jesus didn't fib even a little bit. AND Jesus told John,Andrew , James and Peter this:

29 Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 30 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

At the door -this generation- all things take place- John, Andrew, Peter and James.

The gig is up Roby forget the false doctrine idea. The bible may be a farce, it could be a giant hoax, but if it is a bonifide account of the word of THEE God, then the great trib , the parousia and the gift of eternal life in heaven was first century.

noble

Comment

Originally posted by noble View Post

Except it is John, Andrew, James and Peter, not me.

I'll prove to you that you are up your nose one more time,,, it's got to sink in some time!!!

Jesus, you may remember Jesus as being the starter upper guy of Christianity, He came to earth to live among man and spread His gospel. Jesus didn't fib even a little bit. AND Jesus told John,Andrew , James and Peter this:

29 Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 30 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

At the door -this generation- all things take place- John, Andrew, Peter and James.

The gig is up Roby forget the false doctrine idea. The bible may be a farce, it could be a giant hoax, but if it is a bonifide account of the word of THEE God, then the great trib , the parousia and the gift of eternal life in heaven was first century.

noble
      Where's your **PROOF** ? You simply don't have any cuz it aint happened yet.

Comment

Where's your **PROOF** ? You simply don't have any cuz it aint happened yet.
        The proof is that Jesus said it would happen in that generation of John, Andrew, James ad Peter and as I said, Jesus did not fib. SO it happened.

If you do not chose to believe Jesus Christ then ... no problem, have at it, but then your comments would be more fitting on the atheist board instead of here... don't get me wrong tho, it is nice to have a guy like you on here to keep the forum active.

noble

Comment

The proof is that Jesus said it would happen in that generation of John, Andrew, James ad Peter and as I said, Jesus did not fib. SO it happened.

If you do not chose to believe Jesus Christ then ... no problem, have at it, but then your comments would be more fitting on the atheist board instead of here... don't get me wrong tho, it is nice to have a guy like you on here to keep the forum active.

noble
          There's **NO** proof those things HAVE happened.

And yes, I believe Jesus. The generation that'll see the beginning of those things will see all of them. Aint happened yet.

Comment

There's **NO** proof those things HAVE happened.

And yes, I believe Jesus. The generation that'll see the beginning of those things will see all of them. Aint happened yet.
            Well Jesus told them it would and you say it didn't????????????? That doesn't sound like believing Jesus to me! So what did Jesus say to those 4 men then?

noble

Comment

Well Jesus told them it would and you say it didn't????????????? That doesn't sound like believing Jesus to me! So what did Jesus say to those 4 men then?

noble
              Bottom line -

You have NOT provided one quark of **PROOF** those events have already happened.

Comment

Bottom line -

You have NOT provided one quark of **PROOF** those events have already happened.
                You didn't answer this question...

So what did Jesus say to those 4 men then?

Jesus said thes things to the 4 men, what was He talking about in each case?
                1)27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

2)33 so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Or from Luke:

1)28 But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

2)34 “Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; 35 for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth.

What is Jesus telling these 4 men n those verses Roby?

noble

Comment

Bottom line -

Bottom Line -

The proof has been supplied... You deny it as evidence because it doesn't fit in to your dispy template...

Sort of like DNA. It wasn't used 50 years ago. Now it is used regularly...
                  Be light. Share The Gospel. Grow the Kingdom...

Comment

Originally posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

Bottom Line -

The proof has been supplied... You deny it as evidence because it doesn't fit in to your dispy template...

Sort of like DNA. It wasn't used 50 years ago. Now it is used regularly...
                    I have the Encyclopaedia Britannica, Collier's Encyclopedia,, & several other history worx right in fronta me, as well as eleven English Bible versions. Not one of them says Jesus has already returned!

And, NO, you have NOT supplied ONE QUARK of **PROOF**. Your "say-so" isn't proof of anything except your belief in a false doctrine.

Comment

EASY!

Matt. 24:27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Everyone in the vicinity of a lightning bolt sees it, or its effects.

Matt. 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Rev. 1:7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

Obviously, these events have NOT yet happened! There's just no getting around it!

Thus, preterism is phony as a Ford Corvette!
                      I don't get it. You say that those in the VICINITY of the lightning bolt will see it...and then you say the whole world (i.e. planet earth) will witness the coming. A tad inconsistent huh?

It is a shame you are not familiar with how the OT prophets used the same kind of language of Matt 24:29 in reference to the many PAST cloud comings of judgement throughout the OT. If you were knowledgeable of this, perhaps you wouldn't be so insistent that it MUST be a physical event...

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Goodie View Post

I don't get it. You say that those in the VICINITY of the lightning bolt will see it...and then you say the whole world (i.e. planet earth) will witness the coming. A tad inconsistent huh?

It is a shame you are not familiar with how the OT prophets used the same kind of language of Matt 24:29 in reference to the many PAST cloud comings of judgement throughout the OT. If you were knowledgeable of this, perhaps you wouldn't be so insistent that it MUST be a physical event...
                        Those prophecies of jesus which HAVE already been fulfilled were done so in a LITERAL manner, including parts of the Olivet Discourse. Jerusalem & the temple were destroyed, Christians are persecuted, with decapitations, there's war & rumor of war, & jerusalem is trod underfoot daily by gentiles from all over earth. thus, there's no valid reason to not believe the rest won't be fulfilled JUST-AS-LITERALLY.

Far as I'm concerned, prets fall under the label of "scoffers" as per 2 Peter 3:3-4.as they tell the lie that Jesus has already returned. that's ridiculous. Jesus described some of the details of His return, and it's evident it'll be the MOST-SPECTACULAR event the world has ever seen. And, of course, Jesus was using a metaphor by comparing His return to lightning.

Iff CNN or Fox TV can cause a given event to be seen all over the world as it happens, how much more can JESUS do?

Comment

Okay. Now we are getting somewhere. You say lightning was just used as a metaphor. I can go along with that. Are there any other metaphors, or figures of speech that are not completely literal in Matthew 24:27-30? Are there any others at all in those four verses?

Comment

Okay. Now we are getting somewhere. You say lightning was just used as a metaphor. I can go along with that. Are there any other metaphors, or figures of speech that are not completely literal in Matthew 24:27-30? Are there any others at all in those four verses?
                            Jesus COMPARED His return to lightning. And "falling stars" has been used as a term for meteors since time immemorial. Of course, JESUS knew what they are, but He was using language His audience understood.

Comment

Jesus COMPARED His return to lightning. And "falling stars" has been used as a term for meteors since time immemorial. Of course, JESUS knew what they are, but He was using language His audience understood.
                              Time immemorial???
                              https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/meteor = 15th century
                              http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=meteor = 1590's

Why not use some form of the Greek word μετήορος for meteor then? Why was αστερες (Strong's G792) used instead? I mean, if meteors have been around since time immemorial (whenever that is supposed to be), the people sure goofed by not using the Greek word for meteor. I guess God was unable to have the people use the correct word...shame, shame...
                              I suppose you believe those kings from the east followed a meteor? You should know that a meteorite only becomes visible AFTER it enters the earth's atmosphere. Sure hope those kings had super fast transportation

Anyone know how to get Greek words to show up correctly?
                              Last edited by Edward Goodie; 04-23-17, 04:23 PM. Reason: Greek words not showing correctly

Comment

Time immemorial???
                                https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/meteor = 15th century
                                http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=meteor = 1590's

Why not use some form of the Greek word μετήορος for meteor then? Why was αστερες (Strong's G792) used instead? I mean, if meteors have been around since time immemorial (whenever that is supposed to be), the people sure goofed by not using the Greek word for meteor. I guess God was unable to have the people use the correct word...shame, shame...
                                I suppose you believe those kings from the east followed a meteor? You should know that a meteorite only becomes visible AFTER it enters the earth's atmosphere. Sure hope those kings had super fast transportation

Anyone know how to get Greek words to show up correctly?
                                Those are the ENGLISH definitions. and it's a FACT that in ancient times, people didn't know what stars are.most believed they were holes in the firmament that light from the home of the gods shined through. Or, they believed they were shining specks of some unknown element in the sky, above their reach.they believed that a meteor was one of those specks that came unseated & fell.

Most men didn't know rocks can fall from the sky! They weren't sure what the apparent meteorite was at the temple of Artemis, mentioned in Acts 19:35.

Again, Jesus was teaching PROPHECY, not astronomy. OF COURSE Jesus knew that no star, which would be many times the size of the earth, could fall to the earth. He was using terminology His audience could understand. So, you might wanna leave off saying Jesus was prophesying something that can't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X