Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, http://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Atonement at Calvary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SethProton View Post
    You are mistaken in thinking that I am not called to judge the doctrine that I hear.
    You ought to take heed to the scriptures I presented you and may God help you spiritually discern them.

Do you think that you are just judging the doctrine I teach and not judging me from that? You can discern false doctrine and not associate with false teachers with the Spirit's guidance but do not be quick to judge your brother in Christ or it will put you in judgement yourself.

I leave judgement to God and he is a better judge of me than I am of myself thus I will be careful not to judge my brother in Christ!

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

1Co 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Pay attention and take heed to the scriptures and all the scriptures and harmonize them!

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

• Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

You ought to take heed to the scriptures I presented you and may God help you spiritually discern them.

Do you think that you are just judging the doctrine I teach and not judging me from that? You can discern false doctrine and not associate with false teachers with the Spirit's guidance but do not be quick to judge your brother in Christ or it will put you in judgement yourself.

I leave judgement to God and he is a better judge of me than I am of myself thus I will be careful not to judge my brother in Christ!

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

1Co 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Pay attention and take heed to the scriptures and all the scriptures and harmonize them!

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay
      I cannot judge you here. My only judgment is based on the doctrines you put forward and whether or not they seem to align with scripture as I know it.
      But you are probably right, that once I perceive your doctrine to be slanted by some outside idea, it makes me think that you are tuned into a different spirit.
      by faith we understand...
      Didn't I tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?

Comment

I cannot judge you here. My only judgment is based on the doctrines you put forward and whether or not they seem to align with scripture as I know it.
        But you are probably right, that once I perceive your doctrine to be slanted by some outside idea, it makes me think that you are tuned into a different spirit.
        Be careful how you handle God's words thus I pray that God spiritually guides you continually and that he gives you receptive ears to hear and a receptive mind and heart to receive the hidden revelations of God.

Revelation:

- Original: ἀποκάλυψις
        - Transliteration: Apokalupsis
        - Phonetic: ap-ok-al'-oop-sis
        - Definition:
        1. laying bear, making naked
        2. a disclosure of truth, instruction
        a. concerning things before unknown
        b. used of events by which things or states or persons hitherto withdrawn from view are made visible to all
        3. manifestation, appearance
        - Origin: from G601
        - TDNT entry: 12:23,4
        - Part(s) of speech: Noun Feminine

- Strong's: From G601; disclosure: - appearing coming lighten manifestation be revealed revelation.
        Total KJV Occurrences: 18
        BTSCTVM+

G601
        ἀποκαλύπτω apokalyptō 26x
        pr. uncover; to reveal, Mat_11:25;
        pass.
        to be disclosed, Luk_2:35; Eph_3:5;
        to be plainly signified, distinctly declared, Rom_1:17-18;
        to be set forth, announced, Gal_3:23;
        to be discovered in true character, 1Co_3:13;
        to be manifested, appear, Joh_12:38;Rom_8:18; 2Th_2:3; 2Th_2:6; 2Th_2:8; 1Pe_1:5; 1Pe_5:1 disclose; reveal.
        MCEDGNT

Notice G601 which means to uncover.

May the Christ in you be unveiled to you as you walk in his grace moment by moment.

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

• Originally posted by Winman View Post

Well, no one would argue that God is not in control, but that does not explain why God would determine that the Jews would try to kill Jesus on at least two occasions before the proper time, and that Jesus would escape out of their hands.

Yes, God was in control, and allowed Jesus to escape out of their hands, but it makes no sense whatsoever that God would determine they would attempt to kill Jesus before the proper time.

God is trying to overthrow his own plan and have Jesus killed before the proper time? That's crazy.

Determinism makes God to appear to be insane and divided against himself. That you cannot see this is remarkable.
          God's plan was to show those who wanted to kill the Lord that they couldn't do it (also to show this to everyone who reads about it), unless it was in God's way and time.
          John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

Be careful how you handle God's words thus I pray that God spiritually guides you continually and that he gives you receptive ears to hear and a receptive mind and heart to receive the hidden revelations of God.

Revelation:

BTSCTVM+

MCEDGNT

Notice G601 which means to uncover.

May the Christ in you be unveiled to you as you walk in his grace moment by moment.

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay
            I agree with those thoughts.

by faith we understand...
            Didn't I tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?

Comment

• Originally posted by GaryMac View Post

What makes you think I am not?
              Because you said you never claimed you were "perfectly righteous", so naturally I assumed you meant you were not.

Now, just for the record, are you perfectly righteous or not?

If you claim to be perfectly righteous, you're claiming to be much, much more righteous than Paul. So I have to ask......On what grounds do you feel you're more righteous than Paul?
              Last edited by Nebekednezzar; 01-11-17, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by David1701 View Post

God's plan was to show those who wanted to kill the Lord that they couldn't do it (also to show this to everyone who reads about it), unless it was in God's way and time.
                So, it was God's plan to kill Jesus so he could stop it?

I'm sorry, but that is not a very credible explanation.
                None but a poor Christian will bestow a wrong appellation, on any man: and none but a bad man will kill even a bad man, with an unlawful weapon. - REV. RALPH EMERSON

Comment

I agree with those thoughts.
                  Amen!

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

So, it was God's plan to kill Jesus so he could stop it?

I'm sorry, but that is not a very credible explanation.
                    No, God's plan was for Jesus to die for the sins of the elect at the appointed time and place. That doesn't mean that God didn't allow for anger of the self righteous to attempt to quiet Jesus before the plan was to be fulfilled. Still today there are those that are trying to kill Jesus, even in this forum, and their efforts are also futile.

Comment

• Originally posted by j7354 View Post

No, God's plan was for Jesus to die for the sins of the elect at the appointed time and place. That doesn't mean that God didn't allow for anger of the self righteous to attempt to quiet Jesus before the plan was to be fulfilled. Still today there are those that are trying to kill Jesus, even in this forum, and their efforts are also futile.
                      Well, I notice you say God "allowed" the Jews to attempt to kill Jesus. Many determinists would say that free will does not exist, and that it was God himself that CAUSED these Jews to desire to kill Jesus before the proper time. That would have God divided against himself, and then thwarting his own will. Absurd.

None but a poor Christian will bestow a wrong appellation, on any man: and none but a bad man will kill even a bad man, with an unlawful weapon. - REV. RALPH EMERSON

Comment

Well, I notice you say God "allowed" the Jews to attempt to kill Jesus. Many determinists would say that free will does not exist, and that it was God himself that CAUSED these Jews to desire to kill Jesus before the proper time. That would have God divided against himself, and then thwarting his own will. Absurd.

While it's true that God is sovereign and nothing happens without Him knowing about it, but He is incapable of evil because of His Holiness. Man, after the fall, is inherently evil, the choices we make reflect that, and because of our sinful nature we are incapable of making decisions that are righteous in God's eyes. This the reason why God must choose to change our hearts. God will sometimes use the evilness of man to do good. Think of Joseph when he was sold into slavery. His brothers wanted to kill him, but the opportunity to sell him into slavery came along. God used their evil intention to not only save His chosen people from the impending famine, but also save the Egyptians from doom, which He used later to show His power and glory..

Comment

While it's true that God is sovereign and nothing happens without Him knowing about it, but He is incapable of evil because of His Holiness. Man, after the fall, is inherently evil, the choices we make reflect that, and because of our sinful nature we are incapable of making decisions that are righteous in God's eyes. This the reason why God must choose to change our hearts. God will sometimes use the evilness of man to do good. Think of Joseph when he was sold into slavery. His brothers wanted to kill him, but the opportunity to sell him into slavery came along. God used their evil intention to not only save His chosen people from the impending famine, but also save the Egyptians from doom, which He used later to show His power and glory..
                          Nonsense, Cornelius was not saved, nor did he have the Holy Spirit, yet he was able to do righteous works that God recognized.

Acts 11:13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
                          14 Who shall tell thee words,
                          whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
                          35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

You need to quit listening to the false doctrines of men, and listen to what the word of God says.

Total inability is a lie.

Comment

And again, it is one thing to say God allowed something, and quite another to say he determined it. If God determined that Joseph's brothers would sell him into slavery and they could not possibly do otherwise, that would make God the author of sin.

If on the other hand, God simply allowed the brothers to do what they freely chose to do, that would not make God the author of sin.

Comment

And again, it is one thing to say God allowed something, and quite another to say he determined it. If God determined that Joseph's brothers would sell him into slavery and they could not possibly do otherwise, that would make God the author of sin.

If on the other hand, God simply allowed the brothers to do what they freely chose to do, that would not make God the author of sin.
                              Joseph's made influenced choices which is why they chose to do what they did. However, to say God permits something has to be God condescending for humanities sake other wise for God to allow man to do something God does not want man to do would make God a wimp!

This is how God actually works with man where God wants man to be according to God's own will:

Php 2:13 for it is Elohim who is working in you1 both to desire and to work for His good pleasure. Footnote: 1See Messiah in you in the Explanatory Notes.

Elohym bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Nonsense, Cornelius was not saved, nor did he have the Holy Spirit, yet he was able to do righteous works that God recognized.

Acts 11:13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
                                14 Who shall tell thee words,
                                whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
                                35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

You need to quit listening to the false doctrines of men, and listen to what the word of God says.

Total inability is a lie.
                                The story of Cornelius is a great example of God's sovereign election. He and his family believed, but were unaware of the gospel at the time. As soon as Peter spoke and told them of Jesus, the Holy Spirit came upon them.

You can keep your rags of works righteousness, I think I will be just fine with God's grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X