This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board rollback

CARM had a few issues, so the boards were rolled back a week, hence some missing posts.
    ~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.~~

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~~

~~Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, WHO HAS SAVED US and called us with a holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began~~

This is ridiculous. I've had my account and all my posts erased completely over the past two days.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_hili View Post
      This is ridiculous. I've had my account and all my posts erased completely over the past two days.
      Hey, stuff happens. You have to deal with it the best way you can, and that's what had to be done.
      ~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.~~

~~Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, WHO HAS SAVED US and called us with a holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began~~

Comment

Originally posted by 4Him View Post

Hey, stuff happens. You have to deal with it the best way you can, and that's what had to be done.
        True, but having to sign up three times over the past couple of days has made me a grumpy cat.

Comment

True, but having to sign up three times over the past couple of days has made me a grumpy cat.
          If you were a paying member, you could have a case.
          1Pet 1:18,19 ... redeemed with ... the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
            If you were a paying member, you could have a case.
            Thanks for letting me know, PG, I didn't even realise you could be a paying member.

Comment

Looks like there has been two roll-backs now. Is the situation resolved, or is there a possibility of another?

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, PG, I didn't even realise you could be a paying member.
                Hello Jonathan

Super Membership is a nominal fee for added perks. Those folks lost as well over the interval. You could back up you posts with one method or another.

Nic
                1Corinthians 1:30-31
                And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Comment

The board crash in November wiped out everything. So considering, you don’t have much to be grumpy about.
                  Theres a SuperMember perk for those that want it.

Last edited by 4Him; 05-21-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

All the time work and effort put into posts... "poof!!" gone. This has happened here in the past, it will happen here again. I recall that one time "reputation" points here was a big thing. Then "poof!!" you no longer had a reputation.

As a long time CARM member, I've "learned" to view these forums like building a sandcastle. These CARM forums have repeatedly taught me the life lesson that one should not cling to things of this world, because they will be taken away, sometimes in an instant. So, whether CARM intends it or not, by repeatedly dumping the boards, they're helping you understand the brevity of life. They're teaching you that what one writes here is not eternally meaningful. You and I aren't C.S. Lewis or G.K. Chesterton. Dumping the boards attacks the root of our inherent narcissism.

You can try and stall the inevitable by saving your posts.

"He that has ever so little examined the citations of writers cannot doubt how little credit the quotations deserve when the originals are wanting"

Comment

Originally posted by Tertiumquid View Post

All the time work and effort put into posts... "poof!!" gone. This has happened here in the past, it will happen here again. I recall that one time "reputation" points here was a big thing. Then "poof!!" you no longer had a reputation.

As a long time CARM member, I've "learned" to view these forums like building a sandcastle. These CARM forums have repeatedly taught me the life lesson that one should not cling to things of this world, because they will be taken away, sometimes in an instant. So, whether CARM intends it or not, by repeatedly dumping the boards, they're helping you understand the brevity of life. They're teaching you that what one writes here is not eternally meaningful. You and I aren't C.S. Lewis or G.K. Chesterton. Dumping the boards attacks the root of our inherent narcissism.

You can try and stall the inevitable by saving your posts.
                      Indeed. As Chesterton wrote, "The men signed with the cross of Christ go gaily in the dark"!

Comment

you're not alone Jonathan..... we all lost posts, and some have entire threads lost too....
                        It doesn't require your belief to be true. Arguing about it won't make what you want true.
                        Jesus said that he is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
                          Looks like there has been two roll-backs now. Is the situation resolved, or is there a possibility of another?
                          https://forums.carm.org/forum/main-f...on-all-posters

Comment

i downloaded the whole site using httrack an offline browser so i can read posts while the site is down and save copies of threads and posts.

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post
                              i downloaded the whole site using httrack an offline browser so i can read posts while the site is down and save copies of threads and posts.
                              Cool, thanks for the tip.
                              1Corinthians 1:30-31
                              And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Comment

Working...
                              X