Announcement

Collapse

MESSAGE TO ALL USERS

- You are responsible to know the rules. https://carm.org/forum-rules
- We are working/modifying super membership stuff (http://carm.org/super-members)
- 12/27/2019 As most of you are aware, the carm forums crashed a few weeks ago. These boards are their replacement. They are formatted the same as the old ones. All your previous posts and reputation points are gone since we are on a completely new server. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Matt Slick
Founder and President of CARM.org
See more
See less

True or False?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True or False?

If you want to lose the Free Will Argument REAL fast; ask your Wife if your body is your own?

Sorry TomL; I put another Iron in the Fire without thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by bruisermiller View Post
      If you want to lose the Free Will Argument REAL fast; ask your Wife if your body is your own?
      ROFLOL. Yeah I've had the same one for 55 years and she still reminds me who is in charge of it .

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Mac View Post

ROFLOL. Yeah I've had the same one for 55 years and she still reminds me who is in charge of it .
        Lol; looks like it will be a short Thread...

Comment

Sorry TomL; I put another Iron in the Fire without thinking...
          No problem have fun

P.S.

Turnabout is fair play. Respond

1 Corinthians 7:4 (KJV)
          4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post

No problem have fun

P.S.

Turnabout is fair play. Respond

1 Corinthians 7:4 (KJV)
            4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
            Yeah, this is a half serious Thread and meant to be humorous. I'm sure it will get serious though...

Comment

Yeah, this is a half serious Thread and meant to be humorous. I'm sure it will get serious though...
              If when one should ever use that scripture verse upon ones wife make sure she does not have a frying pan in her hand.

Discretion they say is the better part of valor

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post

If when one should ever use that scripture verse upon ones wife make sure she does not have a frying pan in her hand.

Discretion they say is the better part of valor
                That's right. But the power of that verse against Contra Causal Libertarian Free Will is why I started the Thread. Yes, it is humorous but I like to use arguments which are foolproof. No one should say there Will is 100% free...

Comment

Lol; looks like it will be a short Thread...
                  LOL This is a funny thread Bruiser.

Comment

That's right. But the power of that verse against Contra Causal Libertarian Free Will is why I started the Thread. Yes, it is humorous but I like to use arguments which are foolproof. No one should say there Will is 100% free...
                    Funny thing when we look at a child, as son or daughter where a child is servant to all but he owns everything of his father..

Galatians 4:1
                    Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child differeth nothing from a servant though he be lord of all.

I think my wife has omitted the fact that I am a child of God and just the servant … LOL.
                    Last edited by Gary Mac; 01-14-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Yes it probably will but actually for me it is refreshing to look at the lite side of folk where
                      humor can be incorporated into scripture. And face to face contact is a lot different from letter to letter. I figure you are a pretty funny kind of person. And it is to bad that religious beliefs take away that personal friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Mac View Post

Yes it probably will but actually for me it is refreshing to look at the lite side of folk where
                        humor can be incorporated into scripture. And face to face contact is a lot different from letter to letter. I figure you are a pretty funny kind of person. And it is to bad that religious beliefs take away that personal friendship.
                        When I thought of this, 'My big fat Greek Wedding' came to Mind. The daughter wanted something but the father said no, so the daughter started to cry. The mama told the daughter that the husband is the head of the family, but the wife is the neck and can turn the head whichever way she wants to. So shortly the daughter ended up getting her way...
                        Last edited by bruisermiller; 01-14-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

The Moral of the Story is that NO ONE should claim Contra Causal Libertarian Free Will is true AT ALL...

Comment

They 100% freely submit to another's will.
                            1Pet 1:18,19 ... redeemed with ... the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
                              They 100% freely submit to another's will.
                              That was what i was thinking as well. It is a demonstration of free will to submit.

Comment

Working...
                              X