Does God change...His mind?

God is not a man, that he should lie,
nor a son of humankind,
that he should change his mind.
Has he said, and will he not do it?
And has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?
[Numbers 23:19 LEB]

God is not a man, so he does not lie.
He is not human, so he does not change his mind.
Has he ever spoken and failed to act?
Has he ever promised and not carried it through?
[Numbers 23:19 NLT]

God is not a man, that he (can) lie, neither he is as the son of a man, that he (can) be changed; therefore he hath said, and shall he not do it? he hath spoken, and shall he not fulfill it?[Wycliffe Bible]

God is not a man, that he might lie,
or a son of man, that he might change his mind.
Does he speak and not act,
or promise and not fulfill?
[Numbers 23:19 CSB]

God isn’t a man that he would lie,
or a human being that he would change his mind.
Has he ever spoken and not done it,
or promised and not fulfilled it?
[Numbers 23:19 CEB]

God is not man, that he should lie,
or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?
[Numbers 23:19 ESV]

God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?
[Numbers 23:19 NIV]

God arranges when need be to appear to change his mind.

Its done because of how appearing to change his mind will effect humans (and angels) whom God wants to cause a change in their thinking.

God must approach men in ways that men can relate to when God wishes to cause a change in man.

Yet, one other thing holds true.

When God says something he has done for a man is to be forever? His mind will never change on that.

I am wondering why this factor seems to upset some.
God never changes, He is the same yesterday as He is today and will be the same tomorrow, for Love that God is never changes, cannot change, Love, Holy Love, or Holy Spirit that Love is referred to, is perfect,For God is Love and man is the temple of Him.

God is not a man, that he should lie,
nor a son of humankind,
that he should change his mind.
And has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?
[Numbers 23:19 LEB]
But, he never did say... "I will create man and never destroy any of them." Did He?

So when God repented of ever having made man? Was He changing his mind?

In spite of the flood, some men were still saved.
So He did not eliminate man from being.

And, what you quoted from Numbers? Simply means that God keeps His Word.

Show where God has changed His mind. Can you?

God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Show where God has changed His mind. Can you?
The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever! Rev 11:15

The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever! Rev 11:15
There is one that you0 do not know.

Instead of listening to others opinions about God and Jesus, may I ask why you dont go to God yourself for His information?

You dont know how do you?

[Numbers 23:19 NIV]
True, God is a Spirit not a man, and His Spirit simply is Love, Holy Love, or Holy Spirit Love is called in the Bible. Man is only the temple of God, the place God lives and resides and has His being in man. Well at least those who has received Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 where God Himself opens up who He is and all of His heaven in that man just as He does in us all who will got to Him instead of going to some denomination full of opinions about a god, some even worship three of them.

I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; Jeremiah 24:7
There is one that you0 do not know.
Instead of listening to others opinions about God and Jesus, may I ask why you dont go to God yourself for His information?
You dont know how do you?
They will all know Me; For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more. Jer 31:34
Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? Micah 7:18
You plant them on the mountain of your inheritance—the place, Lord, you made for your dwelling, the sanctuary, Lord, your hands established.
The Lord reigns for ever and ever. Ex 15:17-18

Last edited:
I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; Jeremiah 24:7
He does in us all who will receive Him. He gave Jesus His heart in Matt 3:16 when He opens it up to Jesus. He did me to.
They will all know Me; For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more. Jer 31:34
Only if you repent from sin. Until then your sins are remembered by you and God, you are still in sin that you say you are.
Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? Micah 7:18
And His inheritance is holy, pure, perfect as He is perfect and without sin.
You plant them on the mountain of your inheritance—the place, Lord, you made for your dwelling, the sanctuary, Lord, your hands established.
The Lord reigns for ever and ever. Ex 15:17-18
Bingo. Jesus was very clear in this. The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you. Luke 17:20-21. It always will be that way with God.

Only if you repent from sin. Until then your sins are remembered by you and God, you are still in sin that you say you are.
So that their eyes are opened, that they may turn from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me. Acts 26:18

So that their eyes are opened, that they may turn from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me. Acts 26:18
Yep turn from the darkness of sin into His divine light, something that Paul never could do nor can you for you are a Pauline as a sinner instead of Christ who is without sin.

JonHawk said:
Yep turn from the darkness of sin into His divine light, something that Paul never could do nor can you for you are a Pauline as a sinner instead of Christ who is without sin.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4

JonHawk said:
Yes just as Jesus did in Matty 3:16 turn from the darkness of the laws he once taught in the temples where God kicked him out of that eden to till the ground in which he came spiritually.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4
He is veiled for you, there is a mountain between you and Him that you have no intent in removing that He may come to you as He did Jesus in Matt 3;16, because for you that is gnostic lies to recieve from God His Spirit as Jesus did.

May I ask you what your intent is for accuse God and Jesus as gnostic liars? I know already and I know you do to, your intent is to spread your Father as the sinner you say you are and of 1 John 3:8. Of your father the devil as a sinner by the accusations you accuse Gos and Jesus of as being gnostic liars.

May I ask you what your intent is for accuse God and Jesus as gnostic liars? I know already and I know you do to, your intent is to spread your Father as the sinner you say you are and of 1 John 3:8. Of your father the devil as a sinner by the accusations you accuse Gos and Jesus of as being gnostic liars.
Your gnostic father and his cohorts were made a spectacle, Christ triumphed over them.
The reality is found in Christ. Col 2:14-17
He is veiled for you, there is a mountain between you and Him that you have no intent in removing that He may come to you
Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” Luke 24:36

I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. Ezekiel 37:26

What is the explanation for the fact that Scripture says in many places that God changes His mind?

It's an anthropomorphism, we are told. It's similar to how the Bible speaks of "the arm of the Lord" as if God has arms.

But the more I think about it, the more this explanation just doesn't do justice to the text. For one thing, we use anthropomorphisms as a metaphorical way of expressing something true. In the case of "the arm of the Lord", the expression is a metaphor for the ability of the Lord to get things done. If "changing His mind" is an anthropomorphism, then what is it a metaphor for? The disconnect here is that whereas arms are a physical feature, the mind is not. It's easier for us to see arms as a metaphor when it comes to God because even though God has no form, we know that arms represent the ability to get things done. But even if God does not have literal arms, are we to believe that He doesn't have a literal mind?

Secondly, is it even true that God has no physical form? The Bible speaks of God walking in the garden, of allowing Moses to see His back (for if he saw the Lord's face, he would die), of of course manifesting Himself in the flesh in the person of Jesus Christ. We are said to be made in the image of God, which surely signifies that our physical form corresponds to God's own form. What else is an image?

It seems to me that the anthropomorphism argument falls short of explaining the logical problems entailed by taking the text at face value.
How could we count on anything if God changes his mind literally?

Back