The origins of the RC Denomination?

The only Christian institution that has stood the test of time and has endured from the very beginning until now, the only one that has a history is the Catholic church. If it were as evil as you make it out to be it would not have endured.
Oh what a load of hogwash. If that statement were true then why do we still have buddhism, who do we still have hinduism. Evil survives and endures. Buddhism goes back to before the RCC. Hinduism is the same they both started well before the birth of Jesus. You know if you want to make a point, you need something with a little substance in truth.

I suggest you read post 40 and post 23.
I have now done so. Post 23 is about things that happened in 1492 and 1478, which of course have no bearing on the origin question, as this was a long time after.

The St Thomas Christians are evidence of the RCs and how they destroyed other Christian religions.
If you refer to the community established in 780-823 AD, that also is well beyond the founding of the Catholic Church, and therefore not relevant to the origin question.

The apostles never once prayed to the dead, please provide some evidence for such.
Yes, we have heard that before, and as before the answer is the same. Absence of evidence in the bible is not proof that something is wrong.

The lack of mention of things in scripture does not make it true either.
I know we have a disagreement over the epistemology of religious doctrine.

Yep it is easy to make out things are speculation when you don't like what they say.
..or when they actually are speculation.

It is typical RC justification of their false history, teachings and practices.
It is not justification of anything. It is refutation of something.

Saying something is speculation is not evidence.
I didn't say it was. It is simply true by examination.

By the way then we can also say and defend the true history by using your words - The lack of mention of these things is not evidence that they are not true.
Where have Catholics ever used the lack of mention of something as justification for a belief?
It is not laughable at all and it is what it did. So you are denying the evidence of the control and political power of the RCC.
No. I am only denying the power that no earthly organization has ever had - to totally erase all records of such a huge thing as 300 years of Christianity.

Really. I mean one pope had a king stand in the snow for 3 days.
Did that erase all written record of the event? Obviously not, since you know about it.

All winners had such power and that is an historical fact.
No, they never have had such power. Even when the winners dominate the historical record, there is still subculture comprised of the losers who remember and pass it down so that it is eventually revealed. But even now, when non-Catholic churches have comparable political power, that missing historical record still has not surfaced.

That's what this thread is about. The origin of the rc denomination. You still have not refuted the article.
Got Questions is a protestant site -- 'Sally' is a supposed 'expert' on Catholicism. She can't be taken seriously.

If that statement were true then why do we still have buddhism, who do we still have hinduism. Evil survives and endures. Buddhism goes back to before the RCC. Hinduism is the same they both started well before the birth of Jesus.
These are not Christian religions. The statement you quoted was specifically about Christian religions. Of course there were and continue to be non-Christian religions. That is neither here nor there.

Empty words. Prove it.
Well, as to the scholarly part, that part is obvious. A real scholarly article is rich in citations of external and trusted references. This one has none. That also shows it is not well researched.

Of course it does. Deep down you know it's true.

Unfortunately, our eternal life is not a joke.

You have not shown they are false. Your word means nothing. Show us it is false.
I have studied the history of Christianity at the university and have read numerous books on it. The article you have posted is a joke.

The replies from RCs is what we expect, deny the truth, deny the truth and pretend it isn't real. Throw doubt on the truth and hope no one notices you have no evidence of your false truth.
The article that was posted is not the truth.

Oh what a load of hogwash. If that statement were true then why do we still have buddhism, who do we still have hinduism. Evil survives and endures. Buddhism goes back to before the RCC. Hinduism is the same they both started well before the birth of Jesus. You know if you want to make a point, you need something with a little substance in truth.
The nCCs don't have a history dating back to Jesus and the apostles. Why doesn't the true Christians faith have a history? That is very much a concern.

So no refutation of the info in the article? Got it.
The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately AD 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?

Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit would guide us into all the truth. Not all truth concerning the Christian faith were fully known at the time of the apostles.

What the writer of the article and the nCCs don't acknowledge is that scripture alone as being the final/sole authority for the Christian faith was not taught by Jesus or his apostles. The article has just been refuted.

I have now done so. Post 23 is about things that happened in 1492 and 1478, which of course have no bearing on the origin question, as this was a long time after.

If you refer to the community established in 780-823 AD, that also is well beyond the founding of the Catholic Church, and therefore not relevant to the origin question.

Yes, we have heard that before, and as before the answer is the same. Absence of evidence in the bible is not proof that something is wrong.

I know we have a disagreement over the epistemology of religious doctrine.

..or when they actually are speculation.

It is not justification of anything. It is refutation of something.

I didn't say it was. It is simply true by examination.

Where have Catholics ever used the lack of mention of something as justification for a belief?

No. I am only denying the power that no earthly organization has ever had - to totally erase all records of such a huge thing as 300 years of Christianity.

Did that erase all written record of the event? Obviously not, since you know about it.

No, they never have had such power. Even when the winners dominate the historical record, there is still subculture comprised of the losers who remember and pass it down so that it is eventually revealed. But even now, when non-Catholic churches have comparable political power, that missing historical record still has not surfaced.
Oh it does that a lot to do with it, it is the ongoing evidence of the RCC trying to cover up its evil history.

Your institution looks nothing like the Way, its practices are different and its teachings are different. It does not follow Jesus for a start, its actions are the evidence that it does not follow Him.

No it is not simply true by examination at all, your speculation is just false history,

Yep absence of answers does not prove your false claims, teachings and practices. No matter how much you wish it was true. It is a very poor defence.

You follow false practices and then try to justify it by claiming it does not need to be scriptural. Where does God suggest to ignore His word?

You have refuted nothing, you have just tried to justify what is false.

Oh I cannot be bothered with this rubbish, you fail to prove the op was wrong and you appeal to nothingness does not support your false beliefs at all.

Back