Covenantbreakers

You said it...

It begins in the toddler words, when LDS mothers literally put words into the mouths of their children, with "testi-mommies".

I also said "...like Trump supporters thinking that the Democrats stole the election. ROFLOL"

Here's a good one

THE TEMPLE ENDOWMENT COVENANT
All worthy Mormons enter the LDS temple to receive his or her “endowment” (gift of knowledge and blessing). The “endowment” ceremony consists of the ritual of washing and anointing various parts of the body, dressing into holy under-garments and temple robes, the ritual of special handshakes (similar to Masonic handshakes) given for spiritual power, oaths of secrecy taken to protect the content of the rituals from outside exposure, a re-enactment of the creation of the world, the fall of Adam and Eve and teachings and symbols given to represent the Mormon view of salvation and the afterlife. As Mormons practice these “ordinances” or rituals of the “endowment” ceremony, they covenant to obey all LDS laws and commandments.

LDS apostle James E. Talmage explained:

“The ordinances of the endowment embody certain obligations on the part of the individual, such as covenant and promise to observe the law of strict virtue and chastity, to be charitable, benevolent, tolerant and pure; to devote both talent and material means to the spread of truth and the uplifting of the race; to maintain devotion to the cause of truth; and to seek in every way to contribute to the great preparation that the earth may be made ready to receive her King — the Lord Jesus Christ. With the taking of each covenant and the assuming of each obligation a promised blessing is pronounced, contingent upon the faithful observance of the conditions.” (The House of the Lord, 1976, 1984)

Mormonism is a religion of ordinances (rules), covenants (promises) and rituals that Latter-day Saints (LDS) believe they must follow and perform in order to make themselves good enough to merit the highest level of Heaven. The word “covenant” in Mormonism means a commitment, promise or binding contract between two individuals. Most Mormons take their covenants seriously because they believe these covenants take place between man and God or a husband and a wife. They believe that they must keep these covenants to gain “exaltation” as “gods” and “goddesses” in the Celestial Kingdom of Heaven.
What are covenants?

Did Jesus say to the rich young man that unless you keep all the commandments faultlessly that you will not receive salvation?

KJ21 And He said unto him, “Why callest thou Me good? There is none good but One, that is, God. But if thou wilt enter into Life, keep the commandments.”

Are you denying that you edited my post to take it out of context?

I did edit your post.
I didn't "take it out of context".

You are DODGING my question about LDS parents brainwashing their toddlers by whispering "testi-mommies" into their ears, when they have no clue what they're even saying.

Drinking Kool-Aid, anyone?

I did edit your post. I didn't "take it out of context". You are DODGING my question about LDS parents brainwashing their toddlers by whispering "testi-mommies" into their ears, when they have no clue what they're even saying. Drinking Kool-Aid, anyone?
It's in poor taste to use the tragedy of a mass suicide that killed 918 people as a cheap shot against me.

It's in poor taste to use the tragedy of a mass suicide that killed 918 people as a cheap shot against me.

It's in poor taste to lie to people and tell them that polygamy is okay, and they can evolve into "gods".
And if you want to talk about mass death, ever heard of "Mountain Meadows Massacre"?
Check and mate.

RCM said:

Mesenja,

Of course not, that is exactly my point of my argument, and I agree with Theo's response to you with Romans 3:23

What is more, consider James 2:10, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all."

So, are you LDS, and what is your point?

If you break the commandments will you receive salvation?

Mesenja,

A Biblical Christian is saved by faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9) and not by works

Galatians 2:16-21 states, "Nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified. "But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be! "For if I rebuild what I have once destroyed, I prove myself to be a transgressor. "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

My salvation is dependent upon Jesus Christ, not upon myself

However, let me ask you your own questions,

Do you keep all of the covenants and commandments without fault?

You are the one whose scriptures state, D&C 82:7 states, "Unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return," and D&C 88:22 states, "For he who is not able to abide to the law of a celestial kingdom cannot abide a celestial glory."

Your Mormon salvation is all dependent upon you

If you break a commandment, according to LDS theology you are a commandmentbreaker and you have lost your salvation and will not attain
the Celestial Kingdom, the burden is all on you

And if you believe the Bible, according to James 2:10, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all." Then you as a Mormon are really in trouble, because if you lie, covet, or are unkind to anyone, you are a lawbreaker and are no better of
than a thief, murderer, or an adulterer.

You are the one with a salvation problem and only faith in the Biblical Jesus can remove your sins, read 1 John 1:5-10 and you will see why
Biblical Christians have a hope and assurance that you do not and cannot have.

RCM

Last edited:
I'm not a Mormon so I'm not tripping. Now if you want to ask a Mormon that question good luck because You'll need it. Ever hear the expression ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies? It goes a little different here, ask me all the questions you want and I'll give you No answers.
Ain't that the truth,your last line!

My salvation is dependent upon Jesus Christ, not upon myself.

Agreed.

However, let me ask you your own questions,

Fair enough RCM.

Do you keep all of the covenants and commandments without fault?

No.
Since the apostle Paul taught us "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" do you think that there might be a contingency plan for those that break the commandments?

Back