• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Atheist Nightmare

Please familiarize yourself with this:

Thank you.
    Science can take a hike.

Very old news. It has been a joke since it was first posted. What do you wish to discuss about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tixano View Post
      Very old news. It has been a joke since it was first posted. What do you wish to discuss about it?
      The fact that God gifts us men and women who can hybridize these foods and make them fit for human consumption.

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
      Science can take a hike.

Comment

Originally posted by av1611vet View Post

The fact that God gifts us men and women who can hybridize these foods and make them fit for human consumption.

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
        Not a fact. Why couldn't your God just create bananas as they are now?
        Last edited by Tixano; 12-31-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Not a fact.
          Then how was the Tabernacle built?

Exodus 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,
          Science can take a hike.

Comment

The punchline of course is that today's yellow seedless banana (seen being fondled by Ray Comfort) is the result of several thousand years' of artificial selection and deliberate crossbreeding by humans. The original banana of 8-10 thousand years ago was a small green heavily seeded fruit similar to a plantain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim H View Post

The punchline of course is that today's yellow seedless banana (seen being fondled by Ray Comfort) is the result of several thousand years' of artificial selection and deliberate crossbreeding by humans. The original banana of 8-10 thousand years ago was a small green heavily seeded fruit similar to a plantain.
              Yes.

The video is in error.

The banana we eat today is a hybrid.

Who hybridized it though; and where do you think their intelligence came from?
              Science can take a hike.

Comment

Why couldn't your God just create bananas as they are now?
                Well, He could most certainly have done so.

I don't know why He didn't.

Science can take a hike.

Comment

Who hybridized it though;
                  The earliest evidence of deliberate hybridization is found in Papua New Guinea and dates to around 7000 years ago. It spread across equatorial regions from there.

and where do you think their intelligence came from?
                  It evolved. Like strength and speed, intelligence is an evolved heritable trait which improved reproductive fitness in many environments, especially among our hominid ancestors.

Comment

The earliest evidence of deliberate hybridization is found in Papua New Guinea and dates to around 7000 years ago. It spread across equatorial regions from there.

It evolved. Like strength and speed, intelligence is an evolved heritable trait which improved reproductive fitness in many environments, especially among our hominid ancestors.
                    Fin okaye wi' ye, fin I disagree?
                    Science can take a hike.

Comment

Well, He could most certainly have done so.

I don't know why He didn't.

How do we know that the modern Banana isn't anathema to God? I mean it's something phallic that we put in our mouths. Sinful!!

Comment

How do we know that the modern Banana isn't anathema to God?
                        So much for Post 2.

I thought you were serious about discussing it.

Is this indicative of academic exchanges?

It seems they will discuss it just so far, then resort to immature remarks when they can't go any further.
                        Science can take a hike.

Comment

I thought you were serious about discussing it.
                          "Ray Comfort" and "serious discussion" are mutually exclusive.

Comment

"Ray Comfort" and "serious discussion" are mutually exclusive.
                            Then discuss it with me.

I already said Ray was wrong.

But he inadvertantly made a point that goes over even Christians' heads.

Something I've been saying for over a decade now.

Viz., God gifts us knowledgeable people to make our lives better.
                            Science can take a hike.

Comment

Viz., God gifts us knowledgeable people to make our lives better.
                              I disagree. Intelligent knowledgeable people make our lives better through their own inspirations and hard work, often through trial-and-error. What I see is God gets undeserved credit for the good and is allowed to slide on the bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X