Please view this link. Its a Youtube link to a short testimony by a Mormon Apostle about the validity of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. It was made last year at the semi-annual Mormon conference.
One of the things that stood out to me as I watched this, was the deep conviction with which the man testified to the truth/validity of the Book of Mormon. He solemnly swore before God and invited anathema upon himself at the judgment bar of God if he was telling a lie.
"No wicked man could write such a book as this. And no good man could." I have heard many SDA's make the same claims about EGW's writings.
It is very interesting to note that SDA's claim that Joseph Smith and the book of Mormon - Mormonism itself, is a direct and deliberate counterfeit of God's TRUE last day/remnant people and truth...produced by Satan.
And Mormon's claim the exact same thing about the SDA church and EGW, and their claims appear to be more valid because EGW and the SDA church came AFTER the Mormon church was established.
This begets for a very interesting look at how similar the 2 movements are.
1) BOTH claim to be God's TRUE last day/Remnant people...the only true church/denomination in the world.
2) BOTH were started and formed by the leadings of a person who claimed to have been given the gift of Prophecy.
3) BOTH were formed in the early to mid 1800's - Mormonism first, and the SDA church shortly after.
4) BOTH highly emphasize the importance of good health - they both have a health message.
5) BOTH have chosen the symbol of an Angel/Angels as the identifying logo for the church. Mormons have the 1 Angel on top of every Church - symbolizing Moroni (The Angel who gave J. Smith his revelations), and the SDA church has the 3 Angels as their logo - a symbol of the 3 Angels messages of Revelation 14.
6) Members of BOTH movements believe that the other church is a deliberate counterfeit of the theirs...the TRUE church. Mormons even point out that EGW apparently read and liked the book of Alma in the book of Mormon. They believe that James and Ellen White read the book of Mormon and copied Joseph Smith.
7) Members of BOTH movements believe that there is no way a wicked person could have written the things that their prophet did...and they will tell you this with tears in their voice, and absolute sincerity.
Here are some more...and I invite you to find others.
8) People who find their way out of BOTH of those movements, did so because they chose to follow the Bible and the Bible only.
9) People who found their way out of BOTH of those movements, having an earnest desire to want only the truth, came to the place where they fearlessly tested the writings and doings of the prophet against the Word of God...and found out that they did not pass the test.
10) People who find their way out of BOTH of those movements get accused by their former church and its members of being deviant in behavior or in mind in some way.