1 Jn 5:2. Jesus=God

Towerwatchman

1 Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Who is the true God? English 101 "This is" refers to the last name mentioned, =Jesus Christ.

1 Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Who is the true God? English 101 "This is" refers to the last name mentioned, =Jesus Christ.

In other words...

The true God = Jesus.

Correct?

I believe so.

English 101.

Note: YOU are the one who chose the equal sign.

Last edited:
In both post, you are using arithmetic to argue a mathematical statement. Arithmetic is not mathematics. I’ll let you figure it out.
As a trinitarian I have no problem with Jesus = God.

Phil 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, existing in the form of God,
did not consider equality with God (Jesus = God)
something to be grasped,

Have to keep in mind what is Jesus equal to?
In Philippines, 2:6 Jesus is equal to God in quality and quantity. That is what the word equal means in the Greek.
God is the father, son, Holy Spirit.
Jesus is God but not the father or the Holy Spirit.
The Father is God, but not the Son or the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is God but not the Son or the Father

In Philippines, 2:6 Jesus is equal to God in quality and quantity. That is what the word equal means in the Greek.
God is the father, son, Holy Spirit.
Jesus is God but not the father or the Holy Spirit.
The Father is God, but not the Son or the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is God but not the Son or the Father
I agree.....and we must keep in mind all 3 exist at the same time and have always existed at the same time....and will always exist at the same time.
Yahchristian broken theology will disgree with that truth.

But YOU used an equal sign, NOT a Greek word.

So... is this true?

The true God = Jesus

I say Yes.

P.S.

When you use an equal sign, you are no longer doing Arithmetic, An equal sign makes it an equation, which is Math.

And A=B means B=A is Math 101.

The Holy Spirit is not the Son

*Chuckle*

So why does The SPIRIT say "I will acknowledge that name before MY FATHER"?

Rev 3:5-6
I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. 6 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Why does The SPIRIT cry out "Father Father"?

Gal 4:6
And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

Last edited:

True English tells us that when the Son of God has come we know him (the Father) that is true and we are in him (the Father) that is true , even in his (the Father) Son Jesus. This is the true God and eternal life. It is saying we will know the true God through the Son.

*Chuckle*

So why does The SPIRIT say "I will acknowledge that name before MY FATHER"?

Rev 3:5-6
I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. 6 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Why does The SPIRIT cry out "Father Father"?

Gal 4:6
And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
Because The Spirit of The Son is The Holy Spirit.

1) So is this statement true?

Jesus = God.

2) And is this statement true?

God = Jesus.

I say both statements are true
  • Monotheism = there is only one true God.
    • There are three divine persons called “God” in the Bible.
    • Within the one being that is God there exist eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
      • “Person” refers to the center of consciousness and includes the idea of mind, will and desire.
      • Just as I am a being with one center of self-consciousness, who I call “I”, God is a being with three centers of self-consciousness each of which can say “I”.
        • I am the Father.
        • I am the Son.
        • I am the Holy Spirit.
          • Each has a first-person perspective.
      • They are three distinct persons.
        • The Father is not identical to the Son or the Holy Spirit.
        • The Son is not identical to the Father or the Holy Spirit
        • The Holy Spirit is not identical to the Son or to the Father.
          • They are not independent of each other they still belong to the same being.
      • Since each is divine they share the attributes of deity.
        • God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
        • The Father is God and not the Son or the Holy Spirit.
        • The Son is God but not the Father or Holy Spirit.
        • The Holy Spirit is God but not the Father or Son.
  • “Co-equal” fully shared the being that is God never one third.
  • “ Coeternal” all three exist within eternity, one did not exist before the other
    • God= what.
    • Three persons= who.
As to your statement. That is modalism.

But YOU used an equal sign, NOT a Greek word.
Phil 2:6
6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [a]robbery to be equal with God,

Equal = 2470 ἴσος [isos /ee•sos/] adj. Probably from 1492 (through the idea of seeming); TDNT 3:343; TDNTA 370; GK 2698; Eight occurrences; AV translates as “equal” four times, “agree together + 2258” twice, “as much” once, and “like” once. 1 equal, in quantity or quality.

When you use an equal sign, you are no longer doing Arithmetic, An equal sign makes it an equation, which is Math.

And A=B means B=A is Math 101.
You are using arithmetic to argue mathematics.
A=B B=A when you are discussing amounts or values in the abstract.
for example A represents. 5x5, B represents 20+5.
Vs.
5 nickels = 1 quarter
How?
in monetary value.
But in every aspect are 5 nickels equal to 1 quarter?
No.
Same applies to Jesus=God.
One has to ask how?
equal, in quantity or quality.

I agree.....and we must keep in mind all 3 exist at the same time and have always existed at the same time....and will always exist at the same time.
Yahchristian broken theology will disgree with that truth.
Co-equal” fully shared the being that is God never one third.

“ Coeternal” all three exist within eternity, one did not exist before the other.

Back