Covenantbreakers

RCM

LDS who are baptized have taken a vow that promises to keep all the laws and commandments of God.

Each Sunday when they partake of the sacrament they re-pledge and renew that vow again as they commit their allegiance and faithfulness as they
promise and covenant that they will keep all of God's commandments.

Commandment and Covenant keeping is a requirement of the LDS faith, yet all LDS have broken their vow and are Covenantbreakers.

President Brigham Young said: “It is present salvation and the present influence of the Holy Ghost that we need every day to keep us on saving ground.
When an individual refuses to comply with the further requirements of Heaven, then the sins he had formerly committed return upon his head; his former righteousness departs from him, and is not accounted to him for righteousness: only through baptism, the laying on of hands, and obeying the commandments of the Lord and all that is required of him by the heavens—the living oracles. He is saved now, next week, next year, and continually, and is prepared for the celestial kingdom of God whenever the time comes for him to inherit it.” (In Journal of Discourses, 8:124.)

All means all with no exceptions

D&C 82:7 states, "Unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return,"

D&C 88:22 states, "For he who is not able to abide to the law of a celestial kingdom cannot abide a celestial glory."

Clearly, LDS Scripture states that, "Those who receive forgiveness and then repeat the sin are held accountable for their former sins."

Clearly, LDS Scripture states that, "If you cannot keep the celestial covenant vow in this life, you do not deserve celestial glory."

The question for LDS is, "Which one of you has never repeated a sin?"

The question for LDS is, "How do you intend to attain the Celestial Kingdom when you are a Covenantbreaker?"

But, I guess if the LDS god who was once a fallen sinful man who may have been a thief, a liar, a moneygrubber, a swearer, or an adulterer
and yet, he made it, so I guess you will be able to also?

Romans 1

RCM

Last edited:
But, I guess if the LDS god who was once a fallen sinful man who may have been a thief, a liar, a moneygrubber, or an adulterer and he made it,
I guess you will be able to also?

Actually, Mormons don't officially hold a position on the matter.

A friend of mine, who used to participate here years ago, continues a ministry evangelizing Mormons in SLC.

He made a video asking Mormons, "Did Heavenly Father ever sin during his mortal probation?"

He got different answers.
Some believed that HF was a like Jesus, and was a sinless Saviour on his original planet.
Others believe that HF may have sinned, and makes them feel better that even though they are sinners, they can still become gods themselves.

Actually, Mormons don't officially hold a position on the matter.

A friend of mine, who used to participate here years ago, continues a ministry evangelizing Mormons in SLC.

He made a video asking Mormons, "Did Heavenly Father ever sin during his mortal probation?"

He got different answers.
Some believed that HF was a like Jesus, and was a sinless Saviour on his original planet.
Others believe that HF may have sinned, and makes them feel better that even though they are sinners, they can still become gods themselves.

Thanks for the info and video, Theo,

I do believe the LDS Church has an official position on the matter, but is careful not to engage the subject, based on the following,

In the Temple Endowment Ceremony, Lucifer explicitly states, quote, "LUCIFER:: I have said nothing about Father. I want you to eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, that your eyes may be opened, for that is the way Father gained his knowledge. You must eat of this fruit so as to comprehend that everything has its opposite: good and evil, virtue and vice, light and darkness, health and sickness, pleasure and pain; and thus your eyes will be opened and you will have knowledge."

Joseph Smith's King Follett Discourse statement, "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!"

It seems that for the last decade or more, LDS hold differing viewpoints even on essential Mormon Doctrine so that they feel comfortable
in their religion.

I have had more than one LDS person tell me that not all Mormons believe the same things.

RCM

LDS who are baptized have taken a vow that promises to keep all the laws and commandments of God.

Each Sunday when they partake of the sacrament they re-pledge and renew that vow again as they commit their allegiance and faithfulness as they
promise and covenant that they will keep all of God's commandments.

Commandment and Covenant keeping is a requirement of the LDS faith, yet all LDS have broken their vow and are Covenantbreakers.

President Brigham Young said: “It is present salvation and the present influence of the Holy Ghost that we need every day to keep us on saving ground.
When an individual refuses to comply with the further requirements of Heaven, then the sins he had formerly committed return upon his head; his former righteousness departs from him, and is not accounted to him for righteousness: only through baptism, the laying on of hands, and obeying the commandments of the Lord and all that is required of him by the heavens—the living oracles. He is saved now, next week, next year, and continually, and is prepared for the celestial kingdom of God whenever the time comes for him to inherit it.” (In Journal of Discourses, 8:124.)

All means all with no exceptions

D&C 82:7 states, "Unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return,"

D&C 88:22 states, "For he who is not able to abide to the law of a celestial kingdom cannot abide a celestial glory."

Clearly, LDS Scripture states that, "Those who receive forgiveness and then repeat the sin are held accountable for their former sins."

Clearly, LDS Scripture states that, "If you cannot keep the celestial covenant vow in this life, you do not deserve celestial glory."

The question for LDS is, "Which one of you has never repeated a sin?"

The question for LDS is, "How do you intend to attain the Celestial Kingdom when you are a Covenantbreaker?"

But, I guess if the LDS god who was once a fallen sinful man who may have been a thief, a liar, a moneygrubber, a swearer, or an adulterer
and yet, he made it, so I guess you will be able to also?

Romans 1

RCM

Do you keep all of the covenants and commandments without fault?

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom. 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Too bad Mormons don't believe Scripture.
While Christians depend on Christ, Mormons depend on their own "good works".

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom. 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Too bad Mormons don't believe Scripture.
While Christians depend on Christ, Mormons depend on their own "good works".

How is this relevant to or answer the question I asked RCM?

I'm not a Mormon so I'm not tripping. Now if you want to ask a Mormon that question good luck because You'll need it. Ever hear the expression ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies? It goes a little different here, ask me all the questions you want and I'll give you No answers.

I'm not a Mormon so I'm not tripping. Now if you want to ask a Mormon that question good luck because You'll need it. Ever hear the expression ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies? It goes a little different here, ask me all the questions you want and I'll give you No answers.

I already know the answer to the question I asked RCM.

I already know the answer to the question I asked RCM.

Is that the question where you tried to derail discussion AWAY from Mormonism, and instead try to attack the critics?

It seems that every Mormon in this forum KNOWS that Mormonism is bankrupt, and has to engage in every tactic known to man to try to avoid putting it under the clear light of day.

It seems that every Mormon in this forum KNOWS that Mormonism is bankrupt,...

They do? It must be a case of intense cultic brainwashing like Trump supporters thinking that the Democrats stole the election. ROFLOL

Last edited:

Mesenja,

Of course not, that is exactly my point of my argument, and I agree with Theo's response to you with Romans 3:23

What is more, consider James 2:10, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all."

So, are you LDS, and what is your point?

RCM

Mesenja,

Of course not, that is exactly my point of my argument, and I agree with Theo's response to you with Romans 3:23

What is more, consider James 2:10, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all."

So, are you LDS, and what is your point?

If you break the commandments will you receive salvation?

You said it...

It begins in the toddler words, when LDS mothers literally put words into the mouths of their children, with "testi-mommies".

You obviously don't know sarcasm and need to edit my post in order to to take me out of context.

You obviously don't know sarcasm and need to edit my post in order to to take me out of context.

So are you trying to deny the brainwashing parents do to their toddlers with feeding them "testi-mommies", teaching them to say things they not only do NOT testify to, but don't even understand?

That is TEXTBOOK "brainwashing".

So are you trying to deny the brainwashing parents do to their toddlers with feeding them "testi-mommies", teaching them to say things they not only do NOT testify to, but don't even understand?

That is TEXTBOOK "brainwashing".

Are you denying that you edited my post to take it out of context?

Back