One true church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One true church

The RCC often make the claim that it is the one true church and necessary for salvation. The Catechism 846 states:

How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it
    If this claim was true then we are all in trouble. It means that an institution that allows sin to flourish is the means of salvation. I cannot find any scriptural support for this claim. Can a passage be produced which supports said claim?

Originally posted by Balshan View Post
    The RCC often make the claim that it is the one true church and necessary for salvation. The Catechism 846 states:

How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it
    If this claim was true then we are all in trouble. It means that an institution that allows sin to flourish is the means of salvation. I cannot find any scriptural support for this claim. Can a passage be produced which supports said claim?
    The rcc like all false churches has to remind itself that it's the one church. Fakers have to remind others and themselves that they are special. The true church doesn't have to run around saying it's the true church. We just put our heads down and plug away. Michael Jordan never had to run around saying I'm number 1. Everyone knows he is.
    Rom 5:1
    5 Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, NASB

Rom 5:6
    6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. NASB

Rom 5:8
    8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. NASB

Rom 5:10
    10 For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. NASB

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

The rcc like all false churches has to remind itself that it's the one church. Fakers have to remind others and themselves that they are special. The true church doesn't have to run around saying it's the true church. We just put our heads down and plug away. Michael Jordan never had to run around saying I'm number 1. Everyone knows he is.
      I have noticed that they are unable to produce any support for their claim and I agree with your comments. If you make the claim of being the one then it has to be backed up by action. The one true church is a light on a hill that everyone can see. The RCC fails to be a light on a hill.

Comment

I have noticed that they are unable to produce any support for their claim and I agree with your comments. If you make the claim of being the one then it has to be backed up by action. The one true church is a light on a hill that everyone can see. The RCC fails to be a light on a hill.
        of course they can't, because it isn't. the RCC is a man made religion.

Comment

Had to change the size in order to read;
          "the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church."
          Rephrase:
          the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his inspired written Holy Bible.
          1Pet 1:18,19 ... redeemed with ... the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Comment

the rcc's dagon pope is the representative of the satanic realm and its fish souls, so of course they would like to trick adamite souls who are from God to leave Him and to follow them instead as the 'true' church.

Comment

Making the claim, and making it loudly smacks of desperation. Those 'one true churchers' have to run around saying 'we're #1 to convince themselves and their followers that they are. Ever wonder why the apostles or the real christians through the early centuries didn't make a big stink about being #1? They were doing the work of the kingdom. While the rcc was persecuting/burning/murdering those hostile to catholicism, writing false histories; psuedo isidore, donation of constantine, the true church the ekklesia was making disciples and bringing in the sheep.
              Rom 5:1
              5 Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, NASB

Rom 5:6
              6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. NASB

Rom 5:8
              8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. NASB

Rom 5:10
              10 For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. NASB

Comment

Originally posted by Nondenom40 View Post

Making the claim, and making it loudly smacks of desperation. Those 'one true churchers' have to run around saying 'we're #1 to convince themselves and their followers that they are. Ever wonder why the apostles or the real christians through the early centuries didn't make a big stink about being #1? They were doing the work of the kingdom. While the rcc was persecuting/burning/murdering those hostile to catholicism, writing false histories; psuedo isidore, donation of constantine, the true church the ekklesia was making disciples and bringing in the sheep.
                You are correct and those things you pointed to done by the RCC, among other things, shows how far away it is from being the one true church.

Comment

I'd have to change "an institution that allows sin to flourish" to 'the Church having grown to be a great tree, where even the birds of the air can find places to hide and make their nests' -- from Mt 13:31-32, and this, as two examples:

Mat 13:24 Another parable he put before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field;
                  Mat 13:25 but while men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.
                  Mat 13:26 So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also.
                  Mat 13:27 And the servants of the householder came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then has it weeds?'
                  Mat 13:28 He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?'
                  Mat 13:29 But he said, 'No; lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them.
                  Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.'"

I know the objection you will propose ("the world (Mt 13:38) does not include the Church") - but that's why you and I belong to different churches: we read the same words, and hear them differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post

I'd have to change "an institution that allows sin to flourish" to 'the Church having grown to be a great tree, where even the birds of the air can find places to hide and make their nests' -- from Mt 13:31-32, and this, as two examples:

Mat 13:24 Another parable he put before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field;
                    Mat 13:25 but while men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.
                    Mat 13:26 So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also.
                    Mat 13:27 And the servants of the householder came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then has it weeds?'
                    Mat 13:28 He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?'
                    Mat 13:29 But he said, 'No; lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them.
                    Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.'"

I know the objection you will propose ("the world (Mt 13:38) does not include the Church") - but that's why you and I belong to different churches: we read the same words, and hear them differently.
                    the RCC is a tree carved into an idol. It is not of Him.

Comment

Originally posted by mica View Post
                      the RCC is a tree carved into an idol. It is not of Him.
                      On what planet would that be? A Church is a tree? The Body of Christ is an idol? I've never seen that. There seems to be much confusion around here - much confusing and conflating of disparate and contrary realities: holiness and sin.

Comment

No bird who wants to live would rest in the RCC tree. That tree will be pulled out by its roots and destroyed in the great fire. You do not read the same words and hear them differently, you read them through the bias of the catechism and therefore you read tainted words.

Comment

On what planet would that be? A Church is a tree? The Body of Christ is an idol? I've never seen that. There seems to be much confusion around here - much confusing and conflating of disparate and contrary realities: holiness and sin.
                          You are the one who first compared your evil institution to a tree.Your institution is an idol and has nothing to do with the real Body of Christ. Your institution is not Holy it has allowed sin to flourish and did not protect the gifts from God.

Comment

You are the one who first compared your evil institution to a tree.Your institution is an idol and has nothing to do with the real Body of Christ. Your institution is not Holy it has allowed sin to flourish and did not protect the gifts from God.

Listen to Jesus:
                            Mt 13:31 Another parable he put before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field;
                            Mt 13:32 it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.

Comment

No bird who wants to live would rest in the RCC tree. That tree will be pulled out by its roots and destroyed in the great fire. You do not read the same words and hear them differently, you read them through the bias of the catechism and therefore you read tainted words.
                              Can you look in a mirror and in all self-honesty declare that you have no biases?

Comment

Working...
                              X