Old time radio, or picture less TV

BJ Bear

Old time radio is kind of cool. Does anyone listen to it or know about it? There seems to be a lot of shows available for listening or download at archive-dot-org.

Two that I like are I Love A Mystery and Adventures of Philip Marlowe.
Tony Randall has a recurring role in I Love A Mystery, and the Marlowe shows are dated but fun.

Old time radio is kind of cool. Does anyone listen to it or know about it? There seems to be a lot of shows available for listening or download at archive-dot-org.

Tony Randall has a recurring role in I Love A Mystery, and the Marlowe shows are dated but fun.
My mom's generation always talked about The Shadow radio program. I seem to recall "only the Shadow knows..." It was later also on early TV broadcasts. I saw and heard some of both varieties as a young child.

I listen to a bunch of them. Jack Benny, Amos and Andy, Great Gildersleeve, Box 13, etc.

My mom's generation always talked about The Shadow radio program. I seem to recall "only the Shadow knows..." It was later also on early TV broadcasts. I saw and heard some of both varieties as a young child.
Cool. Many years ago there was a plumbing company in the west that had a commercial that was a take-off of a line from The Shadow. Of course I had no idea until recently. What a hoot!

I listen to a bunch of them. Jack Benny, Amos and Andy, Great Gildersleeve, Box 13, etc.
I like the other three but haven't tried Box 13 yet. Somehow I got hooked on Vincent Price as The Saint. It took a while to get his horror movie Image out of my head.

Ok, I remember the commercial now. It seemed quirky and kind of funny when I first saw it because I didn't know the context.

In a parallel to the sometime opening fo The Shadow the commercial started with, "Who knows what evil lurks in your plumbing?" And then then the unusual plumbing company name followed. (I have no idea how to spell it correctly.)

Back