Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope blames coronavirus on nature ‘having a fit’ over environmental damage

Pope blames coronavirus on nature ‘having a fit’ over environmental damage

a recorded video interview: not some journalist's paraphrased notes from memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU67...ature=emb_logo

"Pope Francis told a Spanish journalist on Sunday that he believes that the coronavirus pandemic is nature “having a fit” in response to environmental pollution.

Stating that “curiously the planet hasn’t been very clean for a long time,” the interviewer asked, “Is it possible that this is nature’s hour of reckoning with us?”

Pope Francis answered: “There’s a saying that you surely know: God always forgives, we forgive sometimes, [but] nature never forgives.”"

" fires, earthquakes: that is nature having a fit"

IOW don't mess with Mother Earth!!
    Last edited by tester; 03-25-2020, 11:04 AM.

about 6 months ago:
    from Vatican news:
    https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/n...-creation.html

The Vatican publishing house, Libreria Editrice Vaticana, on Thursday released a new book of Pope Francis’ thoughts on the environment, including a previously unpublished text. “Our Mother Earth: A Christian reading of the environmental challenge”

I ask; How much paganism is too much paganism?
    Last edited by tester; 03-25-2020, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Asked if he was an “optimist” regarding the situation,
      Francis answered that he had “hope” in " fill in the blank "

“I have hope in " fill in the blank " I have hope in " fill in the blank " I have much hope.

What do you think the Pope has hope in?

White fonts below:
      highlight between the lines for the answers!!!
      --------------------------------------
      Asked if he was an “optimist” regarding the situation, Francis answered that he had “hope” in people.
      “I have hope in humanity, in men and women, I have hope in the nations. I have much hope.

----------------------------------------
      Last edited by tester; 03-25-2020, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tester View Post

a recorded video interview: not journalist's paraphrased notes from memory.

"Pope Francis told a Spanish journalist on Sunday that he believes that the coronavirus pandemic is nature “having a fit” in response to environmental pollution.

Stating that “curiously the planet hasn’t been very clean for a long time,” the interviewer asked, “Is it possible that this is nature’s hour of reckoning with us?”

Pope Francis answered: “There’s a saying that you surely know: God always forgives, we forgive sometimes, [but] nature never forgives.”"

If anyone needed proof that this pope is hell bound this should wake them up... "It not nice to fool Mother Nature" seems to be his motto
        Last edited by Calsgal; 03-25-2020, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

If anyone needed proof that this pope is hell bound this should wake them up... "It notice to fool Mother Nature" seems to be his motto
          there will be no wake up here:
          Most Carm-posting Catholic do not have the skill set to discern bad doctrines or Theology:

I have have asked them countless times how do they resolve conflicting interpretations of their Catholic teachings from faithful, knowledgeable, and Church -loving Cardinals and Bishops.

still waiting

meanwhile at other pro-Catholic websites: the Catholics are out-raged: but not here
          Last edited by tester; 03-25-2020, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Interesting, I wonder if Frank has a scripture to back up his teaching on this?

Comment

This pompous maximus is clearly pushing GOD's agenda closer to the finish line. The only problem is that pompous maximus does not know that.

THE END IS NEAR.
              ARE YOU WATCHING?
              ARE YOU READY?
              The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6

Comment

Originally posted by Southsider View Post

Interesting, I wonder if Frank has a scripture to back up his teaching on this?
                They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.
                Romans 1:25

Comment

a recorded video interview: not some journalist's paraphrased notes from memory.

Pope Francis is right on diagnosis but appears to have missed it on identifying the pollutant. We, the fallen people, are the pollutant. We brought all of this on in the garden.
                  He comes so very close when "nature" was being offered in translation. The NATURE SIN (our fallen condition) is how we got here.
                  His statement "Nature never forgives" aptly describes our fallen self til the grave.
                  With a more clear falken context further applied his statement "curioulsly our planet hasn't been very clean for a very long time" becomes more than a gross understandment. The last time the planet was very clean was before the fall. Yes that was a very long time ago.
                  I would give him more of a pass if he had tied his comments more directly to the fall.
                  Last edited by Nic; 03-25-2020, 01:05 PM.
                  1Corinthians 1:30-31
                  And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nic View Post

Pope Francis is right on diagnosis but appears to have missed it on identifying the pollutant. We, the fallen people, are the pollutant. We brought all of this on in the garden.
                    He comes so very close when "nature" was being offered in translation. The NATURE SIN (our fallen condition) is how we got here.
                    His statement "Nature never forgives" aptly describes our fallen self til the grave.
                    With a more clear falken context further applied his statement "curioulsly our planet hasn't been very clean for a very long time" becomes more than a gross understandment. The last time the planet was very clean was before the fall. Yes that was a very long time ago.
                    I would give him more of a pass if he had tied his comments more directly to the fall.

“I have hope in " fill in the blank " I have hope in " fill in the blank " I have much hope.

White fonts below:
                    Asked if he was an “optimist” regarding the situation, Francis answered that he had “hope” in people.
                    “I have hope in humanity, in men and women, I have hope in the nations. I have much hope.

Comment

Look, none of us have ever claimed that being pope makes you a brilliant theologian. Pope Francis is an idiot. But he is still pope. The office of the papacy does not depend on one's intelligence.

Comment

White fonts below:
                        [added color to text for better viewing; contrast]
                        Yeah. I read that. Sad. I can season his comments only so far before I just have let litany of them he has made stand on their own. In my mind I can again fix what he says with a distinction between biblical hope and hope in humanity but why should I? Especially so often? That's telling in my opinion and fairly obvious too.
                        The thing I ask myself, is this a proper approach to the world at large or even Spain alone to introduce Christ or does this merely endorse a secular worldview that the pope oftens appears to embrace or pay homage? At some point you have to tell the people about Christ or you promote their unbelief and only testify to their condemnation.
                        Last edited by Nic; 03-25-2020, 02:02 PM.
                        1Corinthians 1:30-31
                        And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Comment

Originally posted by Romishpopishpapist View Post

Look, none of us have ever claimed that being pope makes you a brilliant theologian. Pope Francis is an idiot. But he is still pope. The office of the papacy does not depend on one's intelligence.
                          about 6 months ago:
                          from Vatican news:

The Vatican publishing house, Libreria Editrice Vaticana, on Thursday released a new book of Pope Francis’ thoughts on the environment, including a previously unpublished text. “Our Mother Earth: A Christian reading of the environmental challenge”

Comment

about 6 months ago:
                            from Vatican news:

Tell you what: talk to me when the pope starts offering sacrifices and oblations to mother Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Romishpopishpapist View Post

Tell you what: talk to me when the pope starts offering sacrifices and oblations to mother Earth.
                              so for you; that is when paganism is too much:; thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X