Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, http://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

I Think Trump is Losing It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Fwiffo View Post
    The article in question.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/0...ng-letter.html

The first line on said article:
    "President Trump told President Xi Jinping of China on Thursday evening that the United States would honor the “One China” policy..."

The line Trump is throwing his fit about:
    "Mr Xi... had not spoken to Mr. Trump since Nov. 14, the week after he was elected.". For those with the same reading skills the President shows, that means that Trump hadn't spoken to the Chinese President since their first meeting until yesterday.

Does he not have basic reading comprehension skills?
    Good lord, can we go a single day without this idiot blowing a gasket?

Well, yes we could -- if we stopped pointing out every fail, and work hard to NORMALIZE Trump's gaffs so that any distinction between his behavior and 'anyone elses' is just being petty

I don't think it's a great idea to reduce expectations of our POTUS, do you? Sounds like a surefire way to enable him to continue to act like a prat instead of assume his role as a respected leader.

The folks 'excusing' Trump and begging for leniency are just trying to make themselves feel better. They aren't any more comfortable or reassured by his tantrums than the rest of us. When he acts out they take the criticism personally for all the noise they make supporting him. So let's 'normalize' Trump's outrageous behavior until it's no big deal to know our POTUS routinely makes a jacka** out of himself, while his prime enabler KAC gets censured for not having the first clue how to apologize for him without making the whole lot of them look worse than ever.

Let's not allow Trump's behavior to undermine our respect for his position. We criticize him out of respect for his position. He needs to get a grip and listen to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post
      Let's not allow Trump's behavior to undermine our respect for his position. We criticize him out of respect for his position.
      Absolutely. I'd be less critical if he'd just shut his gob.
      The extent to which you treat me as a sincere adult is the extent to which I'll return your civility. Thanks in advance.

Comment

[QUOTE..=DasBrille;n4412201]
        Well that would place him somewhere around a rather disturbed third-grader, which has always been my assessment of his intellectual capacity.
        .[/QUOTE]

So 9-yr olds with ADD are disturbed, and have limited intellectual capacity?
        cassie
        Perhaps you forget that you're talking to someone you don't actually know personally, who has dreams, aspirations and ambitions you don't even know the first thing about. -- Derrick

Calling a dog a cat does not make it a cat. -- DasBrille

Get a grip. -- Zaphod

In fact, we think the lot of you are nuts. -- Kastewart

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
          No, you're not president, and thank God for that, but you do rant on CARM about it.

You seem to think Trump has never apologized. Want to bet money that Trump has never apologized to anyone? Remember, he's married...

BTW, Fwiffo, without listing his moronic apologies for America, will you list all of Obama's apologies to the US citizens he insulted?
          Here's one:

Ann —

Let me apologize for my off-the-cuff remarks. I was making a point about the jobs market, not the value of art history. As it so happens, art history was one of my favorite subjects in high school, and it has helped me take in a great deal of joy in my life that I might otherwise have missed.

So please pass on my apology for the glib remark to the entire department, and understand that I was trying to encourage young people who may not be predisposed to a four year college experience to be open to technical training that can lead them to an honorable career.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by DasBrille View Post

"Fake news" is a magical incantation Trump supporters use that they think makes all criticism go away. It is a substitute for thinking, which they find distasteful.
            Your Fake News outlets said Hillary would win, landslide/blowout. Did that happen?

In the midterms, the same pattern of extreme predictions failed.

Do you like polls that are wrong?

Comment

I think Fwiffo is losing it.

Hello, Fwiffo, Hillary LOST.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

Your Fake News outlets said Hillary would win, landslide/blowout. Did that happen?

In the midterms, the same pattern of extreme predictions failed.

Do you like polls that are wrong?
                But what on earth has Hilary got to do with the polls about The Trump's popularity and the result of the coming mid-term elections?

... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                  But what on earth has Hilary got to do with the polls about The Trump's popularity and the result of the coming mid-term elections?
                  What coming midterm elections? They are two years away.

And, Trump's popularity is just fine, even with their fake polls.

You know, those polls, where the only people they tricked were themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by cas07 View Post
                    [QUOTE..=DasBrille;n4412201]
                    Well that would place him somewhere around a rather disturbed third-grader, which has always been my assessment of his intellectual capacity.
                    So 9-yr olds with ADD are disturbed, and have limited intellectual capacity?[/QUOTE]

No. I did NOT say that. Stop making stuff up about me.

Comment

Originally posted by molly View Post

What coming midterm elections? They are two years away.
                      Exactly. And that's just two years before The Drumpf's popularity is judged again, if he lasts that long.

And, Trump's popularity is just fine, even with their fake polls. You know, those polls, where the only people they tricked were themselves.
                      And I'm sure that The Drumpf's ego is just tickled pink about all that "Fake News" and all those "Fake Polls" and all those "Fake Wire Taps".
                      ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

The article in question.
                        https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/0...ng-letter.html

The first line on said article:
                        "President Trump told President Xi Jinping of China on Thursday evening that the United States would honor the “One China” policy..."

The line Trump is throwing his fit about:
                        "Mr Xi... had not spoken to Mr. Trump since Nov. 14, the week after he was elected.". For those with the same reading skills the President shows, that means that Trump hadn't spoken to the Chinese President since their first meeting until yesterday.

Does he not have basic reading comprehension skills?
                        Does this mean there's been no contact at all? Nobody on Trump's staff? We know that's not true. So splitting hairs about no contact with Trump - as opposed to the Trump administration - is just baloney.

How does this justify the OP "I think Trump is losing it"? Your use of the stories to claim Trump's having trouble - when clearly he is not - is just your version of fake news.

Trump received a call from the Pres of Taiwan. The Dems were outraged. The Chinese apparently didn't care at all. The primary reason being - they have the USA over a barrel and know Trump is all hot air. The USA can't unhook itself from China if for no better reason than China supplies a massive percentage of our plastic goods.

So they meet, Trump confirms long standing policy - what's the problem. Is there something you missed in all this? He's following the same policy all other POTUS's have - and I would be willing to bet you money - that an operative from the New York Times or other fake news outlet made a double-dog-dare to the Pres of Taiwan to call Trump - just to make trouble.

Evolutionary thinkers communicate via strawmen. Shadow-boxing without the gloves. If you can get past the strawman, there awaits a fifty-foot layer of invective, then another fifty foot layer of unreasonable responses, then they start another thread...

Comment

Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                          Exactly. And that's just two years before The Drumpf's popularity is judged again, if he lasts that long.

And I'm sure that The Drumpf's ego is just tickled pink about all that "Fake News" and all those "Fake Polls" and all those "Fake Wire Taps".
                          Well we have fake news running out the wazoo - considering Spicer just outed the fake news agencies for having reported the wiretapping first, that's two of your three.

And for fake polls. Did you check the polls leading up to the election. All of them were dead wrong. All fake polls.

But now, magically a few months later, the polls are spot-on? Seriously? No, the polls are still fake news. Been that way a long time.
                          Evolutionary thinkers communicate via strawmen. Shadow-boxing without the gloves. If you can get past the strawman, there awaits a fifty-foot layer of invective, then another fifty foot layer of unreasonable responses, then they start another thread...

Comment

I thank God I'm not the President too, because unlike someone who currently is, I'm fully cognizant of the fact that it's a job waaaaaay above my capabilities.

Im sure he must have apologized once. Maybe even without making it about himself!

And I remember he's married. In fact he's so good at it he's done it 3 times!

You list some Trump apologies and I'll consider it.
                            Trump has apologized just as many times as Hillary and Obama combined!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

The only thing I would enjoy more is if he laid a good one on us. Like strategery.

Seems like Dems keep getting beat by the dumbest people on the planet, if I am hearing these leftists correctly.
                              If the Dems get beat by the dumbest people on the planet, what does it say of them?

The whole idea of calling one's winning opponent a loser is anathema to the contest. Sure, bad-mouth the guy you just ran against. But he beat you - so what does that say about you?

Comment

Originally posted by lightwave View Post

Trump has apologized just as many times as Hillary and Obama combined!
                                That's funny. Your funny.

Did I make up the 8 years of republicans whining about Obamas apology tours?
                                To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
                                - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X