One Spirit

You said:
" I would say that it appears that nothing is reckoned/imputed to us."

scripture says
it was counted
it was accounted
it was imputed

so it appears that something is reckoned/imputed to us.

please justify your claim that nothing is reckoned/imputed to us.

Galatians 3:6
just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Romans 4:3, Romans 4:5, Romans 4:6
4:1 What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from work
Well there is obviously a division among Christians over this issue. So from the question from the OP:

So is there any other mechanism that God has given us to discern whose understanding is correct so that we may be united in the same mind and the same purpose with no divisions among us?

Well there is obviously a division among Christians over this issue. So from the question from the OP:

So is there any other mechanism that God has given us to discern whose understanding is correct so that we may be united in the same mind and the same purpose with no divisions among us?
ok so tell us what is authoritative teachings of those verses

Well since, according to nCCs, no one has been given teaching authority then interpretations don't mean a whole lot.
are you retracting your statement?

Pope Dingoling
The wine is the new covenant and obviously went into effect with the words of Jesus at the Last Supper
vs

The Vatican
[15-22] Jesus' role as mediator of the new covenant is based upon his sacrificial death (cf Hebrews 8:6). His death has effected deliverance from transgressions, i.e., deliverance from sins committed under the old covenant, which the Mosaic sacrifices were incapable of effacing. Until this happened, the eternal inheritance promised by God could not be obtained ( Hebrews 9:15). This effect of his work follows the human pattern by which a last will and testament becomes effective only with the death of the testator ( Hebrews 9:16-17). The Mosaic covenant was also associated with death, for Moses made use of blood to seal the pact between God and the people ( Hebrews 9:18-21). In Old Testament tradition, guilt could normally not be remitted without the use of blood ( Hebrews 9:22; cf Lev 17:11).

"14 [16-17] A will . . . death of the testator: the same Greek word diatheke, meaning "covenant" in Hebrews 9:15, 18, is used here with the meaning will.
The new covenant, unlike the old, is at the same time a will that requires the death of the testator. Jesus as eternal Son is the one who established the new covenant together with his Father, author of both covenants;
at the same time he is the testator whose death puts his will into effect."

ok so tell us what is authoritative teachings of those verses

The CC teaches that their is no contradictions of their teachings with scripture. So you answer to the OP doesn't work.

So back to the question of the OP again:

The CC teaches that their is no contradictions of their teachings with scripture. So you answer to the OP doesn't work.

So back to the question of the OP again:

yes Scripture is the mechanism:
the whole council of Scripture

it is true that the CC teaches that their is no contradictions of their teachings with scripture.
OF COURSE That is what the CC teaches.
DOES ANYONE EXPECT ANY CHURCH TO SAY THAY ARE CONTRADICTING SCRIPTURE?
QUESTION--->Do you think your beliefs contradict Scripture

CC teaches that their is no contradictions of their teachings with scripture
HOWEVER That teaching is also in error:
There are contradictions of their teachings with scripture."

Last edited:
yes Scripture is the mechanism:
the whole council of Scripture

it is true that the CC teaches that their is no contradictions of their teachings with scripture.
OF COURSE That is what the CC teaches.
DOES ANYONE EXPECT ANY CHURCH TO SAY THAY ARE CONTRADICTING SCRIPTURE?
QUESTION--->Do you think your beliefs contradict Scripture

CC teaches that their is no contradictions of their teachings with scripture
HOWEVER That teaching is also in error:
There are contradictions of their teachings with scripture."

So I guess it depends on one's understanding of scripture whether a doctrine contradicts Scripture or not. According to your own personal understanding of scripture it does.

So I guess it depends on one's understanding of scripture whether a doctrine contradicts Scripture or not. According to your own personal understanding of scripture it does.
You have, personally, decided the RCc is correct in its teachings. Therefore, you are guilty of the same thing you are cudgeling others with. This is the same-ol' same-ol' ding. Rules for thee, not for me.

You have, personally, decided the RCc is correct in its teachings. Therefore, you are guilty of the same thing you are cudgeling others with. This is the same-ol' same-ol' ding. Rules for thee, not for me.
The thread is about how the issues get resolved so we are one just as Jesus and his Father are one - that is what Jesus prayed for.

That's your claim but in reality this thread is about you, bringing out your favorite cudgel, the bread and wine and your claiming no one has the "authority" to interpret the Scripture but the RCc. It's very transparent ding.
No you are wrong the bread and wine are just an example that I used those Christians are divided over.

How are these differences resolved since we are to be one just as Jesus and his Father are one?

No you are wrong the bread and wine are just an example that I used those Christians are divided over.

How are these differences resolved since we are to be one just as Jesus and his Father are one?
your referenced verse is about our potion in Christ

ALL believers (the ekklesia/ the church) are 100% united in the position in Christ

Where is this term in Scripture?
the word "in" as used in the below context is referring to a position.
If you think the word "in" as used below is referring to something other than a position ; now is your chance

John 17: 20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Ephesians 2:6 “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:” –

Galatians 3
26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ

Last edited:
Back