Book of Mormon has wrong Christmas Story

A comprehensive comparison of plagiarisms in the Book of Mormon…

I don’t think it covers the parts of George Washington’s speeches that were lifted by Joseph Smith.

"if he was trying to deceive people, why did he "plagiarize" from the one book—the Bible—which his readership was sure to recognize? The Book of Mormon itself declares that it came forth in part to support the Bible (2 Nephi 29)."

Yea right and you didn't ever bother to see the evidence of how he could not have plagiarized...

Again a epic failure dude. Exactly not to bright.

8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my bwords according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my dwork is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
2 Nephi 29
And yet he did. Get a copy of the KJV from that time frame and compare the verses, word-by-word, verse by verse.

"if he was trying to deceive people, why did he "plagiarize" from the one book—the Bible—which his readership was sure to recognize? The Book of Mormon itself declares that it came forth in part to support the Bible (2 Nephi 29)."

Yea right and you didn't ever bother to see the evidence of how he could not have plagiarized...

Again a epic failure dude. Exactly not to bright.

8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my bwords according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my dwork is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
2 Nephi 29
Ralph, I have included to link for you to peruse.

The bottom line is that in the KJV, there are ITALICIZED words in the Bible that were ADDED by tghe translators to make sense of the text. They were not original. Amazingly enough, Joseph Smith included those same ITALICIZED words in his BOM where he plagairized the KJV. He also included them in his alleged Inspired translation.

Smith was a fraud.

Bible vs. Book of Mormon: Joseph Smith Plagiarized the King James Bible in the Book of Mormon | Berean Perspective Apologetics & Evangelism Ministry (rootedinchrist.org)

Joseph Smith’s Alleged Ignorance of the Bible – Mormonism Research Ministry (mrm.org)

One link is an hour interview between a Christian and three LDS missionaries. The second is a short read.

Ralph, I have included to link for you to peruse.

The bottom line is that in the KJV, there are ITALICIZED words in the Bible that were ADDED by tghe translators to make sense of the text. They were not original. Amazingly enough, Joseph Smith included those same ITALICIZED words in his BOM where he plagairized the KJV. He also included them in his alleged Inspired translation.

Smith was a fraud.

Bible vs. Book of Mormon: Joseph Smith Plagiarized the King James Bible in the Book of Mormon | Berean Perspective Apologetics & Evangelism Ministry (rootedinchrist.org)

Joseph Smith’s Alleged Ignorance of the Bible – Mormonism Research Ministry (mrm.org)

One link is an hour interview between a Christian and three LDS missionaries. The second is a short read.
I read the second link. What a lot of word salad to try to justify Smith including italicized words in the parts of the Bible that he lifted and included in the BoM. The KJV was published in 1611. How then could the supposed writers of the BoM have included these italicized words from the KJV, hundreds of years before it was published?

Smith may not have owned a Bible--there is no way of knowing that--but he certainly had access to one!

Uh oh....
Bible made a mistake... chuckle.

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
Nice diversionary tactic, Richard, to try to divert from the "3 days of darkness" mistake that Smith made. Won't work. The "world" here would refer to the part of the world controlled by the Roman Empire.

Now, deal with the 3 days of darkness mistake Smith made.

A comprehensive comparison of plagiarisms in the Book of Mormon…

I don’t think it covers the parts of George Washington’s speeches that were lifted by Joseph Smith.
Or the basic plot/story line taken from Ethan Smith's (no relation to joseph) View of the Hebrews, which includes many of the same quotes from Isaiah that Ethan used. Ethan Smith also believed and supported the view in his book that the indigenous populations in the western hemisphere were related to the Hebrews. Both present a version of the lost tribes fallacy. Ethan's book was written and published first and there was a connection between Pastor Smith and oliver cowery's family.

Or the basic plot/story line taken from Ethan Smith's (no relation to joseph) View of the Hebrews, which includes many of the same quotes from Isaiah that Ethan used. Ethan Smith also believed and supported the view in his book that the indigenous populations in the western hemisphere were related to the Hebrews. Both present a version of the lost tribes fallacy. Ethan's book was written and published first and there was a connection between Pastor Smith and oliver cowery's family.
Yes. Too much to be a coincidence. And enough to show it was copied.

It tells you on the charts.

There are George Washington quotes compared here, plus others…

Joseph Smith was an admirer of Washington and studied the Revolution.
Is this really a pro-mormon site? If it is then the presentation reveals that joseph plagiarize George in numerous places in the mormon book of myths. It would appear that the Scranton kid doesn't have anything over old nauvoo joe regarding the copious amount of plagiarisms and lies that they both spewed.

Is this really a pro-mormon site? If it is then the presentation reveals that joseph plagiarize George in numerous places in the mormon book of myths. It would appear that the Scranton kid doesn't have anything over old nauvoo joe regarding the copious amount of plagiarisms and lies that they both spewed.
I wondered the same thing. Almost like they were bragging about it.

But not Oliver Cowdery himself. Oliver Cowdery was some seventeen years of age at that time--some 40 years in difference from Ethan Smith. If Oliver Cowdery did have any contact with Ethan Smith--it would have been in passing.

Nor is there any concrete evidence Oliver Cowdery knew about, or ever read the "View of the Hebrews"--prior to the coming forth of the Book of Mormon. There has also not been one iota of evidence to support Joseph Smith came into contact with, or read the --"View of the Hebrews"--- prior to the publishment of the Book of Mormon, although that evidence has been sought ---for over a century.

What else ya got?

Bad attempt at a dodge, no? The subject involved joseph's multiple examples of plagiarism, especially in reference to Ethan's book. This is not centered on cowdery, because he later had personal issues with joseph and didn't return until joseph was out of the way. Ethan Smith was pastor to members of oliver's family, IOW, Ethan's congregation was close to where joseph had resided, and oliver would have had knowledge of him.. If you have ever read completely Ethan's View, then you would have to have been blind not to have not seen the similarities between Ethan's book and joseph's book of myths. If you want to deny the similarities, then perhaps you are blind to this issue.

I wondered the same thing. Almost like they were bragging about it.
Sometimes mormons make some of the strangest claims; some of which contradict the very points that they are attempting to make. One example is the tactic of reposting (spamming the board) with the same scriptures ad nauseam with the same faulty interpretations. It's a Goebbels type of tactic that only displays their ignorance of the scriptures, including those found in their own book of myths.

Sometimes mormons make some of the strangest claims; some of which contradict the very points that they are attempting to make. One example is the tactic of reposting (spamming the board) with the same scriptures ad nauseam with the same faulty interpretations. It's a Goebbels type of tactic that only displays their ignorance of the scriptures, including those found in their own book of myths.
Personally, I think that’s a mental illness that shouldn’t be enabled. It doesn’t matter how anyone responds to it, it continues in exactly the same way. Obsessive, and almost robotic.

Personally, I think that’s a mental illness that shouldn’t be enabled. It doesn’t matter how anyone responds to it, it continues in exactly the same way. Obsessive, and almost robotic.
Its also similar to the proverbial soap opera. Go away for a few months and when you return, they are still on the same page of the script.

Bad attempt at a dodge, no? The subject involved joseph's multiple examples of plagiarism, especially in reference to Ethan's book. This is not centered on cowdery, because he later had personal issues with joseph and didn't return until joseph was out of the way. Ethan Smith was pastor to members of oliver's family, IOW, Ethan's congregation was close to where joseph had resided, and oliver would have had knowledge of him.. If you have ever read completely Ethan's View, then you would have to have been blind not to have not seen the similarities between Ethan's book and joseph's book of myths. If you want to deny the similarities, then perhaps you are blind to this issue.
Have you read Ethan's book?

But not Oliver Cowdery himself. Oliver Cowdery was some seventeen years of age at that time--some 40 years in difference from Ethan Smith. If Oliver Cowdery did have any contact with Ethan Smith--it would have been in passing.

Nor is there any concrete evidence Oliver Cowdery knew about, or ever read the "View of the Hebrews"--prior to the coming forth of the Book of Mormon. There has also not been one iota of evidence to support Joseph Smith came into contact with, or read the --"View of the Hebrews"--- prior to the publishment of the Book of Mormon, although that evidence has been sought ---for over a century.

What else ya got?

Not Jersuslem​

Luke 2:​

The Birth of Jesus​

2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David.

Not Jersuslem​

Luke 2:​

The Birth of Jesus​

2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David.
God's word is most specific. Smith's "word" is NOT. Smith got Jesus' birthplace wrong. How could the Mormon god have inspired Smith to write that, when he was "translating" the BoM while looking at a rock in his hat? Must have been having a bad day and just "forgot." :rolleyes:

Nice diversionary tactic, Richard, to try to divert from the "3 days of darkness" mistake that Smith made. Won't work. The "world" here would refer to the part of the world controlled by the Roman Empire.

Now, deal with the 3 days of darkness mistake Smith made.
Chuckle, don't need to deal with it for the same reason you gave above.... "The "world" here would refer to the part of the world controlled by the Roman Empire." same phrase you used, can be added as the world that was known to them... nice try.

Back