Cross post from another CARM board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Created View Post
    I gave you exactly what I thought you needed,if your dismissal of the Gospel of Jesus makes you feel good, good luck with that, The Gospel of Jesus is my focus/directive/commission,to bad LDS sees it as a non-answer. For the LDS,the First Vision trumps the Gospel of Jesus,you can't serve 2 masters no matter what knowledge/intelligence you believe you have obtained.

ETA:BTW,The Gospel of Jesus isn't my 'come to Jesus moment' it is the message to the world that He was telling the Truth,that He would Rise AGAIN and DEFEAT DEATH. And those who Believe Him WILL be Saved. To bad LDS doesn't get that.
    What I need is a direct answer to specific questions asked not the answer you think that I need to hear. At the very least you can at least stay on topic. To bad you can't get this.
    Last edited by mesenja; 03-26-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mesenja View Post

What I need is a direct answer to a specific question not the answer you think that I need to hear. To bad you can't get this.
      Sorry you feel that a Christian on a Christian website doesn't give you what you want, but I must ask, does that surprise you? I provided you answers to all your problems, but you seem to asking for more, kind of like the need for LDS needing more the the sufficiency of Christ Crucified.
      2 Thessalonians 2:10-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
      10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Comment

Sorry you feel that a Christian on a Christian website doesn't give you what you want,but I must ask, does that surprise you? I provided you answers to all your problems,but you seem to asking for more,kind of like the need for LDS needing more the the sufficiency of Christ Crucified.
        No I am not surprised at your evasiveness that makes your inability to debate me.
        Last edited by mesenja; 03-26-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

No I am not surprised at your evasiveness that masks your inability to debate me.
          There is no debate as far as I'm concerned, either one Believes what Jesus says in Gods Word, or they believe josephs first vision, it is really that simple, until you can provide WHO you believe, what is there to debate?
          10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Comment

There is no debate as far as I'm concerned,either one Believes what Jesus says in Gods Word,or they believe Josephs first vision,it is really that simple,until you can provide WHO you believe,what is there to debate?

First since when was it ever a debate on my part whether to believe what Jesus says in God's Word? Second you are making the fallacy of presenting a false dilemma. There is the third option. You can believe both. It's really that simple.

Last edited by mesenja; 03-27-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Sorry you feel that a Christian on a Christian website doesn't give you what you want, but I must ask, does that surprise you? I provided you answers to all your problems, but you seem to asking for more, kind of like the need for LDS needing more the the sufficiency of Christ Crucified.
              We, your brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ give the LDS folk what they NEED, meaning the Bible in its context, telling them of their need for salvation.

What they want to hear from us is our testimony of a ":Maalox moment", and the heart burn that comes from eating a pepperoni pizza.as a measure of the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Erundur View Post
                You're wrong. What we see is mostly protestants trying to convince us we believe things we don't believe.
                That collectively, y'all have different beliefs than what your church teaches on various official LDS websites is not our problem; it is yours. I can say that because logically because so many of you guys and gals create your own, and subjective tenets of LDSism, you are by definition creating your own religion. The version that we see on the board is much akin to a "Chinese buffet of LDS theology "

It works out that some like the dim sum, others like the garlic eggplant,some like the fried wonton, some like the Yum cha and others like the Pad Thai, but none will have that on their plates at once. Anyone want to get some take out?

The analogy is sufficiently clear, your hunger pangs are irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

You are aware that Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world--right?

1 John 2:2-4--- King James Version (KJV)
                  2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
                  3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
                  4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
                  MOD--no violation. Poster did not say all will be saved, no matter what.

Comment

You're wrong. What we see is mostly protestants trying to convince us we believe things we don't believe.
                    What you believe now may or may not coincide with actual mormon doctrine. And modern mormonism has dismissed a lot of doctrine that mormonism was founded on.
                    "The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace." ~ Numbers 6:24-26

~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time. ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
                      What you believe now may or may not coincide with actual mormon doctrine.
                      What you believe we believe definitely does not coincide with actual Mormon doctrine.

Comment

First since when was it ever a debate on my part whether to believe what Jesus says in God's Word? Second you are making the fallacy of presenting a false dilemma. There is the third option. You can believe both. It's really that simple.

Uh no, you can't believe both, for the very true fact the LDS calls God a liar if the first vision to be true in their eyes, I already posted the verses, you can go find them if you like. Again Gods Word is not subject to the liking of the LDS, He is the Creator, we are the creatures, He not your your equal, He is our Superior...

Comment

Uh no,you can't believe both,for the very true fact the Latter-day Saints calls God a liar if the first vision to be true in their eyes,I already posted the verses,you can go find them if you like. Again Gods Word is not subject to the liking of the Latter-day Saints,He is the Creator,we are the creatures,He not your your equal,He is our Superior...
                          It's not subject to your liking either.
                          Last edited by Mod10; 03-27-2020, 12:37 PM. Reason: flag; no violation--writing out "Latter-Day Saints" is the same thing as LDS. Meaning not changed.

Comment

What you believe we believe definitely does not coincide with actual Mormon doctrine.
                            And there's that modern mormon merry go round ... dont commit to believing anything, because then you can deny whatever turns out to be false.
                            "The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace." ~ Numbers 6:24-26

~ You can't follow Christ and false prophets at the same time. ~

Comment

• Created
                              Created commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If LDS didn't publish all their perversion for the world to see, there wouldn't be anything to talk about, would there? They just can't help trying to tell the world they are correct, when hard evidence utterly proves them wrong!!

And there's that modern mormon merry go round ... dont commit to believing anything, because then you can deny whatever turns out to be false.
                            What is your evidence the LDS "dont commit to believing anything,"?

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about. That must be a protestant merry-go-round, because there's plenty we commit to believing.

Comment

Working...
                              X