Date Line breaking from CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Line breaking from CNN

Jussie Smollett Offered Job At CNN After Fabricating News Story Out Of Thin Air

2 minutes

ATLANTA, GA—While Empire actor Jussie Smollett has been having a tough week so far, there appears to be a silver lining: cable news channel CNN has offered Smollett a job as an investigative reporter and on-air anchor after witnessing his skills at fabricating a story entirely out of thin air.

CNN producers were reportedly impressed throughout the ongoing saga of Smollett's apparent hoax attack on himself. They realized early on the facts didn't add up but were fascinated with how well the actor kept the narrative going. An HR rep quickly reached out to Smollett to see if he'd be interested in taking on a position at the news organization after news broke that the entire thing was probably fabricated.

"Smollett has exactly the kind of skills we look for at our fine organization," said CNN correspondent Brian Stelter. "He picked a narrative, made up all the relevant facts and details, and stuck with his story in spite of glaring holes in the plot. It's hard to find people who understand our core values here at CNN, but Smollett seems to be just the guy for us."

The actor has accepted the offer and is now undergoing training to learn how to weave even more intricate narratives ex nihilo, according to insiders.

https://babylonbee.com/news/jussie-s...ut-of-thin-air
    Test all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

Biden offering a month free AOL for voting for him in a primary.

Comment

Originally posted by Thistle View Post
      [url]https://babylonbee.com
      If you were interested in propagating credible stories, this URL would never appear in your references.

Seriously. Babylonbee is satire.

Comment

Originally posted by nouveau View Post
        Biden offering a month free AOL for voting for him in a primary.
        I saw that. That was good too.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
          If you were interested in propagating credible stories, this URL would never appear in your references.

Seriously. Babylonbee is satire.
          I'm aware of that. You need to have a sense of humor installed.

Comment

I'm aware of that.
            Then your thread is an exercise in dishonesty. Grats.

Comment

Actually, I was giving people credit for intelligence. You honestly don't think people know what the Babylon Bee is? To be that arrogant you had to graduate from Brown, right? Or was it Columbia?

Comment

We notice you can't comment on Smollett's dishonesty which would help him thrive at CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by nouveau View Post

We notice you can't comment on Smollett's dishonesty which would help him thrive at CNN.
                  Which of course is what makes it funny.

Comment

I'm aware of that. You need to have a sense of humor installed.
                    Pretty sure this has already been pointed out to America on the old forums, in fact. Indeed, zero sense of humor amongst liberals these days.

Comment

Or just an entertaining thread that people with a sense of humor got a chuckle out of, whilst some libtards seem to still need to remove the stick from their.... well I'm sure you already know.

Comment

Actually, I was giving people credit for intelligence. You honestly don't think people know what the Babylon Bee is? To be that arrogant you had to graduate from Brown, right? Or was it Columbia?
                        Perhaps America is that dude that runs Snopes and is obsessed with 'factchecking' Babylon Bee satire.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland4815 View Post

Pretty sure this has already been pointed out to America on the old forums, in fact. Indeed, zero sense of humor amongst liberals these days.
                          I just find that completely puzzling. It reminds me of some disaster footage I saw a few years ago, which was being reported by some 20 something reporter freshly minted from the Columbia School of Broadcasting. She was amazed that the people in the disaster figured out they could use their telephones to emit light in the power outage. It was like she thought she was an entomologist explaining a colony of ants. Clearly, she had been told for four years she was a genius, and the rest of the country were blithering idiots. At a certain age kids will believe that; and apparently if they don't make it out of that bubble, they will continue to believe it as adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland4815 View Post

Perhaps America is that dude that runs Snopes and is obsessed with 'factchecking' Babylon Bee satire.
                            I had forgotten about that. Perfect example of someone who never made it out of the bubble and into the real world.

Comment

I had forgotten about that. Perfect example of someone who never made it out of the bubble and into the real world.
                              Indeed, sad but true.

Comment

Working...
                              X