Clear All

• About that Electoral College...

A visualization -

Click image for larger version

Name:	ElectoralCollege.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	312
    " But I, the LORD, make the following promise: I have made a covenant governing the coming of day and night. I have established the fixed laws governing heaven and earth. " ( Jeremiah 33:25, NET)

- The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end, it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we may make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand." - Heisenberg

Very enlightening.

Comment

Originally posted by inertia View Post
      A visualization -

Yep....our founding fathers knew what they were doing.
      ~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.~~

~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~~

~~Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, WHO HAS SAVED US and called us with a holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began~~

Comment

A visualization -

In other words the election of the POTUS is not democratic since only 538 people in the country are allowed to vote for him/her and who were free to vote for Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell or Mickey Mouse or themselves, and some of the 538 voters did.

Comment

A visualization -

CA and NY would elect every president

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post

That's called democracy if the 330 million people were actually allowed to vote for the POTUS instead of just 538 of the 330 million.

Comment

Originally posted by J regia View Post
              In other words the election of the POTUS is not democratic since only 538 people in the country are allowed to vote for him/her and who were free to vote for Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell or Mickey Mouse or themselves, and some of the 538 voters did.
              It's possible to abolish the 12th amendment that was ratified in 1804, but it is highly unlikely. The 23rd amendment provides an additional three electors to the District of Columbia. Furthermore, every decade the number of electors to each state change according to a census.

Historically:

" Less-populated states were understandably concerned they would be overshadowed by the larger ones, so they demanded protections within the Constitution. Giving every state, regardless of size, two senators was one of those protections. The Electoral College was another.

Both concessions were intended to protect the minority against what is sometimes referred to as the “tyranny of the majority,” the concern that in a pure democracy the majority can do whatever it wants, regardless of how badly it might harm the minority. "

- Reference: https://www.ipi.org/ipi_issues/detai...f-the-majority
              " But I, the LORD, make the following promise: I have made a covenant governing the coming of day and night. I have established the fixed laws governing heaven and earth. " ( Jeremiah 33:25, NET)

- The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end, it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we may make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand." - Heisenberg

Comment

That happens a lot at the state level. Mpls/St Paul for example elects for the whole state of Minnesota. Candidates can win 90% of the counties and lose the whole state to two or three counties.
                Inequality is therefore natural law. Nordau.

''Why is it that when it comes to the age of the earth, people reject the recorded history of the Bible in favor of "scientific" guesswork?

Comment

There are a few simple democracies left in the world, supposedly. One can always move if this representative republic is not up to your standards, It has worked well for the US for nearly 250 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Elijah View Post

There are a few simple democracies left in the world, supposedly. One can always move if this representative republic is not up to your standards, It has worked well for the US for nearly 250 years.
                    But how are the 538 people who are actually allowed to vote for the POTUS selected, and how many of the 330 million residents are allowed to select those 538 voters who are free to vote for whoever they please including Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell or a compulsive-lying whoremonger, or even themselves?

Why would I move even though voting is compulsory and one can even be gaoled for not voting.
                    Last edited by J regia; 12-28-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

But how are the 538 people who are actually allowed to vote for the POTUS selected, and how many of the 330 million residents are allowed to select those 538 voters who are free to vote for whoever they please including Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell or a compulsive-lying whoremonger, or even themselves?
                      This should help. https://usconstitution.net/constquick.html

Comment

Originally posted by Elijah View Post
                        But did you select any of those 538 actual voters, and if so, how do you know that they didn't vote for Colin Powell or Faith Spotted Eagle or some one else?
                        Last edited by J regia; 12-28-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

But did you select any of those 538 actual voters, and if so, how do you know that they didn't vote for Colin Powell or Faith Spotted Eagle or some one else?
                          Here you go.
                          https://www.archives.gov/electoral-college/about
                          https://www.archives.gov/electoral-college/allocation

Comment

That's called democracy if the 330 million people were actually allowed to vote for the POTUS instead of just 538 of the 330 million.
                            The US isn't a democracy Edit
                            Last edited by 4Him; 12-29-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

The US isn't a democracy edit
                              Apparently, he studied history and civics at the same school where Vibise earned her "PhD in biology".

* Edited to add that in another thread, he didn't know that the Ten Commandments did not exist until the time of Moses. So, clearly, he's ignorant on a multitude of subjects.
                              Last edited by 4Him; 12-29-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X