My Tripartite Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tripartite Challenge

According to the Bible, we are body, soul, and spirit.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In view of the fact that science can only account for the body, should we subordinate our beliefs to theirs until they report that they have discovered our soul and spirit?
    Science can take a hike.

According to the Bible, trees have hands and hills can sing:

Isaiah 55:12 "For you shall go out in joy and be led back in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall burst into song, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands,"

And you want us to put the literal interpretation of this text above science?

By all means read the Bible, but do not force the rest of us to accept your woodenly literal interpretation of it.
    The Ultimate Truth is that there is no ultimate truth.

Comment

Originally posted by rossum View Post
      According to the Bible, trees have hands and hills can sing:

Isaiah 55:12 "For you shall go out in joy and be led back in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall burst into song, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands,"

And you want us to put the literal interpretation of this text above science?

By all means read the Bible, but do not force the rest of us to accept your woodenly literal interpretation of it.
      Do you have an answer to my challenge?

Or do you want to use this thread to vent some personal side issue?

If so, please employ Netiquette and answer (or ignore) my challenge.

Thank you.
      Science can take a hike.

Comment

Originally posted by av1611vet View Post
        In view of the fact that science can only account for the body, should we subordinate our beliefs to theirs
        And if a hen and a half, lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long would it take a bow-legged cockroach to shingle a roof??

Comment

Do you have an answer to my challenge?
          Yes. I posted it. Your claim of the existence of soul and spirit is from the same source that claims the existence of hands on trees and singing hills.

When science finds those two things, it might have a chance of finding souls and spirits. You are mixing up a theological source with a scientific source. That is an error.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

And if a hen and a half, lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long would it take a bow-legged cockroach to shingle a roof??
            LOL ... that's about right.
            Science can take a hike.

Comment

Yes. I posted it.
              No, you didn't.

Originally posted by rossum
              Your claim of the existence of soul and spirit is from the same source that claims the existence of hands on trees and singing hills.
              So?

Just address the former please.

If I wanted to have trees and singing hills addressed, I'd start another challenge thread.

When science finds those two things, it might have a chance of finding souls and spirits.
              Uh ... okay ... whatever.

Let's pretend they aren't even looking for those other two.

Let's pretend they eventually find soul and spirit.

But until they do, should we subordinate our beliefs to theirs?

Do you understand the question?

You are mixing up a theological source with a scientific source. That is an error.
              Ay, chihuahua!.

You're the one injecting hills and trees into this conversation; then accusing me of mixing up sources.

Are you okay?

If I wanted to mix spirits with singing mountains, I'd start a TAOTAOMONA CHALLENGE thread.

Wow, rossum.
              Science can take a hike.

Comment

Let's pretend they aren't even looking for those other two.

Let's pretend they eventually find soul and spirit.
                Pretend? You want science to pretend? Should science pretend that it needs to investigate the boogeyman under your bed at night? How many millions do you have to pay for the research?

You are quoting a source that has some very obviously untrue statements in it. Why should science accept a source containing such obvious errors?

Comment

Pretend? You want science to pretend? Should science pretend that it needs to investigate the boogeyman under your bed at night? How many millions do you have to pay for the research?

You are quoting a source that has some very obviously untrue statements in it. Why should science accept a source containing such obvious errors?
                  Rossum, if you don't want to take my challenge, then don't.

But don't sit by the wayside and take potshots, thinking you're making Buddha happy.
                  Science can take a hike.

Comment

According to the bible, the Earth is a flat disk that rests on pillars, and the sky is a solid structure that supports a city

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
                    Led Zeppelin 7:9 Nope. Try again

In view of the fact that science can only account for the body, should we subordinate our beliefs to theirs until they report that they have discovered our soul and spirit?
                    Not at all.
                    You should put up the money to do the actual research, and discover this soul and spirit you claim exists.
                    Instead of buying a new private jet, matching his and hers mansions, and a TV studio... preachers should establish actual research facilities.
                    Hire some people who have scientific training.
                    Stop making bizzare claims. Start doing the work that scientists do. Study and learn.
                    Untill then, SHUT UP already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Laurier View Post
                      Led Zeppelin 7:9 Nope. Try again
                      Just wondering, Captain, what goes through your mind when you see a fellow unbeliever ask for a Scripture reference?
                      Science can take a hike.

Comment

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

What does this have to do with evolution?
                        "I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything" - Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok Death Cult View Post
                          What does this have to do with evolution?
                          You mean "evolution and intelligent design"?
                          Science can take a hike.

Comment

You mean "evolution and intelligent design"?
                            Yes. What does it have to do with the topic of this forum?
                            "I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything" - Han Solo

Comment

Just wondering, Captain, what goes through your mind when you see a fellow unbeliever ask for a Scripture reference?
                              Given that I've never seen it....
                              Meanwhile.... Billions of dollars wasted by preachers, on private jets, mansions, TV studios, and rentboys.
                              All that money that could have been used for scientific research to look for evidence of your spirit and soul.

Comment

Working...
                              X