Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the brilliant idea of a shut down come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did the brilliant idea of a shut down come from?

See timestamp 2:10:42 to 2:25:59.
    Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

Did you catch that? Timestamp 2:14:30, some policy wonk named Robert Blat with a back ground in computers and modeling, with no knowledge of epidemiology what-so-ever, he got it from his 14 year old daughters science paper. This nightmare we are living through, is the brain child of a 14 year old girl.

Comment

I just want to be sure I’m understanding you. Every country that’s been shut down in the past five months for COVID got their impetus from this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
        I just want to be sure I’m understanding you. Every country that’s been shut down in the past five months for COVID got their impetus from this guy?
        I don't know how to think like a Chinese Communist, so I'm not sure I can answer that directly. But this would be an excellent time to ask, how many of our contributors live in Red China? Could you all just check in on this thread and let us know if you are citizens of The Peoples Republic of China?

However that may be, the take away is that this is a circa 2006 George W. Bush virus pandemic version of shock and aw. He seemed to be in an apocalyptic mood at the time, and I find it interesting that in 2020 it's pulled off the shelf and given a test ride.
        Last edited by Thistle; 05-22-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thistle View Post
          Did you catch that? Timestamp 2:14:30, some policy wonk named Robert Blat with a back ground in computers and modeling, with no knowledge of epidemiology what-so-ever, he got it from his 14 year old daughters science paper. This nightmare we are living through, is the brain child of a 14 year old girl.
          It's amazing what you can learn when you don't get all your news from the MSM.

Comment

Actually 4 months....but for the most part I would imagine they played follow the leader.

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

It's amazing what you can learn when you don't get all your news from the MSM.
              Even when you are just killing the silence when you are shaving in the morning.

Comment

I don't know how to think like a Chinese Communist, so I'm not sure I can answer that directly. But this would be an excellent time to ask, how many of our contributors live in Red China? Could you all just check in on this thread and let us know if you are citizens of The Peoples Republic of China?

Why would they bother with this forum? Not much traffic here the last few years.

However that may be, the take away is that this is a circa 2006 George W. Bush virus pandemic version of shock and aw. He seemed to be in an apocalyptic mood at the time, and I find it interesting that in 2020 it's pulled off the shelf and given a test ride.
                Make you rethink his dictator "jokes"?
                "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society" Edward Bernays

Comment

They mentioned the movie Contagion. Never saw it so I just went and read some reviews. Interesting. ...
                  "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society" Edward Bernays

Comment

I was just asking if I understood your claim. Do you not understand your own claim enough to say what it is without thinking like a Chinese communist? How would thinking like a Chinese communist help me understand your claim?

Here’s my question, again, since you seem unable to explain what you mean without thinking like a Chinese communist: The dozens of countries that shut down for COVID....they ALL got their impetus from this guy? You can answer “I don’t know,” or “yes,” or “no,” but saying you can’t describe your own claim because you can’t think like a Chinese communist is too stilly to take seriously.

Comment

I 'spect it grew like Topsy. Fear feeding on fear until everything got paralyzed. I just had a good lunch at Denny's in Red Oak, TX. Few masks in sight, good food, and good service - just like in the "old days".

Comment

Originally posted by joyous song View Post

Why would they bother with this forum? Not much traffic here the last few years.

Make you rethink his dictator "jokes"?
                        . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by joyous song View Post

They mentioned the movie Contagion. Never saw it so I just went and read some reviews. Interesting. ...
                          I've assiduously avoided it so far. I may have to break down and watch it now.

Comment

I was just asking if I understood your claim. Do you not understand your own claim enough to say what it is without thinking like a Chinese communist? How would thinking like a Chinese communist help me understand your claim?
                            Since China cooked the thing up in the first place, they were the first to roll out a policy response. That means they are the first of the countries memorialized in your question [although not by name].

Here’s my question, again,
                            And it's so thoughtful of you to type it again.

since you seem unable to explain what you mean without thinking like a Chinese communist:
                            Actually, I did. It's right above.

The dozens of countries that shut down for COVID....they ALL got their impetus from this guy?
                            Again with the possible exception of China, yes, it looks like that seems to be the case.

You can answer “I don’t know,” or “yes,” or “no,”
                            Isn't that thoughtful? You made it a multiple choice. You think of everything, don't you?

but saying you can’t describe your own claim because you can’t think like a Chinese communist is too stilly to take seriously.
                            I'm just frankly recognizing that of all the countries in the world they are the least likely to take the lead from our policy discussions.

Comment

Again with the possible exception of China, yes, it looks like that seems to be the case.
                              Thanks for actually answering.

What is your reasoning for “that seems to be the case?”

Comment

Working...
                              X