Believing there are three SEPARATE divine centers of consciousness is polytheism.

Yahchristian

Professing TRINITARIANS on this forum often make NON-TRINITARIAN statements. For example...

There is one being who is God, and within the Being called God there exist three separate centers of consciousness, of which one is the Father. Following my worldview the Father is God, but God is the Father, Son, and HS, therefore no appositive.

Believing there are three SEPARATE divine centers of consciousness is polytheism.

The definition of "separate" is "forming or viewed as a unit apart or by itself".

That is why TRINITARIANS are careful to say "The persons of the Trinity: distinct, not separate."

P.S.

Here is a concise statement of what I believe...
The spirit Yahweh is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

And here is a more detailed overview...
(Note: I agree with the view of Melito, Bishop of Sardis around AD 160-180. The following is how I word it.)
For this creation, Yahweh God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Son of God) with a glorious human body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God. But whereas Yahweh created a human spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Professing TRINITARIANS on this forum often make NON-TRINITARIAN statements. For example...

The definition of "separate" is "forming or viewed as a unit apart or by itself".

That is why TRINITARIANS are careful to say "The persons of the Trinity: distinct, not separate."

P.S.

The spirit Yahweh is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

(Note: I agree with the view of Melito, Bishop of Sardis around AD 160-180. The following is how I word it.)
For this creation, Yahweh God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Son of God) with a glorious human body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God. But whereas Yahweh created a human spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.
Towerwatchman,
I do not see three separate centers of consciousness. I only see two. Jesus said the only true God is the Father (John 17:3) the Father is one center of consciousness. Jesus said this Father God is Spirit (John 4:24) The Father as Spirit is the same center of consciousness. Spirit is what the Father is. Do you say there are two Spirits? Luke 1:35 said the Holy Spirit would come upon Mary and this is how she would conceive. Mary's conception is the Lord Jesus the second center of consciousness.
God bless

Towerwatchman,
I do not see three separate centers of consciousness. I only see two. Jesus said the only true God is the Father (John 17:3)
Follow this to a logical conclusion and Jesus is a false god in Jn 1:1
the Father is one center of consciousness. Jesus said this Father God is Spirit (John 4:24) The Father as Spirit is the same center of consciousness. Spirit is what the Father is. Do you say there are two Spirits? Luke 1:35 said the Holy Spirit would come upon Mary and this is how she would conceive. Mary's conception is the Lord Jesus the second center of consciousness.
God bless
If you have two centers of consciousness who identify as God you either have 2/3 of the Trinity or polytheism.

P.S.

How many things of wrong here?
1) If the fall of Adam was preplanned by God, so He can have a kingdom of redeemed individuals, then Adam did not commit sin by his own free will, it was part of a planned program, therefore he is not guilty of any sin, therefore there is no need for a redeemer. You make your god out to be a cruel manipulating self centered liar.
2) Three separate centers of consciousness, does not equate to three separate beings. God is one being with three separate centers of consciousness.

How many things of wrong here?
1) If the fall of Adam was preplanned by God, so He can have a kingdom of redeemed individuals, then Adam did not commit sin by his own free will, it was part of a planned program, therefore he is not guilty of any sin, therefore there is no need for a redeemer. You make your god out to be a cruel manipulating self centered liar.

What do YOU believe God preplanned for this creation?

I believe...

God determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself.

Last edited:
God determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself.
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken
And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died

Matt Slick believes...
God is one being, not three and as such, has one consciousness and one will that is revealed as a Trinity of persons.

I would like to hear from ALL of the TRINITARIANS on this forum.

How many separate centers of consciousness exist within the Being called God?

So far one Trinitarian says ONE, another says TWO, and another says THREE.

But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken
And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died

Are you able to answer the question or not...

What do YOU believe God preplanned for this creation?

Matt Slick believes...

So far one Trinitarian says ONE, another says TWO, and another says THREE.
One trait of consciousness is an individual will. When Jesus said let your will be done and not mine, that’s two wills.

P.S.

Too much theological verbiage.
God has ONE will, ONE mind.

Too much theological verbiage.

So far one Trinitarian says ONE, another says TWO, another says THREE, and another says DON’T KNOW.

We say "Three Persons" on account of that is how language works, not that there are three beings or three gods in verities of the Divine.

@aeg4971, so tell us what you believe about "centers of consciousness"...

So far one Trinitarian says ONE, another says TWO, another says THREE, and another says DON’T KNOW.

@aeg4971, so tell us what you believe about "centers of consciousness"...

On the contrary it is more exact to say , "A Threefold consciousness", not three centers of consciousness . We worship God in Trinity on account of this number three is not actually in God .

In the words of the Latin doctor communis ." When we say Several Persons having Godhead , we do not imply that God is many , but rather we mean that, God Knows these Many". One Person of The Father, another of The Son , and another of The Holy Spirit. So the Greeks say," Tres Hypostases un Ousia:.

The Latin angelic doctor also says," When we say " Several Persons having Godhead , we do not imply diversity in God, or that imperfections should exist in Him, but rather we mean that The Divine Essence Comprehends within itself the Perfection of All being ( Ex 3:14)".

Context is always key ,and yet it always escapes you.

........ Alan

Back