Why do you guys worship Jesus as a god.

It does not say it in that way.
It does not say it in any way whatsoever.
It says he began as God.
"Who began as God"? Are you saying Jesus began as his father? Where is your scripture proof?
Then? He made himself to be as a man.
Who made himself a man? If he made himself a man then he made himself a man, not a God-man.
Then? Why did he have to make himself become as a man?????????
What scripture are you referring to? And who made himself become a man?
Philippians 2:5-8

Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus,
who, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God
as something to be exploited,
but emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
being born in human likeness.
And being found in human form,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to the point of death—
even death on a cross."
This passage does not say...Then? He made himself to be as a man.
I have patience.
You have nothing as far as I can see...

It does not say it in any way whatsoever.

"Who began as God"? Are you saying Jesus began as his father? Where is your scripture proof?

Who made himself a man? If he made himself a man then he made himself a man, not a God-man.

What scripture are you referring to? And who made himself become a man?

This passage does not say...Then? He made himself to be as a man.

You have nothing as far as I can see...
Let's cut to the chase, please.

What denomination is your thinking founded in?

I want to get a perspective as to what I need to address with you... if its possible.

Thank you.

When "a new song" is used in the Bible it ALWAYS refers to worship.
You are not very bright are you...read it slowly...

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

They are singing about a man...God cannot be slain neither does God have blood.
You have not, because you cannot. refute this.
I don't have to, you already refuted yourself.

Jesus is not two persons, is he?
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Because Thomas is not saying Jesus is God as you assume. this is what he understands...
Acts 7:56
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

He does not have to correct Thomas, you have to correct your misunderstanding. Jesus is Lord and the father is God...
Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You are not taking God's word, you are making up your own words...We do not overcome the world by believing that Jesus is God.
1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

There is no mention of a God the son in the scripture. If there was it means that there are more than one Gods.
Actually you have the cart before the horse. What do I mean? Your quoting Acts 2:36 thinking that God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ. Luke 2:11 states, "for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, WHO IS Christ the Lord."

If you would have bothered to read the context surrounding Acts 2:36 starting at vs29 you would have discovered that the resurrection of Jesus Christ declared or proved Him to be both Lord and Christ. Look at Romans 1:3-4. "concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, vs4, who was DECLARED the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord."

Also notice at Acts 2:34-35 "For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says, "The Lord said to my Lord, sit at My right hand, until I make my enemies a footstool for Thy feet." Who's the Lord in the verse? This alone shoots your presentation out of the water.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Last edited:
When "a new song" is used in the Bible it ALWAYS refers to worship.

You have not, because you cannot. refute this.
We are studying about worship at church . You have made a good point Fred with the new song , worship pertaining to God.

Actually you have the cart before the horse. What do I mean? Your quoting Acts 2:36 thinking that God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ. Luke 2:11 states, "for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, WHO IS Christ the Lord."
How does that help your argument when it says God made Jesus both Lord and Christ? You have to remember that God was not born. God being the father of Jesus made him both Lord and Christ. Nothing that you posted shows Jesus to be God. Try again.
If you would have bothered to read the context surrounding Acts 2:36 starting at vs29 you would have discovered that the resurrection of Jesus Christ declared or proved Him to be both Lord and Christ.
Which refutes your argument since God cannot die. Men die Jesus was a man who dies and was resurrected.
Look at Romans 1:3-4. "concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, vs4, who was DECLARED the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord."
Again this passage refutes your belief that Jesus is God, it says concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh. So Jesus is the son of God born flesh and a descendant of David. God is not a descendant of David.
Also notice at Acts 2:34-35 "For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says, "The Lord said to my Lord, sit at My right hand, until I make my enemies a footstool for Thy feet." Who's the Lord in the verse? This alone shoots your presentation out of the water.
Again you seem to miss the two Lords in the passage. It is taken from
Psalm 110:1
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
There is no other way to understand this except the father is speaking to his son...Therefore the Son is not God
IN GOD THE SON,
james
There is no God the Son. You are teaching false doctrine.

already proven
...to Jesus.
about Jesus...The father on the throne comes first.
because he is with his father...13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

What chase?

There are no denominations in Christ...

You need to address the scripture.

You are most welcome.
Newbirth ... I am going to rename you.

From now on... you're called, "Stillborn."

God had in his wisdom someone create the Ignore function for the likes of you.

"Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time.
After that, have nothing to do with them."

Titus 3:10​

Why is that in the Bible?

They had creeps back then.

And, your kind are still among us today.

Why do you guys worship Jesus as a god when it is very clear that God sent Jesus to us tho show us His way that we may be as the one He sent?

เล่นpg slot
Because the claims scripture make about Jesus are identical to and synonymous with what scripture claims about God. Either the scriptures themselves are heretical or they are true and valid. The same applies to Jesus' own words. He made claims about himself and his identity, not merely his attributes or actions, that are identical with claims God made about himself. This problem was recognized by the Jewish leaders of his day on every occasion when he was deemed to make himself equal to God. Either Jesus was correct or his critics were correct. Either he was a heretic or he was not. He was either blaspheming or he wasn't. Critics of Christ's divinity seek an explicit statement in which Jesus openly states he is God and does so in such a manner that removes all question. There is a refusal of any and all logical necessity and in many cases a reluctance to read scripture as written. An obvious example of that is the opening statement in John 1:1. Supposedly John didn't mean the logos was literally God. We're not supposed to read that exactly as written, we're supposed to read that through an unstated context that makes the sentence means something other than what it literally states. This too is why us guys worship Jesus as God.

If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck then it's probably a duck. Jesus claimed to look like God, smell like God, walk like God, and quack like God. He did not merely claim to be something other than a duck acting like a duck.

So we worship him according to his own teaching.

However, I will add something that isn't often considered in discussions of Christ's divinity and the worship thereof. There are different forms of worship. Even in worshipping Jesus there is a distinction between the worship of the Father that is God and the Son that is God. This is observable on every occasion in which Jesus acts to bring his Father glory. One notable example of this is Philippians 2. There it is written every knee will bow and confess Jesus as Lord. That will be an act of worship. In other words, every single creature (not merely humans) will bow down, not merely at the waist, but at the knee, and acknowledge Jesus as Lord over themselves. If he is Lord of all then he is Lord of those bowing. That is a form of worship. The Christian already worships Jesus as Lord and will not need to wait for that day when all others do so, BUT the Christian ALSO worships Jesus as Savior. We worship Jesus as both Lord and Savior. Those who do not know Jesus as the one who saves them from sin and wrath will still have to bow and acknowledge him as Lord. A day will come, according to Philippians 2, when all will do so. They'll acknowledge him as Lord, but there's no mention of them acknowledging him as Savior. Lord but not Savior. Both are forms of worship.

To what end?

According to the Philippians 2 text, all those knees are bowed in worship of Christ as Lord to the glory of the Father! In other words, the worship of Christ is not exclusive of worship of God. This would ordinarily be irreconcilable because of the dichotomy between worshiping one god versus worshiping another. This is something scripture otherwise speaks quite decisively against. When it comes to the worship of Christ this turns out to be a false dichotomy according to God's own word! The worship of other gods is idolatry, but the worship of the Son glorifies the Father. Arguing an opposition where none occurs is a false dichotomy. In the end every knee will bow and every tongue confess Jesus as Lord to the glory of the Father.

The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”

It's a curious verse because the LORD works in service of the Lord instead of the other way around.
.....to us tho show us His way that we may be as the one He sent?

เล่นpg slot
I will suggest some clarification or sorting out of that statement is in order because we're not Jesus and scripture never says we're Jesus. There is only one Christ. That word "Christ" or "Messiah" means "anointed one," and anyone can be anointed by God. In that sense of the term, anyone can be an anointed one, but not THE anointed one. There is only one "the" anointed one, even if there other "an" anointed ones. Jesus is THE one, and not merely the one for a period of time or a particular place. Jesus is the anointed one for all time in all areas and all circumstances. Our being like him does not make us him.

Furthermore, his coming to show us how to be "as" the one God sent is not the only reason he came, nor is his example the only means we have of being like him. In other words, a mistake would be made to think the only way we are "as the one" is by his showing. Logically speaking, an error of construction is committed whenever one part is made to be the whole.

You might also want to parse out the "we may be as the one" because that "we may be" part is not something we do. We are made like him, and that making is not merely through the influence of his example and our choices applied to our actions. That would be a woefully incomplete and therefore inadequate understanding of Christianity and what it means to be "Christlike." The assertion of scripture is that God literally comes into us in the form of His Holy (Separate and Sacred) Spirit and works within us to accomplish His purposes in our being, in our life, and those purposes are not limited to simply and solely making us like His son.

There is only one monogenes sarx egenetos (single-source made flesh) Son. All others are adopted sons (and daughters). This too is one of the reasons Jesus is worshiped as God.

How does that help your argument when it says God made Jesus both Lord and Christ? You have to remember that God was not born. God being the father of Jesus made him both Lord and Christ. Nothing that you posted shows Jesus to be God. Try again.

Which refutes your argument since God cannot die. Men die Jesus was a man who dies and was resurrected.

Again this passage refutes your belief that Jesus is God, it says concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh. So Jesus is the son of God born flesh and a descendant of David. God is not a descendant of David.

Again you seem to miss the two Lords in the passage. It is taken from
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
There is no other way to understand this except the father is speaking to his son...Therefore the Son is not God

There is no God the Son. You are teaching false doctrine.
Well let me ask you this question? Is it possible for God to become a man? I ask because angels are spirit beings and God used them to take the form of men. Genesis 18 is a very good example. Since this is true why can't God manifest Himself as a man, which He did in the person of His Son.

Also, this is brought out by the Apostle Paul at Philippians 2:5-11. Vs5, "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, vs6, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God to be grasped, (that word "although" is defined as "in spite of the fact" that Jesus Christ is God) vs7. but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant/man, and being made in the likeness of men."

Vs8, And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." So, here's my question again? If Jesus is just a man only like you believe, why does the Apostle Paul need to explain to us that Jesus appeared as a man?

Also, at Acts 20:28, Again Paul speaking, "Be on guard for yourselves and for the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, the shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood." It was the man Jesus who died physically, God did not die physically because God is a spiritual being. (John 4:24). Moreover, Jesus as a man died physically, not spiritually. All people are born with a sinful nature and we commit sin, and were thereby spiritually dead. When one puts his faith in Jesus Christ they are made spiritually alive.

This is not hard to understand. John 8:24, "I told you that you would die in your sins; IF you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins." What does Jesus mean? "I am he" (ego eimi) is the title for the Messiah and was applied by Jesus to himself, (See Exodus 3:14). Jesus allowed the Jews to interpret the "I am he" for themselves on the basis of what He said about himself. If they reject Him, He reiterated, "You shall die in your sins. This applies to all of us.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Newbirth ... I am going to rename you.
And so the adhom begins.
From now on... you're called, "Stillborn."
This is what you resort to when you cannot defend your position in a discussion.
God had in his wisdom someone create the Ignore function for the likes of you.
You ignore the scripture so it is not a problem if you ignore me.

"Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time.
After that, have nothing to do with them."

Titus 3:10​
And you have been warned many times.
Why is that in the Bible?
Perhaps because of people like you. Are you not the one asking about denominations? Is Christ divided by denominations?
They had creeps back then.
And yet here you are
And, your kind are still among us today.
I did not mention denominations did I? I posted the scriptures didn't I? So yes there are still people who post the scripture and do not support division by denomination as I do.

Well let me ask you this question? Is it possible for God to become a man?
No it is not possible for God to become a man, He can take the form of a man but he cannot become a man. Men are mortal God cannot become mortal.
I ask because angels are spirit beings and God used them to take the form of men.
They take the form of men but they do not become men.
Genesis 18 is a very good example.
That is an example of God taking the form of a man. He did not become a man. Men are mortal. God did not become mortal at that point, did he?
Since this is true why can't God manifest Himself as a man,
I never said God cannot manifest himself as a man. You are twisting the argument. God manifested himself as fire...He did not become fire did he?
which He did in the person of His Son.
Sorry, The son of God was born into the world as a man and he died as a man. You seem to be saying that God is his own son.
Also, this is brought out by the Apostle Paul at Philippians 2:5-11. Vs5, "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, vs6, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God to be grasped, (that word "although" is defined as "in spite of the fact" that Jesus Christ is God) vs7. but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant/man, and being made in the likeness of men."
You made a false statement... (that word "although" is defined as "in spite of the fact" that Jesus Christ is God) Jesus existed in the form of God does not mean Jesus is God. God is a spirit therefore Jesus was a spirit also. Jesus emptied himself and took the form of a man. Since Jesus emptied himself he was no longer a spirit but a man. That is not so hard to understand is it?
Vs8, And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Yes, so since Jesus was born a man who was he humbling to? And who was he being obedient to? Do you see how many holes your argument has?
" So, here's my question again? If Jesus is just a man only like you believe, why does the Apostle Paul need to explain to us that Jesus appeared as a man?
What part of ... And being found in appearance as a man ... do you not understand? Does it say the appearance of a God-man?
Also, at Acts 20:28, Again Paul speaking, "Be on guard for yourselves and for the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, the shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood."
You do know that God does not have blood, right? You do know that God cannot die, right? Those are two hints that Jesus is not God.
It was the man Jesus who died physically,
Therefore Jesus is not god.
God did not die physically because God is a spiritual being. (John 4:24).
And Jesus was a man...therefore God did not die for your sins a man did.
Moreover, Jesus as a man died physically, not spiritually.
Therefore Jesus was a man. You keep refuting your own argument.
All people are born with a sinful nature and we commit sin, and were thereby spiritually dead. When one puts his faith in Jesus Christ they are made spiritually alive.
This has nothing to do with the discussion. You found yourself in a hole. God cannot die...Jesus a man died for your sins. You Just proved it.
This is not hard to understand. John 8:24, "I told you that you would die in your sins; IF you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins." What does Jesus mean?
He means he is the one God sent...
"I am he" (ego eimi) is the title for the Messiah and was applied by Jesus to himself,
That is nonsense, Messiah refers to the anointed one. God sent the Messiah.
(See Exodus 3:14).
14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

This has nothing to do with John 8:24
Jesus allowed the Jews to interpret the "I am he" for themselves on the basis of what He said about himself. If they reject Him, He reiterated, "You shall die in your sins. This applies to all of us.
You are reading your own misunderstanding into the scripture. The Jews were waiting for the Messiah to come. Jesus was telling them that he is the Messiah.
Mark 14:61
But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
They knew the Messiah would come through the kingly line of David and they were expecting a warrior.
Acts 1:6
When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
IN GOD THE SON,
james
There is no God the son. There is the son of God.

Back