The Immaculate Conception

Think through this for just a second. Theologically, if Mary is the SPOUSE of the Holy Spirit, the beloved DAUGHTER of God the Father, and MOTHER of Jesus Christ, then theologically, what would be the relationship between God the Father & Jesus Christ, if Mary is the DAUGHTER of God the Father & MOTHER of Jesus Christ?
I thought Protestants (at least those at CARM) can't think theologically because that wouldn't be Biblical.

Last edited:
Think through this for just a second. Theologically, if Mary is the SPOUSE of the Holy Spirit, the beloved DAUGHTER of God the Father, and MOTHER of Jesus Christ, then theologically, what would be the relationship between God the Father & Jesus Christ, if Mary is the DAUGHTER of God the Father & MOTHER of Jesus Christ?
Father and Son.

I thought Protestants (at least those at CARM) can't think theologically because that wouldn't be Biblical.
Theology the study of the nature of God, religious truth and the things of God, questions about God that is scriptural. Your insult is nothing Jesus suffered worse and it reveals how RCs do not know the meaning of loving one's neighbours.

Theology the study of the nature of God, religious truth and the things of God, questions about God that is scriptural. Your insult is nothing Jesus suffered worse and it reveals how RCs do not know the meaning of loving one's neighbours.
Now how is that an insult when Protestants demand exact wording from Scripture otherwise "it isn't there"?

Now how is that an insult when Protestants demand exact wording from Scripture otherwise "it isn't there"?
The only ones who demand the actual, exact words from scripture is an RC. You once again are misrepresenting others. Of course there was an insult intended by you, we are not blind and we are not stupid.

This is just so not true. I have stated several times here the exact wording of a doctrinal belief does not need to be in Scripture, but the teaching and concept should be there. I even gave a few examples, like Trinity, virgin birth, and hypostatic union. And there are others.

To quote desertscout, who used to post on CARM: "You have just made a straw man so big, you could burn it in the desert and hold an annoying festival around it."

Last edited:
This is just so not true. I have stated several times here the exact wording of a doctrinal belief does not need to be in Scripture, but the teaching and concept should there. I even gave a few examples, like Trinity, virgin birth, and hypostatic union. And there are others.

To quote desertscout, who used to post on CARM: "You have just made a straw man so big, you could burn it in the desert and hold an annoying festival around it."
You are the only one I have seen that has said that.
However, when it comes to Mary or the saints or the pope or the Church and its authority, you seem to change your opinion.
IOW, "the exact wording of a doctrinal belief does not need to be in Scripture" seems to only apply for Protestant arguments.
How convenient!

You are the only one I have seen that has said that.

Perhaps that is because the others agree with me and have no need to add to what I wrote. But can you show me someone on here who wrote that the exact words of a doctrine must be found in Scripture, or it isn't Scripture?
However, when it comes to Mary or the saints or the pope or the Church and its authority, you seem to change your opinion.

No, I don't. I have stated that the concept of a teaching or doctrine should be found in the Bible--but there is not
even a hint of teachings about popes and the 4 Marian dogmas found anywhere in Scripture. Nada. Zilch. Rien. NOTHING.
IOW, "the exact wording of a doctrinal belief does not need to be in Scripture" seems to only apply for Protestant arguments.
How convenient!
No, not convenient at all. See what I wrote above about how the concepts of doctrines should at least be found in the Bible.

Last edited:
Well, how is THIS not an insult?
"I thought Protestants (at least those at CARM) can't think theologically because that wouldn't be Biblical."

We think theologically all the time on here! We quote Scriptures all the time and in context, too. How is that NOT thinking "theologically"?

Reminds me of that old song, "I'm My Own Grandpaw".

Back