Announcement

Collapse

MESSAGE TO ALL USERS

- You are responsible to know the rules. https://carm.org/forum-rules
- We are working/modifying super membership stuff (http://carm.org/super-members)
- 12/27/2019 As most of you are aware, the carm forums crashed a few weeks ago. These boards are their replacement. They are formatted the same as the old ones. All your previous posts and reputation points are gone since we are on a completely new server. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Matt Slick
Founder and President of CARM.org
See more
See less

All objections have been laid aside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

The whole? Or are there parts in particular where you have found error?
    Thye Word of Fsith and health and wealth teachers are all wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by YeshuaFan View Post

The Word of Faith and health and wealth teachers are all wrong....
      Guess that'll do it. Going back how far? Because I usually start with the four evangelists, and with Paul...Whom do you start with? You're only talking the recent guys, right? Not their source?

I'll just take your word for it...kind of like....I don't know: Name it and claim it? Is that how it goes? Once you've made the claim I don't need the proof?

Thanks for the help. In the end, it doesn't really matter. If you get your doctrine from someone other than Paul and the evangelists, you inevitably get your source's error mixed in. Hagin, like Luther and Calvin, is not a good source of doctrine...
      Last edited by tbeachhead; 01-14-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post

Hey beachie, how the heck are you and yours? Everything is great on my end. And I think, Wof has been laid asiden in the grave for a long time now. I know ted was starting new threads just about everyday but for what, I don't know. Anyway, I was just listening to "cope" to see what his latest prophecies were for 2020 at this site. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW20LfSpr1E The only problem is he did not make any prophecies as far as I could tell. But what he did say at about the 20 minute mark is that Jesus Christ was born again in the pit of hell. He even looks like the devil when he talks. That guy is in big trouble if he does not repent and renouce unbiblical and heretical teachings. Oh yea, Happy New Year!

IN HINN,
        james
        ...and as far as looking like the devil goes...I guess I'll have to take your word for it. My encounters with the devil have been very limited....not quite sure what he looks like. Not even as an angel of light. I'm still pretty much dealing with high school kids...y'know. Teenagers. They're cute sometimes...and not so much sometimes, but always more challenging than a good critic.

Comment

Nice to start off on the right foot, I guess...The truth is, I don't get a lot of my gospel from CNN...If you're referring to a news event, you might want to explain.

[/font]
          Guess that proves something...

Don't know what, but when you walk by sight...what you see is all you need. That's what you're pointing out, here, right?
          At least now you agree Word of Faith is false and anyone claiming to raise the dead is a liar and the truth is not in them.

What I have found with everyone in the word of faith movement is when something stupid and sacrilegious pops up, like the little girl Olive who was used for profit by fake prophets then all of a sudden not one word of faith follower knows anything about it. And they want to distance themselves from these events like Olive's "resurrection" as a result of WoF'ers coming in agreement with one of their Apostles.

But most of us are not that gullible. If we hear about it on Charismatic web sites so do you and all the rest of the word of faith crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi View Post

At least now you agree Word of Faith is false and anyone claiming to raise the dead is a liar and the truth is not in them.
            Don't put words in my mouth...The Doctrines of the Word of Faith are purely scriptural, and do not take into account the failure of your favorite pariahs. Sorry. The fact that you dare to make the absurd claim only speaks to your own incredulity. There are plenty of testimonies through the centuries of folks getting raised from the dead...very often criticized and railed on by unbelievers, who dismiss the possibility that the Bible speaks truth.

What I have found with everyone in the word of faith movement is when something stupid and sacrilegious pops up, like the little girl Olive who was used for profit by fake prophets then all of a sudden not one word of faith follower knows anything about it.
            Why would I? I wasn't there, and i don't read the websites that incite hatred and disdain and mockery. I don't get my gospel from today's news medias ever. If you're saying there were folks brave enough to pray publicly that a tragic young death be reversed, I admire their willingness! That puts them on a par with the apostles who, though lacking the faith to complete the healing, attempted to deliver the boy with seizures. Jesus rebuked them for their lack of faith...I actually wonder what he'd end up telling you.

Do you imagine in your fantasies that he would congratulate you for you unbelief? Seriously? What would he say concerning your attitude? How about your attempts to put down these enemies you've chosen to embarrass publicly? Do you believe he'd stand with you?

Since we don't have faith on the earth anymore, as Jesus seemed to foresee...this fantasy driven drivel you seem to be promoting is very disconcerting. Here's a news flash: I'm a proponent of the WoF paradigm. What the bible says is uncompromisingly true, despite the excuses based on their own traditions many seem to expound as doctrine.

And they want to distance themselves from these events like Olive's "resurrection" as a result of WoF'ers coming in agreement with one of their Apostles.

But most of us are not that gullible. If we hear about it on Charismatic web sites so do you and all the rest of the word of faith crowd.
            I'm not going to distance myself ever from those who make an attempt publicly. Had she been raised from the dead, you would still have found reason not to believe. Robby Dawkins failed to raise dozens from the dead until he did...and then he became the object of ridicule by the likes of you. That has not stopped him from praying for those who have died that they be raised from the dead, every chance he gets.

Want to convince me that he should stop trying? Go ahead. I'm with him. He doesn't do it for your sake, btw. Neither did Jesus ever raise the dead for your sake. Love moved, and death stood aside. That is still for today.

In fact...that is actually the gospel.
            Last edited by tbeachhead; 01-15-2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Don't put words in my mouth..
              Then don't say them.

.The Doctrines of the Word of Faith are purely scriptural,
              No they're not. Word of Faith is the most deadly doctrine to come down the pike since the Church of England was established.

and do not take into account the failure of your favorite pariahs. Sorry. The fact that you dare to make the absurd claim only speaks to your own incredulity. There are plenty of testimonies through the centuries of folks getting raised from the dead...very often criticized and railed on by unbelievers, who dismiss the possibility that the Bible speaks truth.
              No, there's not one since the time of the Apostles of a verifiable dead person raised. No not one. Testimonies from mentally ill and liars don't count. Eye witness accounts and real time observation such as Olive's case proves to the world the Charismatic movement with their new Apostles is false and deadly doctrines.

Why would I? I wasn't there, and i don't read the websites that incite hatred and disdain and mockery. I don't get my gospel from today's news medias ever. If you're saying there were folks brave enough to pray publicly that a tragic young death be reversed, I admire their willingness! That puts them on a par with the apostles who, though lacking the faith to complete the healing, attempted to deliver the boy with seizures. Jesus rebuked them for their lack of faith...I actually wonder what he'd end up telling you.
              I have ZERO faith in word of faith doctrines. The Apostles are gone and no one takes their place or can do what they did.

Do you imagine in your fantasies that he would congratulate you for you unbelief? Seriously? What would he say concerning your attitude? How about your attempts to put down these enemies you've chosen to embarrass publicly? Do you believe he'd stand with you?
              My unbelief in the Charismatic movement is no fantasy. I rebuke it! I detest it! It is from Satan! The Apostle Peter described this charismatic movement and these new "Apostles" precisely and how we should avoid them, rebuke them, and not associate at all with them.

Since we don't have faith on the earth anymore,
              That's false . "I don't care who you think "we" is, but I'm not part of that "we". I have Faith that came by the word of God.
              as Jesus seemed to foresee...this fantasy driven drivel you seem to be promoting is very disconcerting. Here's a news flash: I'm a proponent of the WoF paradigm. What the bible says is uncompromisingly true, despite the excuses based on their own traditions many seem to expound as doctrine.
              My disbelief in modern "Apostles" and the charismatic movement is no fantasy. I have ZERO faith in either. Olive proved to a lot of people that word of faith is from the devil himself. Millions of wof charlatans and the deceived "coming in agreement" proved once and for all to anyone checking into the false WoF movement it's false and is a lie.
              I'm not going to distance myself ever from those who make an attempt publicly.
              I want to get away from all of them as far as possible. I want the world to know Christianity is not that goofy and has no part in that fakery and mysticism and blasphemy.

Had she been raised from the dead, you would still have found reason not to believe. Robby Dawkins failed to raise dozens from the dead until he did...and then he became the object of ridicule by the likes of you. That has not stopped him from praying for those who have died that they be raised from the dead, every chance he gets.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I already KNEW she wouldn't be raised from the dead. Johnson himself is a false prophet and false apostle and an antichrist anyway. No, the dead cannot be raised by laying on of hands anymore. Their prayers are to Beelzebub and he can't raise the dead. The Apostles were given that ability and were told to go raise the dead. They did. That was done so other would believe and not for Olive's parents or Johnson's praise. Olive will be resurrected by Christ one day just like Johnson. The two will have different eternities. Olive is blessed to have gone before Beelzebub could influence her as he did her parents and Johnson.
              Want to convince me that he should stop trying? Go ahead. I'm with him. He doesn't do it for your sake, btw. Neither did Jesus ever raise the dead for your sake. Love moved, and death stood aside. That is still for today.

In fact...that is actually the gospel.
              i KNOW Charismatics won't stop "trying". The reject the scriptures and assume for themselves authority they don't have. They eve assume they have authority over angels.

But I rebuke all of them.

Comment

Then don't say them.
                You said: "At least now you agree Word of Faith is false and anyone claiming to raise the dead is a liar and the truth is not in them." I said, "Don't put words in my mouth."

Unless you can show me where I "agreed Word of Faith is false and anyone claiming to raise the dead is a liar..." you have actually produced a false presumption here. Robby Dawkins has adequate witness that he actually did raise the dead in one of his services...And I have enough friends working as missionaries in countries that are not plagued by your form of imposed and enforced systemic unbelief...who have seen far more astonishing miracles than mere resurrections.

No they're not. Word of Faith is the most deadly doctrine to come down the pike since the Church of England was established.
                Bizarre claim. Your understanding of history is strikingly bereft of ...um...any knowledge of history...

No, there's not one since the time of the Apostles of a verifiable dead person raised. No not one. Testimonies from mentally ill and liars don't count. Eye witness accounts and real time observation such as Olive's case proves to the world the Charismatic movement with their new Apostles is false and deadly doctrines.
                When "eye witness accounts" prove anything, you've stepped into a realm beneath Christianity. Your own claims are made up of whole cloth based on your applied unbelief, your lack of any experience at all...and your preumption that you are a "Christian" because you have not seen what you not believe in, and therefore it cannot exist. When Christianity is defined as a walk of unbelief as yours, we can leave off the gospel altogether, and presume that medicine is "god", because all good for the body comes from there exclusively.

I have ZERO faith in word of faith doctrines.
                That much is clear. In fact the list seems to be growing as to what you have zero faith in.
                The Apostles are gone and no one takes their place or can do what they did.
                Prove it with scripture. I'll show you where God has appointed apostles, prophets etal to perfect the saints in the work of the ministry....which is to raise up folks like Paul.

I suppose you suggest that these are not needed? Go where Christians are being beheaded for the gospel, and do an inventory of exactly what they need. Talk to apostles to places like Turkey, and check out what you have been missing in your blissful lack of experience.
                My unbelief in the Charismatic movement is no fantasy. I rebuke it! I detest it! It is from Satan! The Apostle Peter described this charismatic movement and these new "Apostles" precisely and how we should avoid them, rebuke them, and not associate at all with them.
                And you will have to answer for your words. I'm sorry to hear that you are so beset with such vehement bitterness....I suppose we have offended you in some way?

That's false . "I don't care who you think "we" is, but I'm not part of that "we". I have Faith that came by the word of God.
                Clearly that is not the case. Your own words argue against your claim.
                My disbelief in modern "Apostles" and the charismatic movement is no fantasy. I have ZERO faith in either. Olive proved to a lot of people that word of faith is from the devil himself. Millions of wof charlatans and the deceived "coming in agreement" proved once and for all to anyone checking into the false WoF movement it's false and is a lie.
                Again...failure proves nothing. No experience or testimony is a proof of the gospel...for or against. Unless you're claiming that your experience is inspired? Suddenly? Extra biblical revelation?

Most cessationists would not go that root.
                I want to get away from all of them as far as possible. I want the world to know Christianity is not that goofy and has no part in that fakery and mysticism and blasphemy.
                Originally posted by Peter

Had she been raised from the dead, you would still have found reason not to believe. Robby Dawkins failed to raise dozens from the dead until he did...and then he became the object of ridicule by the likes of you. That has not stopped him from praying for those who have died that they be raised from the dead, every chance he gets.
                Oh no, I already KNEW she wouldn't be raised from the dead. Johnson himself is a false prophet and false apostle and an antichrist anyway. No, the dead cannot be raised by laying on of hands anymore. Their prayers are to Beelzebub and he can't raise the dead. The Apostles were given that ability and were told to go raise the dead. They did. That was done so other would believe and not for Olive's parents or Johnson's praise. Olive will be resurrected by Christ one day just like Johnson. The two will have different eternities. Olive is blessed to have gone before Beelzebub could influence her as he did her parents and Johnson.

i KNOW Charismatics won't stop "trying". The reject the scriptures and assume for themselves authority they don't have. They eve assume they have authority over angels.

But I rebuke all of them.
                Weird how you despise the gospel...and try to use its power anyway. Your "power" is clearly not for today...We can thank God for that.
                Last edited by tbeachhead; 01-17-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

You said: "At least now you agree Word of Faith is false and anyone claiming to raise the dead is a liar and the truth is not in them." I said, "Don't put words in my mouth."

Unless you can show me where I "agreed Word of Faith is false and anyone claiming to raise the dead is a liar..." you have actually produced a false presumption here. Robby Dawkins has adequate witness that he actually did raise the dead in one of his services...And I have enough friends working as missionaries in countries that are not plagued by your form of imposed and enforced systemic unbelief...who have seen far more astonishing miracles than mere resurrections.

Bizarre claim. Your understanding of history is strikingly bereft of ...um...any knowledge of history...

When "eye witness accounts" prove anything, you've stepped into a realm beneath Christianity. Your own claims are made up of whole cloth based on your applied unbelief, your lack of any experience at all...and your preumption that you are a "Christian" because you have not seen what you not believe in, and therefore it cannot exist. When Christianity is defined as a walk of unbelief as yours, we can leave off the gospel altogether, and presume that medicine is "god", because all good for the body comes from there exclusively.

That much is clear. In fact the list seems to be growing as to what you have zero faith in.Prove it with scripture. I'll show you where God has appointed apostles, prophets etal to perfect the saints in the work of the ministry....which is to raise up folks like Paul.

I suppose you suggest that these are not needed? Go where Christians are being beheaded for the gospel, and do an inventory of exactly what they need. Talk to apostles to places like Turkey, and check out what you have been missing in your blissful lack of experience.
                  And you will have to answer for your words. I'm sorry to hear that you are so beset with such vehement bitterness....I suppose we have offended you in some way?
                  Again...failure proves nothing. No experience or testimony is a proof of the gospel...for or against. Unless you're claiming that your experience is inspired? Suddenly? Extra biblical revelation?

Weird how you despise the gospel...and try to use its power anyway. Your "power" is clearly not for today...We can thank God for that.
                  I'll respond to that nonsense later.

Comment

I'll respond to that nonsense later.
                    I appreciate your respectful reply, and wonder at the privilege your religion grants you...I do hope you see in my posts the respect and concern I mean to show. It would be great, btw, if you showed me how I said what you claimed I said. That would help us look at your own methodology, and perhaps raise up the accuracy of the claims being made.
                    Last edited by tbeachhead; 01-17-2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Yeah right, I don't believe that for a minute. But I don't blame any WoF followers for doing a face palm then saying " Oh no they deh-unt" It got so ridiculous even CNN covered it.

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]

Well, thankfully millions of unbelievers got to see Word of Faith Apostles, and Millions of Word of Faith followers, all praying and "coming in agreement" and chanting and singing together to raise a dead 2 year old girl and the good news is all they accomplished was Proof WoF is ridiculous and blasphemes Christ and His Gospel and is to be avoided like the plague.

Awful thing for all concerned.

When Nabeel Qureshi, author of Looking for Allah, Finding Jesus died from stomach cancer two years ago, it was easy to see how those with terrible illness can slide into WOF nonsense.

His wife Michelle said she didn't give hope until the dirt hit the top of his casket in the grave. This is the perversion of the prosperity/health/wealth.
                      “God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.” ― Martin Luther

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

Awful thing for all concerned.

When Nabeel Qureshi, author of Looking for Allah, Finding Jesus died from stomach cancer two years ago, it was easy to see how those with terrible illness can slide into WOF nonsense.

His wife Michelle said she didn't give hope until the dirt hit the top of his casket in the grave. This is the perversion of the prosperity/health/wealth.
                        Reminiscent of David and his first son of Bathsheba. Didn’t give up until the baby died, did he? I think his example of faith is far more sustainable than the current unbelief whose only biblical precedent is found in Nazareth.

Comment

Reminiscent of David and his first son of Bathsheba. Didn’t give up until the baby died, did he? I think his example of faith is far more sustainable than the current unbelief whose only biblical precedent is found in Nazareth.
                          It's not at all reminiscent of David. There was some serious sin involved. God answered and the baby died.

“God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.” ― Martin Luther

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

It's not at all reminiscent of David. There was some serious sin involved. God answered and the baby died.
                            Whose sin is not serious? And when does God not answer? And that's not the point. Some would actually scold David...not for his sin, but for his fasting and his prayers. I always think biblical examples of faith are far more convincing that the prayerless fatalism that is often taught as "faith".

Comment

Then don't respond in the affirmative. Defend your false doctrine and stop with the silly obfuscating.

Robby Dawkins is a Liar. So are your friends. The Bible is True, WoF doctrine is False and from the devil. No he or anyone else hasn't perform any miracles. What they have done is mislead and disappoint the weak in knowledge and driven many away from Christ altogether.

Don't really care, I have knowledge of the Bible which is what counts. You're scripturally lacking in a very bad way.

When "eye witness accounts" prove anything, you've stepped into a realm beneath Christianity.
                              No, I've stepped on WoFers toes and they don't like it. Jesus and the Apostles and first Christians performed miracles so others would believe. Charismatics and WoFers perform parlor tricks and Jo0hn said those miracles performed were done so the world would believe. WoFers do magic tricks so they can let down the sick and ailing and the poor and drive people away from Christ with their greedy foolishness.
                              Your own claims are made up of whole cloth based on your applied unbelief, your lack of any experience at all...
                              Don't forget it's also based on the Truth of the Bible which explain why I don't have faith in Charismatic and WoF charlatans and have never allowed them to give me an experience in their witchcraft, mysticism, astrology, and numerology.
                              and your preumption that you are a "Christian" because you have not seen what you not believe in, and therefore it cannot exist. When Christianity is defined as a walk of unbelief as yours, we can leave off the gospel altogether, and presume that medicine is "god", because all good for the body comes from there exclusively.
                              Nonsense. I;m a Christian because I believed and obeyed Christ and His word and NOT a bunch of John Hagee's and Jack Van Impes and mystics and magicians who lie and take advantage of the weak.
                              That much is clear. In fact the list seems to be growing as to what you have zero faith in.Prove it with scripture. I'll show you where God has appointed apostles, prophets etal to perfect the saints in the work of the ministry....which is to raise up folks like Paul.
                              Nope, you can't show scripture where ANYONE today is an Apostle or can do the work of the chosen Apostles. All you can do is take a few out of context verses and apply them to today, which is using the word deceitfully. No one has perform a miracle by the authority of Christ since the word was complete. Anyone who claims they can perform miracles by His authority are lying or are so deceived themselves they're beyond hope.
                              I suppose you suggest that these are not needed?
                              Miracles to prove the Gospel are not needed that's exactly right. The Church is not here for our amusement or our health, wealth, and prosperity. I have ALL Spiritual Blessing in Christ. Jesse Duplantis and his sheep have zero blessings and no hope unless they repent and turn to God.
                              Go where Christians are being beheaded for the gospel, and do an inventory of exactly what they need. Talk to apostles to places like Turkey, and check out what you have been missing in your blissful lack of experience.

Blah blah blah. I've been around the world. My bitterness is against those like the WoFers, Charismatics, Pentecostals, who are against Christ and are leading people away from Christ for selfish and foolish gain that perishes with their dead bodies.

Comment

Love the way cessationists think, and highlight their error in their own words. Thank you for this post.

Then don't respond in the affirmative. Defend your false doctrine and stop with the silly obfuscating.
                                Silly obfuscating? What are you talking about? You put words in my mouth I never said, accuse me of absurdity...and say I'm obfuscating? You have defined the term right here.

Robby Dawkins is a Liar. So are your friends. The Bible is True,
                                Weird how you juxtapose lies and false accusations against strangers you do not know, and still claim the Bible you disobey in your very words "True". If you believed the Bible, you'd never accuse the brethren of absurdity.

WoF doctrine is False and from the devil. No he or anyone else hasn't perform any miracles. What they have done is mislead and disappoint the weak in knowledge and driven many away from Christ altogether.
                                Do you have scripture for your bizarre opinions? Or are you claiming supernatural revelation and a prophetic anointing? Is this a supernatural word of knowledge that makes you know what everyone in the world can and cannot be doing at any given moment? Do you have a list of acts God is still permitted to do, and of prayers God is still permitted to answer...and which prayers your god will no longer answer?

Don't really care, I have knowledge of the Bible which is what counts. You're scripturally lacking in a very bad way.
                                If it's your "knowledge of the Bible" that you're putting on display here... Um....I would suggest the jury is still out on the extent thereof.

No, I've stepped on WoFers toes and they don't like it. Jesus and the Apostles and first Christians performed miracles so others would believe.
                                You cannot prove that claim either. It's as hollow as your claim that the miracles Jesus said we'd continue to do would cease. The fact is....They did perform the miracles, and people did believe...but not because of the miracles, but because the Word of God will be fulfilled. Jesus healed because healing was needed, not because there was a lame necessity to see magic in Jesus day. His compassion was made clear, and it fades not. He's as concerned for the sick today as He was then, and His compassion is upon those who believe. It really seems to pass over those who refuse to believe, and will send the sick to the doctor for fear that their reputation will be ruined if they prayed in faith first. So much easier to pretend "Your sins are forgiven..." than to say Jesus still cares enough to say "Rise, take up your bed, and walk."

Some cessationists even teach that Jesus would never say that today...because he doesn't need to...despite the soul who has never seen His compassion because all he's ever seen is the cessationist who teaches as gospel, "Only sickness and cancer are for today. No miracles. If you want a miracle, go to the doctors. Let modern medicine receive all the glory and honor."

Charismatics and WoFers perform parlor tricks and John said those miracles performed were done so the world would believe. WoFers do magic tricks so they can let down the sick and ailing and the poor and drive people away from Christ with their greedy foolishness.
                                Do you really think in spewing this nonsense you've done anything but put forth your own misunderstandings and prejudices? You haven't stepped on anything or anyone, and your opinions are welcome here. That's what the forums are about...to see where your error begins, and to address it as clearly as possible. You're safe and in a good place for your misgivings and misinformation.

Don't forget it's also based on the Truth of the Bible which explain why I don't have faith in Charismatic and WoF charlatans and have never allowed them to give me an experience in their witchcraft, mysticism, astrology, and numerology.
                                The Truth of the Bible says, "Believers will lay their hands on the sick and they will recover." The Truth of the Bible says, "Call for the elders of the church...and the prayers offered in faith will heal the sick." That's the gospel you won't believe, and which you teach others not to beleive...Simple as that.

Nonsense. I;m a Christian because I believed and obeyed Christ and His word and NOT a bunch of John Hagee's and Jack Van Impes and mystics and magicians who lie and take advantage of the weak.
                                I'm still looking for which part of the word you actually believe. You have an impressive laundry list of folks you despise. I don't see that list anywhere in scriptures. Is your god happy with your attitude toward flesh and blood, with whom you seem to be wrestling?

Nope, you can't show scripture where ANYONE today is an Apostle or can do the work of the chosen Apostles.
                                Of course I can...I can show you scripture where God has appointed apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers and evangelists...and it is He that sets them in the body not you...And I can show you what the purpose of each is, and that none has lost His original intent.

On the other hand, you can't show a single scripture where a single appointment, delegation or designation has been annulled, but by your own tradition. If you want any to be "not for today," then you have no proof that any is actually for today. If apostles are not for today, neither is there biblical reason to believe there are actually teachers or pastors or evangelists...God, in fact, is not for today...Only flaccid, human reasoning remains.

All you can do is take a few out of context verses and apply them to today, which is using the word deceitfully. No one has perform a miracle by the authority of Christ since the word was complete. Anyone who claims they can perform miracles by His authority are lying or are so deceived themselves they're beyond hope.
                                Anyone who is doing what he has been instructed by the Spirit to do does not need your approval. That much is very certain....and if the acts of God witnessed in Turkey and among Muslims on pain of beheading, and where your daintily beslippered feet have never trod, and most probably will never dare to tread, do not meet your approval, you might do well to keep silent about them. The book of Acts is still being written by those who have not lost their faith through your dogma and lifeless traditions.

Miracles to prove the Gospel are not needed that's exactly right.
                                Wasn't talking about miracles...but of the authority of God to appoint as He sees fit. On the other hand, miracles were never needed to prove the Gospel. Miracles were only needed when compassion was needed. The Truth needs no proof. It's true. If you don't believe Moses and the Prophets, why would you believe even if you were surrounded by miracles?

The Church is not here for our amusement or our health, wealth, and prosperity. I have ALL Spiritual Blessing in Christ. Jesse Duplantis and his sheep have zero blessings and no hope unless they repent and turn to God.

Blah blah blah. I've been around the world. My bitterness is against those like the WoFers, Charismatics, Pentecostals, who are against Christ and are leading people away from Christ for selfish and foolish gain that perishes with their dead bodies.
                                Love to know where you've been. I've been imprisoned in Morocco and threatened in Israel on the West Bank, and around. I've also watched God do what you've forbidden Him to do...to the point where it only makes you look silly to call me anything at all. You cannot know...and you never will until you make friends with some who have been more places and seen more of Him than you have.

And thanks for answering my "nonsense" so clearly. It's great to hear where you're coming from, and just what you're missing of the Word Himself...
                                Last edited by tbeachhead; 01-21-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X