As a Laymen in the TEC I really have no say at the national level. I mostly try to influence the local parishioners by presenting a simple but compelling argument. Some of the more "religious" persons really do not understand scripture, they seam to go mostly by stereotype. There is one person I know that thinks the Islamic faith is "saved". So, yes this is an up hill battle. What isn't understood about TEC goers is that they are aging and the old ideals with the conservative values are dying out with them. So the church is turning to a newer, fresher ways of thinking. The prayer book (BCP) has been updated and newer music and such have been brought into the service. With attendance down the National Church is looking for ways to drum up stewardship, which is better known as giving money on a regular basis. It appears that young unsaved persons like a more open environment that accepts not only ethnic multicultural people but also personal orientation isn't as important. Where have we read this before... Sodom and Gomorrah! Satan has been in the church from the beginning and he isn't leaving any time soon. So far the RCC has pedophiles, the TEC and others have gay clergy, there's the "name it claim it" Televangelist professing prosperity teaching, Mormons wear tissue paper, JW's have an annual doomsday and lastly COEXIST. All this has been spawned by the great deceiver, Satan. So the world has no choice but to think Christians are crazy, hopeless or misguided. Not that this is anything new.

2 Tim 4:2-5 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Peace