What gives them them power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gives them them power?

Does anyone know their stste statutes that allow for governors to make decrees about people wearing masks, not working etc?

Is it based upon emergency laws, they have to declare an emergency then they can act like kings and make decrees on our freedoms and movements?

If so so I would always err on the side of avoiding declaring things emergencies unless it’s pretty extreme, and I do not think this qualifies.

Maybe a true 1% death rate I might be ok with it. So I get the strong reaction in the beginning, but now we know it’s not nearly as severe as first reported.

I am concerned about the slippery slope to declaring climate change an emergency, or for the right, it might be declaring illegal immigration an emergency.

Originally posted by simpletruther View Post
    Does anyone know their stste statutes that allow for governors to make decrees about people wearing masks, not working etc?

Is it based upon emergency laws, they have to declare an emergency then they can act like kings and make decrees on our freedoms and movements?

If so so I would always err on the side of avoiding declaring things emergencies unless it’s pretty extreme, and I do not think this qualifies.

Maybe a true 1% death rate I might be ok with it. So I get the strong reaction in the beginning, but now we know it’s not nearly as severe as first reported.

I am concerned about the slippery slope to declaring climate change an emergency, or for the right, it might be declaring illegal immigration an emergency.
    You had said...."avoiding declaring things emergencies unless it’s pretty extreme,"...back prior to the lockdown the virus was presented as an extreme emergency. Who knew better? Governors were just doing what the experts recommended. They said million were going to die in the USA. At the time the lockdown wasn't based upon actual science. This CARM thread ask the question about science and the lockdown.

This CARM thread shows mask don't work.

Did the (blue state) Governors get power hungry?
    Was the idea to stay in lockdown meant to lessen the odds of Trump getting elected due to a failed economy?
    Is the lockdown a global grab by the globalist...WHO, UN?

Comment

Didja Know that the popular ear loop masks have a warning label on the BOX?

WARNING: THIS MASK IS NOT A RESPIRATOR OR A SURGICAL MASK. It is NOT NIOSH approved and it may or may not meet fluid barrier or filtration efficiency levels. It is recommended for use only by the general public. It is NOT recommended for use in: (1) any surgical setting or where exposure to liquid, bodily or other hazardous fluids, may be expected; (2) a clinical setting where there is an infection risk through inhalation exposure; or (3) the presence of a high intensity heat source or flammable gas. This product does NOT eliminate the risk of contracting any disease, infection or virus.
      Optics.

Comment

I think in all instances an emergency must be declared otherwise some of these moron governors like the imbecile from michigan and the braid dead knothead from California would be doing stuff like this every week.

We also know leftists seize on the term "promote the general welfare" to justify foisting on us anything they think is good for us. The last think we need is the govt or leftists telling us whsts good for us. In my experience whenever someone tells me something is good for me it usually isn't and is better for them.

Comment

Michigan's Constitution states that the governor has to work with the legislature. That's the basis of the lawsuit filed by the legislature. The court has ruled in Gretchen's favor, based on a law that dates back to the '40s. A law that contradicts the Constitution?

A few weeks ago the legislature was working to amend the law to prevent too much power in the hands of one person. Gretchen vetoed it. Of course she would.....

Last edited by joyous song; 05-22-2020, 03:41 PM.
          "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society" Edward Bernays

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
            This CARM thread shows mask don't work.
            There are some in that thread that claim masks do no good. They are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeIn View Post
              Indeed. There was a recent news blurb about infection rates among heath workers being lower than the public, due to the use of effective PPE.

All of the available data shows that masks work. Focusing on videos that show them not making people completely immune to the virus are a dishonest attempt at virtue signaling.
              "Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible."
              ~ #RealDonaldTrump, 8-November-2013

Comment

Originally posted by LifeIn View Post
                Show me the science that says the mask helped...not opinion, but science. The Covid-19... Masks....Supermarkets. What's the real scoop? thread presented science. What link or video do you disagree with?

Comment

Originally posted by ObjectivelyMoral View Post

Indeed. There was a recent news blurb about infection rates among heath workers being lower than the public, due to the use of effective PPE.

All of the available data shows that masks work. Focusing on videos that show them not making people completely immune to the virus are a dishonest attempt at virtue signaling.
                  Present the news blurb....

Comment

Originally posted by joyous song View Post
                    The court has ruled in Gretchen's favor, based on a law that dates back to the '40s. A law that contradicts the Constitution?
                    Nope?

If an unconstitutional law had been on the books since the forties, it would have been struck down by now?
                    "Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible."
                    ~ #RealDonaldTrump, 8-November-2013

Comment

In order to get emergency powers laws passed in most states there are limitations. So I know about Illinois for example. The powers only extend for 30 days. But Governor Hungry Hippo has interpreted that to mean 30 days at a time. Of course that is blithering nonsense. If that is what the law meant, there would be no mention of a time limit what-so-ever. So what is effect of that limit as intended by the legislature? It gives the citizens time to consider whether the special accommodation to the governor is warranted. They would then petition the legislator to either change the law appropriately or let the state of emergency expire. That is called the consent of the governed, which is the principle of all American government. But of course Governor Hungry Hippo is paying no attention to that, because Michael Madigan, the lord of this realm, wants it to continue apparently. The people of Illinois exist at the beneficent pleasure of Lord Madigan.
                      Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

Comment

Nope?

If an unconstitutional law had been on the books since the forties, it would have been struck down by now?
                        Except that, AFAIK, it hasn't been challenged before.
                        "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society" Edward Bernays

Comment

Nope?

How long did the Dred Scott decision last? If it hadn't been circumvented by the emancipation proclamation, who knows how long that precedent would have stood. So I don't buy that argument.
                          Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
                            Show me the science that says the mask helped...not opinion, but science.
                            I can't show you anything as long as you keep your eyes closed.

Comment

Health care workers have professional perfect fitting masks, are trained to use them right, are getting paid to do so...........not exactly our situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X