what is Semitism?

is Chinese Buddhism a Buddhism?

"Buddhism was first introduced to China during the Han Dynasty (202 BCE–220 CE). The translation of a large body of Indian Buddhist scriptures into Chinese..."

Although chinese buddhism is buddhism, it is different from other buddhisms in that it combined with taoism. Ch'an buddhism is also called Zen Buddhism in Japan.

So why did you bring up buddhism in the Judaism room, when there is a buddhism room?

Although chinese buddhism is buddhism, it is different from other buddhisms in that it combined with taoism. Ch'an buddhism is also called Zen Buddhism in Japan.

So why did you bring up buddhism in the Judaism room, when there is a buddhism room?
Good point. I guess he likes the company over here. ;)

Good point. I guess he likes the company over here. ;)
I suspect he is irritated at my post in the MJ room on "Is MJ a judaism." The thing is, though, a question about MJ belongs in the MJ room. A question on buddhism doesn't belong in the judaism room.

There are Chinese Jews who practice Judaism
so the difference is that the latter are ethnic/marriage Jews? or is that not important to practice a Judaism?

I think Tanakh might say Anyone could observe and be considered a part of the Congregation (?)

Last edited:
so the difference is that the latter are ethnic/marriage Jews? or is that not important to practice a Judaism?

I think Tanakh might say Anyone could observe and be considered a part of the Congregation (?)
I told you, they are the descendents of Jews who fled to shanghai and converts to Judaism that were adopted into the People marrying each other. This is not hard to understand. In addition to Jewish identity, there is the question of whether they practice Judaism. Some do, some don't, just like with Jews anywhere else.

It takes more than just observing the 613 to be a Jew. Jews have to accept you into the People, and we do that through formal conversion process.

I told you, they are the descendents of Jews who fled to shanghai and converts to Judaism that were adopted into the People marrying each other. This is not hard to understand. In addition to Jewish identity, there is the question of whether they practice Judaism. Some do, some don't, just like with Jews anywhere else.

if a gentile eats kosher, is that Judaism?
if a gentile observes the 7th day of the week, is that Judaism?
if a gentile observes Passover, is that Judaism?
if a gentile studies the Hebrew Bible, is that Judaism?
if a gentile believes the covenant promises, is that Judaism?

observing the 613 to be a Jew.
no one does this -
Rabbinic Judaism isn't biblical/Mosaic Judaism

Jews have to accept you into the People, and we do that through formal conversion process
by which Jews?
you said not all are even observant or Religious

Last edited:
if a gentile eats kosher, is that Judaism?
if a gentile observes the 7th day of the week, is that Judaism?
if a gentile observes Passover, is that Judaism?
if a gentile studies the Hebrew Bible, is that Judaism?
if a gentile believes the covenant promises, is that Judaism?
No, because they do it voluntarily. In Judaism, it is the obligation of thecovenant.

And again, you are focusing on minutiae. The core is the primacy of Torah as understood by Oral Torah. What Gentile does that?
no one does this -
Rabbinic Judaism isn't biblical/Mosaic Judaism
Judaism is Torah as understood through the lense of Oral Torah.
by which Jews?
you said not all are even observant or Religious
Because not all Jews practice Judaism. Many are , i.e., atheist.

Judaism is Torah as understood through the lense of Oral Torah.
you've never even been to Israel, much less Jerusalem
no matter how many Jews say "next year in Jerusalem...", they don't necessarily do

understanding a certain way isn't doing -
I'd reckon the Talmud admits that what they are now is not biblical/Mosaic Judaism

no matter how many Jews say "next year in Jerusalem...", they don't necessarily do

I'd reckon the Talmud admits that what they are now is not biblical/Mosaic Judaism
Mosaic Judaism is based on oral Torah. God gave the authority to the Judges, Rabbis, Deut 17:8-13. Jesus admits this as well.

Mosaic Judaism is based on oral Torah. God gave the authority to the Judges, Rabbis, Deut 17:8-13. Jesus admits this as well.
yes, a judiciary is needed to enforce a Law
doesn't by default mean post 75ad Rabbinicism is biblical/Mosaic Judaism

Last edited:
any Jews being put to death for breaking Sabbath? is there even that threat to them concerning anything Law related presently?

where there is no penalty, there is no transgression
and if no real Lawful transgression is possible, there is no real Law keeping either

Last edited:
any Jews being put to death for breaking Sabbath? is there even that threat to them concerning anything Law related presently?
Capital punishment by the courts, the Sanhedrin, would be required to be in place for that to happen.

Though, there's always the threat that death can happen by the hand of heaven.

where there is no penalty, there is no transgression
Hmmm... is there a penalty for everyone's daily sins? Or is no sinning going on since people aren't dying on the spot?

and if no real Lawful transgression is possible, there is no real Law keeping either
Then we never needed Jesus. ;)

Capital punishment by the courts, the Sanhedrin, would be required to be in place for that to happen.
Though, there's always the threat that death can happen by the hand of heaven.
Hmmm... is there a penalty for everyone's daily sins? Or is no sinning going on since people aren't dying on the spot?
no one is keeping the Law currently, only observing stuff from it
and that is not biblical/Mosaic Judaism...it is something else

that is why I think it is weird when even some gentiles of all people try to say they are keeping the Law

I don't hae to live in Israel to know what Judaism is.

Back