Sheep Follow the Shepherd Not Joseph Smith

Janice Bower

Mormons believe that they are the sheep.

Alma 5
And now if ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd, of what fold are ye? Behold, I say unto you, that the devil is your shepherd, and ye are of his fold; and now, who can deny this? Behold, I say unto you, whosoever denieth this is a liar and a child of the devil.

“Nothing less than a complete apostasy from the Christian religion would warrant the establishment of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”
Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr., History of the Church, v. 1, p. xl

“Nothing less than a complete apostasy from the Christian religion would warrant the establishment of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”

Could you explain what warranted the establishment of all the denominations which spun off the Reformation?

And that is the most important truth of all, Janice.

Follow Christ, our Sheperd and Savior.

It would be hard to believe any church which did not carry the only name given under heaven for salvation--would be the denomination which was set up by the Shepherd:

Acts 4:10-12---King James Version
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

It would be hard to believe any church which did not carry the only name given under heaven for salvation--would be the denomination which was set up by the Shepherd:

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
The only True Church should teach Jesus' greatest comand

Mark 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mormons teach 3 Lords not one so they don't even have the Greatest command

Mark 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

This "one Lord"?

1 Corinthians 8:6---King James Version (KJV)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Ephesians 4:4-6--King James Version (KJV)
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The problem being--the "one Lord" is separated out from the "one God"--in the Biblical NT.

How do you explain that?

So--did the Biblical writers have the Greatest command?

Matthew 22:44---King James Version
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Sheep Follow the Shepherd Not Joseph Smith​

Was this the shepherd?

1 Corinthians 4:16--King James Version (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 3:10---King James Version (KJV)

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Philippians 1:7---King James Version (KJV)
7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

2 Timothy 3:10--King James Version (KJV)

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Romans 2:16---King James Version (KJV)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

2 Thessalonians 3:4---King James Version (KJV)

4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

Mormons believe that they are the sheep.

Alma 5
And now if ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd, of what fold are ye? Behold, I say unto you, that the devil is your shepherd, and ye are of his fold; and now, who can deny this? Behold, I say unto you, whosoever denieth this is a liar and a child of the devil.

Chuckle... or that of the Devil who is the shepherd of his flock... so if were the sheep of the good shepherd, are you also?

2 gods and 1 lord, I think.

Chuckle, are you sure you were a member once, maybe in your dreams... chuckle.
I'm positive, but Mornon doctrine changes and changes. I was taught that if it says "Lord" it refers to Jesus. Of course that doesn't work with Isaiah 43.

Romans 15:6 – “so that you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ with one mind and one voice.”

2 Corinthians 1:3 – “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.”

Jesus never said:

1 Join my church
2 My church is the way
3 My church saves
4 Neither is there salvation in any other church
5 A prophet will head my church

“And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.” Acts 2:47.

Jesus never said:

1 Join my church
2 My church is the way
3 My church saves
4 Neither is there salvation in any other church
5 A prophet will head my church
If you really believe that then you shouldn't have a problem with us. We certainly aren't taking away anything from you or the church you pretend to be defending.

Janice Bower said: Sheep Follow the Shepherd Not Joseph Smith

Was this the Shepherd?

15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

Bump for Janice.

Was this the Shepherd?

Bump for Janice.
None of your verses are referring to Joseph Smith

Back