Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Democrats Nominate a Communist or a Billionaire?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will the Democrats Nominate a Communist or a Billionaire?

    Decisions, decisions . . .

    Carville fires back at Sanders for 'hack' slam: 'At least I'm not a communist'

    2 minutes


    Sanders returned fire on Wednesday night during an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, arguing that "political hack" Carville represents the establishment his campaign is running against.

    "James, in all due respect, is a political hack," Sanders said. "We are taking on Trump, the Republican establishment, Carville and the Democratic establishment. But at the end of the day, the grassroots movement that we are putting together — of young people, of working people, of people of color — want real change."

    Carville, who worked as a campaign strategist for former President Clinton, escalated the feud Thursday on Snapchat with former CNN reporter Peter Hamby.


    "Last night on CNN, Bernie Sanders called me a political hack,” Carville said. “That’s exactly who the f--- I am! I am a political hack! I am not an ideologue. I am not a purist. He thinks it’s a pejorative. I kind of like it! At least I’m not a communist.”











    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ot-a-communist
    Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

  • #2
    Originally posted by Thistle View Post
    Decisions, decisions . . .

    Carville fires back at Sanders for 'hack' slam: 'At least I'm not a communist'

    2 minutes


    Sanders returned fire on Wednesday night during an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, arguing that "political hack" Carville represents the establishment his campaign is running against.

    "James, in all due respect, is a political hack," Sanders said. "We are taking on Trump, the Republican establishment, Carville and the Democratic establishment. But at the end of the day, the grassroots movement that we are putting together — of young people, of working people, of people of color — want real change."

    Carville, who worked as a campaign strategist for former President Clinton, escalated the feud Thursday on Snapchat with former CNN reporter Peter Hamby.


    "Last night on CNN, Bernie Sanders called me a political hack,” Carville said. “That’s exactly who the f--- I am! I am a political hack! I am not an ideologue. I am not a purist. He thinks it’s a pejorative. I kind of like it! At least I’m not a communist.”











    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ot-a-communist
    Bernie isn't a communist.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Votingblue View Post

      Bernie isn't a communist.
      Then how did you know I was talking about Bernie?
      Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

      Comment


      • Votingblue
        Votingblue commented
        Editing a comment
        He was mentioned by name three times in your post, and he's not a billionaire.

      • Thistle
        Thistle commented
        Editing a comment
        That and he sounds like Vladimir Lenin when speaking?

      • Votingblue
        Votingblue commented
        Editing a comment
        Except he doesn't, unless you have a link in which he discusses the need for a dictatorship of the proletariat.

    • #4
      Originally posted by Thistle View Post

      Then how did you know I was talking about Bernie?
      Because your quotes are about Bernie.

      Bernie's not a communist. A socialist, maybe.

      Comment


      • Glenlogie
        Glenlogie commented
        Editing a comment
        Then Bernie should not be running in America

      • America
        America commented
        Editing a comment
        He's a citizen. He can run whether you think he should run or not. If you disagree - then you should not be a citizen.

      • Glenlogie
        Glenlogie commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh Bernie can run here, and he can be called for what he is, a commie wannabe

    • #5
      Originally posted by Votingblue View Post

      Bernie isn't a communist.
      He's a wanna be communist.
      ~~My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.~~

      ~~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~~

      ~~Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, WHO HAS SAVED US and called us with a holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began~~

      Comment


      • #6
        Originally posted by Votingblue View Post

        Bernie isn't a communist.
        Carville and the Democrat establishment disagree. I kinda like the rajun cajun, at least he is honest.

        Only Bernie's Bumpkins disagree.

        Bernie just comes up with another freebie and they swoon and forget the establishment is about to give them the shaft....the shaft is at the door....
        ​​​​​

        Comment


        • Votingblue
          Votingblue commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me know when Bernie says he wants to seize the means of production for the dictatorship of the proletariat. Then he'll be a communist. Every other rich capitalist democracy in the world has universal healthcare.

      • #7
        Originally posted by Elijah View Post
        Originally posted by Votingblue View Post
        Bernie isn't a communist.
        Carville and the Democrat establishment disagree.​​​​​
        Kindly cite a reference to the Democrat establishment calling Sanders a communist, or retract the obvious fib.

        Comment


        • #8
          Originally posted by America View Post

          Because your quotes are about Bernie.

          Bernie's not a communist. A socialist, maybe.
          Bernie says Bernie's a Socialist. Vladimir Lenin said, "a communist is just a socialist in a hurry." Bernie is in the biggest hurry of any Socialist I know.
          Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

          Comment


          • #9
            Originally posted by Thistle View Post

            Bernie says Bernie's a Socialist. Vladimir Lenin said, "a communist is just a socialist in a hurry." Bernie is in the biggest hurry of any Socialist I know.
            So - you're saying Bernie's a communist because you think Lenin would have said Sanders is hurrying

            That's some rock-solid logic right there!

            If we're allowed to authoritatively assign labels to others based on how we perceive them, I can't say as if I've met any Christians here. Lots of follower wannabes, though.
            Last edited by America; 02-14-2020, 05:43 PM.

            Comment


            • #10
              Originally posted by America View Post
              Kindly cite a reference to the Democrat establishment calling Sanders a communist, or retract the obvious fib.
              Kindly put me on ignore.

              Comment


              • #11
                Originally posted by America View Post
                Kindly cite a reference to the Democrat establishment calling Sanders a communist, or retract the obvious fib.
                The progression is fascinating. Democrats used to deny being Socialist.
                Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

                Comment


                • #12
                  Originally posted by Thistle View Post
                  Originally posted by America View Post
                  Kindly cite a reference to the Democrat establishment calling Sanders a communist, or retract the obvious fib.
                  The progression is fascinating. Democrats used to deny being Socialist.
                  That appears to be a textbook example of a non-sequitur.

                  Comment


                  • #13
                    Originally posted by America View Post

                    That appears to be a textbook example of a non-sequitur.
                    I'm making an observation not drawing a conclusion, so strictly speaking it can't be a non-sequitur.
                    Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

                    Comment


                    • #14
                      Originally posted by Thistle View Post

                      I'm making an observation
                      One which was completely unrelated to the text you quoted.

                      I mean, if your post was nothing more than typing your thoughts ala "free-association", without attempting to be a part of the discussion - then ok. It's true: Democrats used to deny being Socialist. They still do, though not as stridently as before.
                      Last edited by America; 02-14-2020, 06:11 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #15
                        Originally posted by America View Post

                        So - you're saying Bernie's a communist because you think Lenin would have said Sanders is hurrying
                        I know Bernie looks like he could have known Lenin, and I'm sure he would have love to have met him, had he been alive. But the observation respecting Bernie is mine.

                        That's some rock-solid logic right there!
                        The dots aren't mine. I just connected them.

                        If we're allowed to authoritatively assign labels to others based on how we perceive them,
                        Good news! Generally, the first amendment has got your back on that.

                        I can't say as if I've met any Christians here. Lots of follower wannabes, though.
                        What are you doing on judgment day? You might be able to pick up some hours.
                        Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X