View RSS Feed

Messenger

Edict of Thessalonica - the Trinity and When Might Becomes Right

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Quote Originally Posted by dannyfortruth View Post
You have very little comprehension of The Logos of God. You have no idea that YHWH you are speaking about doesn't do anything apart from His Logos. One can know Him only by His Logos. He is utter transcendent and we can't get to Him nor see Him nor hear Him. You need to be YHWH yourself to hear Him. You have no idea that He is totally invisible and no one has seen Him nor can see. The only way to understand Him is through His Logos that proceeds out from Him and in due course The Logos was made flesh. All the scriptures you say about the 'Shema' is because of The Logos of God. Take the Logos out and you won't know a thing about God. By His Logos He created and the creation is attributed to Christ in NT (even if you deny) John 1:3 and that's because it goes from transcendence to immanence. It's Life from Life; Light from Light. You think that you are understanding YHWH in transcendence but actually you are understanding Him in immanence through Christ - the internal Logos of God which was externalized.

If you don't agree, it's OK. I don't force someone to my belief.
DFT,

YHWH is his immanent name.

Ex 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty (EL Shaddai), but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

The English translation is incorrect here. Abraham did know his name as JEHOVAH. If we read Gen 15:2 Abraham addresses God as JEHOVAH

Ge 15:2 ¶ And Abram said, Lord GOD (Andonay Yahweh), what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

and in verse 7 God tells Abraham

Ge 15:7 ¶ And he said unto him, I am the LORD (Yahweh) that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.

What God is telling Moses in Exodus 6:3 is that he was known to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as the all sufficient God (source) from whom are all things and now he was going to reveal to Israel his name to show that it's also by him is the fulfillment of all things. It is surely possible for God to bear the name of a certain office or dignity before he fulfils any of its functions.

This is synonymous with Paul telling us in 1 Corin 8:6

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

The gospel is hidden in all this. Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness because he believed the GOSPEL.

Ge 17:1 ¶ And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God (EL Shaddai); walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

The Transcendent God (EL Shaddai) is covenanted to Abraham and his seed through Christ who is JEHOVAH IS MY SALVATION, that's the meaning of his name Yahowshuwa

Ga 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

This also can be seen when God asked Abraham to offer his only son Isaac and in his place the RAM caught in a thicket by is horns was offered by him. The RAM/LAMB in place of Abraham's seed and Abraham named the place Jehovahjireh (Gen 22:14) which means in the mount of the Lord it will be seen.

God held his name Yahweh in office or dignity before he fulfilled any of its functions. This name would be perpetually known to God's people and the fulfillment happened in Christ as he is our Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah Shammah, Jehovah Shalom, Jehovah Nissi etc.

Ex 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD(Yahweh) God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Regards,

Messenger
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments