Please explain

balshan

Why do RCs constantly force threads off the op. I mean in whose mind does rock or rock have anything at all to do with Mary being idol worship. I mean Peter is not the pope. The RCC did not give us the canon. Is it because they are afraid of the truth, that is why they side track threads?

Why do RCs constantly force threads off the op. I mean in whose mind does rock or rock have anything at all to do with Mary being idol worship. I mean Peter is not the pope. The RCC did not give us the canon. Is it because they are afraid of the truth, that is why they side track threads?
Scripture scares them, balshan. They know there is no evidence, either directly or implied, to bolster their evil teachings. So they run the topic off the rails. Going to Mary is their first option because it generates a lot of heated discussion.

You'd probably have to ask each individual Catholic but from my experience it results from Protestants using a scatter-gun approach to criticism: rather than sticking to an issue, a whole swathe of issues are raised that need to be addressed. It may also be that Catholics become tired of the caricatures and lack of attempts to understand their faith.

You'd probably have to ask each individual Catholic but from my experience it results from Protestants using a scatter-gun approach to criticism: rather than sticking to an issue, a whole swathe of issues are raised that need to be addressed. It may also be that Catholics become tired of the caricatures and lack of attempts to understand their faith.
Oh rubbish. Non rcs answer the questions. The scatter gun approach to posts is you. No the ones who raise the swathe of issues can always be traced back to an RC post. Is it fear of answering? Maybe the caricatures and lack of understanding of RC is all in the paranoid mind of an RC poster. I know that most of us are well versed in RCC doctrines and teachings. We come from large RC families, still have had to attend masses for baptisms and deaths etc. Have read the catechism. So that is just bunkum. It comes from the inability to defend your institution and its fruit or lack thereof.

Reactions: nan
Oh rubbish. Non rcs answer the questions. The scatter gun approach to posts is you. No the ones who raise the swathe of issues can always be traced back to an RC post. Is it fear of answering? Maybe the caricatures and lack of understanding of RC is all in the paranoid mind of an RC poster. I know that most of us are well versed in RCC doctrines and teachings. We come from large RC families, still have had to attend masses for baptisms and deaths etc. Have read the catechism. So that is just bunkum. It comes from the inability to defend your institution and its fruit or lack thereof.
Well, since you already have the answer as to why some Catholics might do what you claim they do, what's the point of asking the question?

I've just given my experience.

Well, since you already have the answer as to why some Catholics might do what you claim they do, what's the point of asking the question?

I've just given my experience.
Really that has been my experience. You made a post and stated what you believe is your experience and I have stated what has been my experience.

I've noticed a distinct and unusual thing here. When I ask a question, I get a question shot back to me. Not answers.
Really you just responded to my statement and I didn't ask a question. But it is a tactic well used by RCs.

The word "Kepha" in Aramaic means "rock;" therefore Mary worship is Biblical, statues have magic powers, and the pope can do whatever he wants.

The word "Kepha" in Aramaic means "rock;" therefore Mary worship is Biblical, statues have magic powers, and the pope can do whatever he wants.
Rubbish. But glad to know you are finally posting the truth about Mary worship.

If your institution was the one true church, it would not have sacrificed children. The sacrifice of children was the final straw for God and what sent the Israelites into exile.

Rubbish. But glad to know you are finally posting the truth about Mary worship.

Of course it is rubbish! You don't actually think I was being serious do you?

If you think I was being serious, that says more about you than it does me.

If your institution was the one true church, it would not have sacrificed children. The sacrifice of children was the final straw for God and what sent the Israelites into exile.

I have no idea what you are talking about here. Talk about Rubbish.

Of course it is rubbish! You don't actually think I was being serious do you?

If you think I was being serious, that says more about you than it does me.

I have no idea what you are talking about here. Talk about Rubbish.
Really you think I thought you were, says a lot about you. But it was still rubbish. Your institution allowed and therefore promoted the sacrifice of children to their priests. Yet you do not discern its fruit, or what happened to those who sacrifice children.

"Because evangelical pastors decide whatever they want: what to believe, how to believe, how to behave, etc."
-Johnathan _Hili

"But I suppose probably the main reason why other Christians don't pray to the saints is because their ecclesiology is not very developed." -
-Johnathan _Hili

"Because evangelical pastors decide whatever they want: what to believe, how to believe, how to behave, etc."
-Johnathan _Hili

"But I suppose probably the main reason why other Christians don't pray to the saints is because their ecclesiology is not very developed." -
-Johnathan _Hili
Dude, if you're going to quote me putting my foot in my mouth, at least spell my name correctly!

However... notice the quote you used from me was about issues. I'm saying there that instead of focusing on one issue, people just throw a whole load of issues (usually irrelevant) into the mix. I also say we shouldn't use caricatures. Now, coming to the two other quotes:
a) In the first one I am sticking to the issue at hand (not scatter-gun) and saying that evangelical Christians/pastors are their own ultimate authority - they are not beholden to any other institution about what to believe, how to believe, and how to behave. I suppose you could call this a caricature. But is it? Can you tell me what institution such people are beholden to?
b) Again, this second quote sticks to the issue (not scatter-gun). Is it a caricature? I said "I suppose probably", indicating it is a kind of guess and not a definitive statement, and also that I don't think evangelical Christian ecclesiology is very developed. Compared to Catholic and Orthodox ecclesiology, I don't see how it is very developed. But I'm happy to be corrected.

Dude, if you're going to quote me putting my foot in my mouth, at least spell my name correctly!

However... notice the quote you used from me was about issues. I'm saying there that instead of focusing on one issue, people just throw a whole load of issues (usually irrelevant) into the mix. I also say we shouldn't use caricatures. Now, coming to the two other quotes:
a) In the first one I am sticking to the issue at hand (not scatter-gun) and saying that evangelical Christians/pastors are their own ultimate authority - they are not beholden to any other institution about what to believe, how to believe, and how to behave. I suppose you could call this a caricature. But is it? Can you tell me what institution such people are beholden to?
b) Again, this second quote sticks to the issue (not scatter-gun). Is it a caricature? I said "I suppose probably", indicating it is a kind of guess and not a definitive statement, and also that I don't think evangelical Christian ecclesiology is very developed. Compared to Catholic and Orthodox ecclesiology, I don't see how it is very developed. But I'm happy to be corrected.

you said
" Catholics become tired of the caricatures and lack of attempts to understand their faith."
" caricatures"

you did the same thing

and Dude: I'll let you know how my eye surgery goes next week

Last edited:
So, when a Christian starts a thread to show Catholic sources that show Catholics really do pray to Mary, and a Catholic starts ranting about sola scriptura or pushing the oft debunked "30,000 denominations" lie, that's somehow the fault of the Christian?

I'll bet you think it's the altar boys' fault when the priests rape them, too.

So, when a Christian starts a thread to show Catholic sources that show Catholics really do pray to Mary, and a Catholic starts ranting about sola scriptura or pushing the oft debunked "30,000 denominations" lie, that's somehow the fault of the Christian?
Yes, I know Catholics pray to Mary. Does anyone deny that?

By the way, Catholics are Christians.
I'll bet you think it's the altar boys' fault when the priests rape them, too.
You do realise you responded to my post that read: "It may also be that Catholics become tired of the caricatures..." with the tired caricature of abusive priests?

Back