Unreasonable belief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreasonable belief

Don't how Christians can believe that zombies came out of their Graves, walked around without a SINGLE eyewitness account or historical record???
    IF such an unrealistic, unbelievable thing were to happen it would be MAJOR news, People would have written all kinds of stories & news over such a history changing event.

Originally posted by Jeeper View Post
    Don't how Christians can believe that zombies came out of their Graves, walked around without a SINGLE eyewitness account or historical record???
    IF such an unrealistic, unbelievable thing were to happen it would be MAJOR news, People would have written all kinds of stories & news over such a history changing event.
    So much wrong with this....they weren't zombies. It was written, it's in the bible.

Next.....
    ~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.~~

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~~

~~Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, WHO HAS SAVED US and called us with a holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began~~

Comment

Of course there were eyewitness accounts. If you think not, prove Matthew made it up.
      “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
      ― G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Stiggywiggy View Post

Of course there were eyewitness accounts. If you think not, prove Matthew made it up.
        Do you not see the problem with that reasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Him View Post

So much wrong with this....they weren't zombies. It was written, it's in the bible.

Next.....
          Well it makes resurrection a bit of a banality doesn't it? Not something so special.

This would escape Josephus?

How?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

Do you not see the problem with that reasoning?
            No. Nor apparently do you.
            “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
            ― G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by OT VIII View Post

Well it makes resurrection a bit of a banality doesn't it?
              How so??

~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.~~

~~Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, WHO HAS SAVED US and called us with a holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began~~

Comment

Next.....
                Dead coming out of their graves and walking around IS the definition of zombies.
                Just saying it's in the bible is childish inability to defend.

Comment

Dead coming out of their graves and walking around IS the definition of zombies.
                  No, it’s not.
                  Just saying it's in the bible is childish inability to defend.
                  Just saying there’s no historical record when there is, is just childish inability to put forth a serious argument.

Comment

No providing an actual eye-witness account?

God gave man REASON, not religion (it's unreasonable to believe in zombies without actual eyewitness accounts)

Yet according to the father of the reformation (and reiterated my many Christian leaders since:
                    Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine word, treating with contempt all that emanates from god

Comment

No, it’s not.

Just saying there’s no historical record when there is, is just childish inability to put forth a serious argument.
                      You confuse belief with factual
                      WHO was the eyewitness of the zombies???
                      WHO wrote it down (the author of "Matthew" is ANONYMOUS

You show ZERO grasp of what primary & secondary source material is - educate yourself.

Comment

You confuse belief with factual
                        wrong. I believe the Bible is factual. You don’t. Prove it’s not.
                        WHO was the eyewitness of the zombies???
                        Their families.
                        WHO wrote it down (the author of "Matthew" is ANONYMOUS
                        God isn’t anonymous. The Bible is the word of GOD.

You show ZERO grasp of what primary & secondary source material is - educate yourself.
                        You seem to be the one that needs to educate yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stiggywiggy View Post

No.
                          Oh, my. That’s sad.

Comment

How so??
                            By definition. A miracle just happened in that Jesus was raised from the dead... supposedly a special dispensation. But bodily resurrection doesn't seem so special if the streets were filled with the contents of open graves.

How did this event miss Josephus, Tacitus, Pliny?

Comment

Originally posted by OT VIII View Post

By definition. A miracle just happened in that Jesus was raised from the dead... supposedly a special dispensation. But bodily resurrection doesn't seem so special if the streets were filled with the contents of open graves.

How did this event miss Josephus, Tacitus, Pliny?
                              They weren’t raised glorified as Christ was. They also didn’t raise themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X