faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faith

Grant me an unshakable faith and a desire to do only the will of the lord.

Originally posted by adamf663 View Post
    Grant me an unshakable faith and a desire to do only the will of the lord.
    According to Romans 10, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

So, I'd encourage you to keep reading the bible, and keep praying.... and do it daily.

Something else that comes to mind, in Romans 10, but sourced from Deuteronomy 30....
    5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “ ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”(that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

As Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 9:8--- And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

It doesn't require your belief to be true. Arguing about it won't make what you want true.
    Jesus said that he is the truth.

Comment

Working...
    X