Does the Incarnation make classical theism incoherent?

eve, that is so funny, you watch to many star war movies.

The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you. Luke 17:20-21. You just never have met Him is why a martian has landed on earth and named it eden.
actually it’s not star wars

actually it’s not star wars
Not if the kingdom of God is within you as Jesus stated Gods kingdom is in Luke 17. However you seem to think He came from outer space by what you said. Here is your quote.

"the ark set off from the land in the other world
where eden is
and ended up here on this earth….
a foreign land"

Not if the kingdom of God is within you as Jesus stated Gods kingdom is in Luke 17. However you seem to think He came from outer space by what you said. Here is your quote.

"the ark set off from the land in the other world
where eden is
and ended up here on this earth….
a foreign land"
it’s you in outer space..

@e v e 21
However you seem to think He came from outer space by what you said.
Christ Our Cornerstone
Through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone; Eph 2

it’s you in outer space..
Na I am of Christ, I am that person of Christ that God puts in man by His Spirit. See Matt 3:16 this is how He does it in man.

he did it in Adam who became like Him, He did it in Abraham who became like Him, He did it in Moses who became like Him, Jesus, 120, and all today who has received from god what all of these did from Him.

The physical has noting at all to do with God other than man is the temple of Him. He is the head of my body and my head controls this body. He is my godhead bodily, my head, my mind.

You cant relate to that what happened in all of these can you? You think God is somewhere out there in the cosmos in a far far away land called Eden. The Star Wars effect.

Christ Our Cornerstone
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone; Eph 2
Not for you for you accuse the ways of Christ as gnostic and a gnostic lier.

JonHawk said:
Christ Our Cornerstone
Not for you for you accuse the ways of Christ as gnostic and a gnostic lier.
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col 1:12-15
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4:3-4

It seems to me that the Incarnation makes classical theism incoherent in this way: since the Son of God became flesh, in time, lived among us, and experienced change, all without having His perfection or His divinity diminished, that classical theism is highly problematic. One of the key features of classical theism is that that which is perfect cannot change, and since God is necessarily perfect, He must be timeless and immutable.

What say you?
absolutely

John 1:1-14 And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth.

A change in God is not compatible with classical theism.

https://reknew.org/2021/10/what-does-a-perfect-god-look-like/
https://reknew.org/2017/04/classical-theisms-unnecessary-paradoxes/
https://reknew.org/2017/04/challenging-assumptions-classical-theism/
https://reknew.org/2007/12/do-you-believe-god-is-pure-actuality/

One quote from the 4th article on pure actuality,
“The basis of the classical view of God as pure actuality (actus purus) is the Aristotelian notion that potentiality is always potential for change and that something changes only because is lacks something else. So, a perfect being who lacks nothing must be devoid of potentiality, which means it must be pure actuality.

I think this perspective is misguided on a number of accounts.

First, if all our thinking about God is to be centered on Jesus Christ, the definitive revelation of God (Heb. 1:1-3), I don’t see how we could ever come to the conclusion that God is devoid of potentiality. In Christ, God became something he wasn’t previously – namely, a human being. This entails that God had the potential to become a human being. And this alone is enough to dismiss the “God as pure actuality” idea.

I would argue this insight is confirmed with every verb ascribed to God in the Bible. Whenever God acts in time, it implies that God first had the potential to do what he did and then he did it. Aristotle’s actus purus deity can engage in no such activities…”

Last edited:
@squirrelyguy absolutely
John 1:1-14 And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth.
“The basis of the classical view of God as pure actuality (actus purus) is the Aristotelian notion that potentiality is always potential for change and that something changes only because is lacks something else. So, a perfect being who lacks nothing must be devoid of potentiality, which means it must be pure actuality.
First, if all our thinking about God is to be centered on Jesus Christ, the definitive revelation of God (Heb. 1:1-3), I don’t see how we could ever come to the conclusion that God is devoid of potentiality. In Christ, God became something he wasn’t previously – namely, a human being. This entails that God had the potential to become a human being. And this alone is enough to dismiss the “God as pure actuality” idea.
I would argue this insight is confirmed with every verb ascribed to God in the Bible. Whenever God acts in time, it implies that God first had the potential to do what he did and then he did it. Aristotle’s actus purus deity can engage in no such activities…”
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”
Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am He. John 4:23-26

For God chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ; Eph 1:4-9

absolutely

https://reknew.org/2021/10/what-does-a-perfect-god-look-like/
https://reknew.org/2017/04/classical-theisms-unnecessary-paradoxes/
https://reknew.org/2017/04/challenging-assumptions-classical-theism/
https://reknew.org/2007/12/do-you-believe-god-is-pure-actuality/

In reality a man as a god is spawned through Egyptian and Roman myths who worshiped men as a god.

The real truth is -- the God who is a Spirit and came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 and opened up who He is and all of His heaven in that man, but because most worship a man as as a god instead of the One Jesus obeyed and received and Jesus prayed to, and said he could do noting at all without his Father who was his God, and sent him to do His will. This is the same one who came to me and did the same.

Same One who came to Adam and Adam became like Him, Same on came to Abraham, same one came to Moses, same One came to Jesus, same one who came to 120, and He will come to anyone today the very same if they would stop worshiping flesh and adhere to God who is not flesh but is a Spirit.

This is the one that those who worship a man as a god doest have a clue who He is because they do not obey and receive the same as Jesus did in Matt 3:16. He is at peoples door knocking and anyone who will let Him in as Jesus did, He will come to you and sup with you and be in you. He in you and you in Him as one as He was in Jesus and Jesus was in Him as one no different at all. Jesus prayer to his God for us to be in John 17 is proof. But evedintley most do not accept Jesus prayer to his God for them to be like Him as Jesus was like Him. Some here even say that what Jesus said you should be and would be if you received from God the same is a gnostic liar. They read it but do not believe it for they make their own gods in the image of a man instead of Spirit. The return of the Roman beliefs that man is a god. Roman kick backs.

man in eden
was not a creature but actual sons and daughters of God
—- of His same nature.

man on this current earth
because of adam is now in an animal fleshbody
—- having lost the birthright.

Last edited:
that is the meaning of resurrection body,
that His souls will be restored to their original nature

and restored to their original nature, the sons will rule eden paradise with Christ…

God did not, and does not change. Where did God change?
When God spoke to Moses through the burning bush, God did not become the burning bush. God stayed being God.

The second nature that is uniquely of Christ is not God.
The humanity of Christ can go through all sorts of changes while God remains God.

We all have to stop being dumb when first confronted by this paradox. For we all are. Humility has been imposed upon us.

God has is a certain very thick box that we get dropped into. Sealing us off from what we used to call common sense.
God provided a silver and gold sword to cut a way out a way out into light
A sword that we need to learn to use properly.

God is the front, and God is the front which seemed to be the back.

He does not change. Our perception does.

62104519.jpg

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Yes true worshipers are perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect and has His same mind, Spirit, and we walk in it just as He walks in it as Jesus did no different at all. One cant worship God at all least it is by His mind, Spirit, be your own.
The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”
Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am He. John 4:23-26
that is what I keep telling you. Just as you say when he comes he will explain it all to you. What is ironic, you are just like the lady at the well, He is standing right in from of you knocking at your door and you cant see him either just as she couldn't see him. Like her -- you are waiting and God is Speaking to you today just as He did her. But because to you His ways are gnostic lies, you will go to a grave never hearing that what Jesus said.

You are Pauline, you are not Christian.
For God chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ; Eph 1:4-9
God chooses everyone before the creation of the world, but not many choose Him in His ways though. You are living proof of that with your doctrine that His ways is gnostic lies.

You can continue to believe that a man is going to come as a god, and you will go to the grave never knowing the One who came to Jesus and explained to Jesus who He is and all of His heaven in that man. Jesus presented the Messiah after Matt 3:16 and even stated this is to be born of God, born again, just as he recieved from God.

Jesus was like the woman at the well, the difference is, the messiah came to Jesus and spend up all of who He is and all of His heaven in that man.

And like her and like Jesus was before Matt 3:16 He stand before you waiting for you to recieve just as Jesus received from Him. As long as the ways of the Father and Jesus to be like them is gnostic lies, well ypuo know the end results for that doctrine.

that is the meaning of resurrection body,
that His souls will be restored to their original nature

and restored to their original nature, the sons will rule eden paradise with Christ…
Yes just as Jesus was restored to His nature in Matt 3:16. So are we all who has received from God that same restoration of our minds, Spirit, Soul.

The exception is we will not rule in eden paradise, we will rule over the powers of the darkness that came out from the laws of eden. Jesus came out of that eden filled with pews that he once taught in and hit the streets where scandals, hatred, and emotional and physical pain was his eden. This is the joy Jesus had in the Father that he obeyed, did his Fathers will, and suffered the same today because of those who sit in a comfortable place without any enkling to go out and enjoy heaven as Jesus did and we all do the same how was kicked out of that eden to till the same ground that Jesus did in Matt 3:16 when he was kicked out of that comfortable place for law that he once taught in .

You dont understand that do you?

every soul having their Change and returning to eden is of His nature.

what no one likes to accept is that this ape body we each have here is not of His nature.
it is animal nature, flesh.

God did not and would not create for eden defective falling apart bodies that relieve themselves or get ill…

Yes just as Jesus was restored to His nature in Matt 3:16. So are we all who has received from God that same restoration of our minds, Spirit, Soul.
let me know when as christ in His resurrection body you can appear and disappear and defy gravity.

as far as i know your body still relieves itself, is made of flesh, and is subject to gravity

let me know when as christ in His resurrection body you can appear and disappear and defy gravity.
What has that to do with Christ in me to be Gods anointed by His Spirit? If Jesu tried to walk through a wall he would have come up with a bloody nose. LOL. Christ is a Spirit,Christ is Gods anointing in man to be like Him and in His same I,age Who is a Spirit and man, just as with Jesus, are Gods anointed by having His same mind. It is that mind who walks through walls LOl.

eve your understanding of Christ is carnal.
as far as i know your body still relieves itself, is made of flesh, and is subject to gravity
Yes just as Jesus did. He ate, drank, and relieved himself just as all men do, worked as a carpenter as a lot of men do. And like Jesus we humans can receive from God the One who does walk through walls floats through the air and comes to anyone who will recieve Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16.

eve, there is One that you do not know, and that is the One who floated down as gentile as a dove from heaven and opened who He is and all of His heaven in that man. He does the very same in anyone who will receive Him as Jesus did.

What has that to do with Christ in me to be Gods anointed by His Spirit? If Jesu tried to walk through a wall he would have come up with a bloody nose. LOL. Christ is a Spirit,Christ is Gods anointing in man to be like Him and in His same I,age Who is a Spirit and man, just as with Jesus, are Gods anointed by having His same mind. It is that mind who walks through walls LOl.

the topic is Christs resurrection body - not his physical body before he was murdered. you are only talking about his physical body before he was murdered.

eve your understanding of Christ is carnal.

Yes just as Jesus did. He ate, drank, and relieved himself just as all men do, worked as a carpenter as a lot of men do. And like Jesus we humans can receive from God the One who does walk through walls floats through the air and comes to anyone who will recieve Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16.
you are still talking about christs physical body before he got murdered.

eve, there is One that you do not know, and that is the One who floated down as gentile as a dove from heaven and opened who He is and all of His heaven in that man. He does the very same in anyone who will receive Him as Jesus did.
the topic was His resurrection body but your replies only discuss his physical body before he was murdered

not only can a soul (a) receive Christs anointing but a soul can (b) receive her resurrection body and (c) return to eden paradise which is heaven

Back