Announcement

Collapse

MESSAGE TO ALL USERS

- You are responsible to know the rules. https://carm.org/forum-rules
- We are working/modifying super membership stuff (http://carm.org/super-members)
- 12/27/2019 As most of you are aware, the carm forums crashed a few weeks ago. These boards are their replacement. They are formatted the same as the old ones. All your previous posts and reputation points are gone since we are on a completely new server. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Matt Slick
Founder and President of CARM.org
See more
See less

A question for Jews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for Jews

Jews, you can see many Christians are very ignorant about what Jews are. Why do you Jews not correct them? (John 8:44 provides the answer, but I'll let you speak for yourselves.)

Originally posted by Ruk View Post
    Jews, you can see many Christians are very ignorant about what Jews are. Why do you Jews not correct them? (John 8:44 provides the answer, but I'll let you speak for yourselves.)
    And by the same token, Jews tend to be totally ignorant about Christianity. But since Christianity has a SAVIOR, and the Jews don't accept Him, they're just a group of spiritually LOST People.

Comment

Which is why Moses & Noah & Abraham & David etc never went to heaven (John 3:13).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

And by the same token, Jews tend to be totally ignorant about Christianity. But since Christianity has a SAVIOR, and the Jews don't accept Him, they're just a group of spiritually LOST People.
        My post isn't about the illegitimacy of rejecting Christ, but about why they watch silently Dispensationalists say the most ignorant things about Jews.

Comment

Why did you ask a question to all Jewish people (who there may not be many of on this christian forum) with the answer you accept to be the truth in the question? There are surely better places and ways to have an open dialogue with followers of Judaism.

*edit* Nevermind haha, I just read many of your other replies. Have a good day you strange, strange person.
          Last edited by lindztxt; 01-15-2020, 01:28 AM. Reason: This guy is either posting things to make people mad (slandering all Jewish people/comparing them all to pedos?) or is severely misguided.
          Number of shiny rocks currently in my possession: 23.5

Comment

Originally posted by lindztxt View Post
            Why did you ask a question to all Jewish people (who there may not be many of on this christian forum) with the answer you accept to be the truth in the question? There are surely better places and ways to have an open dialogue with followers of Judaism.
            Occasionally there are Jews, and ex-Jews, passing through. Until then, it's an opportunity to point out the willful ignorance of Dispensationalists. Of course, others could answer for the Jews, but it wouldn't be flattering for you or the Jews.

*edit* Nevermind haha, I just read many of your other replies. Have a good day you strange, strange person.
            Your posts are just barking for you hissing master.
            Last edited by Ruk; 01-15-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

All Jews act the same? That's pretty bigoted.

If you spent some time in here, you would find that as Christians post misunderstandings, some of us correct them. It's largely a responsive, as the need arises kind of thing. We aren't going to be able to fix all the Christians in the world. And anyways, what we say doesn't change any minds -- its more for the benefit of lurkers.

You also need to understand that Jews are not here at your beck and call to fight your Christian battle against dispensationalism. That is for your camp to work out among yourselves.
              Last edited by Open Heart; 01-15-2020, 06:18 AM.
              When all is said and done, one thing remains: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole of man.
              Ecclesiastes 12:13

Comment

Originally posted by Open Heart View Post

All Jews act the same? That's pretty bigoted.
                If you're not a "bigot" you're not saved, or do you not know what the word means? Speaking of ignorant, where did I say all Jews act the same? Okay, the do all act pretty much the same on a number of issues. They all laugh at the ignorance of Dispensationalists and their "gentile"groupies. When was the last time a Jew tried to educate you on Judaism? When was the last time one tried to convert you? Never, never? Even if all Jews don't act the same, then what I've said is directed to only whom it applies.

If you spent some time in here, you would find that as Christians post misunderstandings, some of us correct them. It's largely a responsive, as the need arises kind of thing. We aren't going to be able to fix all the Christians in the world. And anyways, what we say doesn't change any minds -- its more for the benefit of lurkers.
                I can correct you all day long. The trouble is Dispensatiionalists don't care bout the truth. You don't listen to Christians, but would you listen to a Jew?

You also need to understand that Jews are not here at your beck and call to fight your Christian battle against dispensationalism. That is for your camp to work out among yourselves.
                I ask a single, simple question and you think how dare I ask anything of your little gods. Your gods are Antichrist.

Comment

My post isn't about the illegitimacy of rejecting Christ, but about why they watch silently Dispensationalists say the most ignorant things about Jews.
                  So nothing important, then.

Comment

I think Jews do try to correct them, when they are in direct contact, but outside a few places like New York, they aren't in direct contact. Christians who know an actual Jew know the Jews reject the written Torah (especially its sexual morality) and don't believe the prophets, and go by the Talmud. Christians who don't know an actual Jew think the Jews are like Moses.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianOne View Post

I think Jews do try to correct them, when they are in direct contact, but outside a few places like New York, they aren't in direct contact. Christians who know an actual Jew know the Jews reject the written Torah (especially its sexual morality) and don't believe the prophets, and go by the Talmud. Christians who don't know an actual Jew think the Jews are like Moses.
                      Huh. I've never met a Jew who rejects the Torah but accepts the Talmud. That's a new one.

Comment

I ask a single, simple question and you think how dare I ask anything of your little gods. Your gods are Antichrist.
                        I know you're banned, but as your OP is about Jews correcting Christians, I'll correct you: We have one God. You on the other hand, may possibly have a few of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Harel13 View Post

Huh. I've never met a Jew who rejects the Torah but accepts the Talmud. That's a new one.
                          Then you obviously don't hold any in depth conversations with them on religion. You are probably confused by the fact that they say Torah a lot, and think by Torah they mean the Torah. But by Torah they don't mean the Penteteuch, i.e. what they call the Chumash or Humash. By Torah they mean the Talmud and works derived from it like the Shulhan Arukh or Maimonides' Mishneh Torah which are "codifications of Jewish law."

Comment

Then you obviously don't hold any in depth conversations with them on religion. You are probably confused by the fact that they say Torah a lot, and think by Torah they mean the Torah. But by Torah they don't mean the Penteteuch, i.e. what they call the Chumash or Humash. By Torah they mean the Talmud and works derived from it like the Shulhan Arukh or Maimonides' Mishneh Torah which are "codifications of Jewish law."
                            By Torah we mean either the Pentateuch, or collectively all our sacred books. Usually we mean the former, the five books of Law. The Chumash is simply the Torah divided into the Torah portions (readings) along with the commentaries and translations for those readings.
                            When all is said and done, one thing remains: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole of man.

Comment

Limiting my answer to non-heretical religious Jews, there is no such thing as accepting the Talmud yet rejecting the Torah and the prophets. I'm not sure where you get this idea from, or what sort of Jews you have had contact with. Certainly not Jews of the typical denominations.

Comment

Working...
                              X