Faith Alone

you did not clarify anything you added "faith alone"

faith is faith... there is no mention of authentic faith in the scripture... It is just faith... Faith with works and faith without works which is ineffective.

So faith is not alone

Show me how you got through Christ without works.

That "works" is referring to the law

You are shooting yourself in the foot. You just said that faith that remains alone is ineffective. But you teach faith alone.

Stand by what you teach. You said "faith alone" So did you mean Faith alone that trusts in Christ alone for salvation is not ineffective? You just posted that faith alone is ineffective.

It means faith without works is ineffective...therefore it cannot produce anything

But I never said faith is dead UNTIL it produces works and then it becomes a living faith. I said faith without works is dead. I repeated what James said.

Yep, James said faith without works is dead. Therefore your faith that is alone cannot produce anything.

So in other words, faith alone is dead.

That would be faith alone...

If you cannot see it yourself do you think I can see it for you. You just summed it up perfectly...If someone merely says-claims (key word) they have faith(alone), yet lack resulting evidential works,then they demonstrate that they have an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not authentic faith. (James 2:14) Simple!

What is it with you and this talk about alone ...Jesus said he is not alone.

Are you saying that man is saved by faith alone? You just demonstrated that faith alone is ineffective.

Jesus is never alone sir...
John 8:16
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
John 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
John 16:32
Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
I did not expect you to understand.

You cannot expect someone to understand rubbish...
You did not understand on Christian Chat and you still don't understand. All you want to do is argue, argue, argue. I'm not wasting anymore of my time beating a dead horse.

I too am a sinner.
You cannot be both a sinner and a servant of righteousness...
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Sinners are servants of sin. You should be a servant of righteousness.
From reading your post I have to ask....what makes you think so?
Romans 1:7
To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace toyou and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

We are called to be saints not to be sinners.
After reading your last sentence....it looks like as a sinner you will not inherit the kingdom of God.
I never claimed to be a sinner you did...

You cannot be both a sinner and a servant of righteousness...
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Sinners are servants of sin. You should be a servant of righteousness.

Romans 1:7
To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace toyou and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

We are called to be saints not to be sinners.

I never claimed to be a sinner you did...
LOL...you're still a sinner Newbirth. If you tell me you don't sin I'll call you a liar.

LOL...you're still a sinner Newbirth.
No, I told you that I am a saint...
If you tell me you don't sin I'll call you a liar.
1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

If a saint sins they confess, repent and God forgives them...

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Your problem is that you don't confess your sins...

Ummm....ok

”Every man has the right to an opinion but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts. Nor, above all, to persist in errors as to facts.” Bernard Baruch 1946 October 9, The Galveston Daily News, (AP article dateline Oct. 8), Baruch Upholds U.S. Atom Plan; Hits at Wallace, Quote Page 1, Column 3, Galveston, Texas (NewspaperArchive)

LOL...you're still a sinner Newbirth. If you tell me you don't sin I'll call you a liar.
1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness.

”Every man has the right to an opinion but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts. Nor, above all, to persist in errors as to facts.” Bernard Baruch 1946 October 9, The Galveston Daily News, (AP article dateline Oct. 8), Baruch Upholds U.S. Atom Plan; Hits at Wallace, Quote Page 1, Column 3, Galveston, Texas (NewspaperArchive)
What is it that you want me to accept that haven't already conveyed?

Have you confessed your sins? Todays sins?
What makes you think I sinned today...If it were not possible John and Jesus would not have told us to not sin.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

Here is Jesus telling a person who did not have the HS to go and sin no more...
John 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Was Jesus mocking him? Was it an impossible task that Jesus set upon him?
Jesus died so that you could receive the same HS which was in him and you seem to be telling me that you cannot stop sinning? If that is the case you are not worthy of the kingdom.

1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
So when you confess your sins and you are forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness. Do you say that you still have sins?
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
This verse would be referring to having never sinned. It is not saying that we have no sins because we cannot have any sins if the sins have been forgiven.
Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness.
Who made such a claim? No one did. We attain our sinlessness through abstaining from sins and being forgiven if we sin. The fact that no man can be abiding in Christ with sin is proof of this. Can you abide in Christ with sins? How is that possible? Since both you and Crowcross boet about being sinners is proof that you are not abiding in Christ.
John 15:6
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

You have called me a liar many times. I did not tell you I don't sin. I don't practice sin and I know how to get forgiveness of sins. Therefore I am not a sinner who is abiding in Jesus. Those who practice sin and don't know how to be forgiven of sins are sinners and cannot abide in Jesus until they stop being sinners.

1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness.
Notice that - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Certain people misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and "if we forget a sin we are toast!" Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.

So when you confess your sins and you are forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness. Do you say that you still have sins?

This verse would be referring to having never sinned. It is not saying that we have no sins because we cannot have any sins if the sins have been forgiven.

Who made such a claim? No one did. We attain our sinlessness through abstaining from sins and being forgiven if we sin. The fact that no man can be abiding in Christ with sin is proof of this. Can you abide in Christ with sins? How is that possible? Since both you and Crowcross boet about being sinners is proof that you are not abiding in Christ.
John 15:6
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
I was not talking to you and all you want to do is argue and stir up contention anyway. Reasoning through the scriptures with you is not difficult.
It's IMPOSSIBLE!

What makes you think I sinned today...If it were not possible John and Jesus would not have told us to not sin.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

Here is Jesus telling a person who did not have the HS to go and sin no more...
John 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Was Jesus mocking him? Was it an impossible task that Jesus set upon him?
Jesus died so that you could receive the same HS which was in him and you seem to be telling me that you cannot stop sinning? If that is the case you are not worthy of the kingdom.
Are you saying you have stopped sinning? Completely, 100%????

You have called me a liar many times. I did not tell you I don't sin. I don't practice sin and I know how to get forgiveness of sins. Therefore I am not a sinner who is abiding in Jesus. Those who practice sin and don't know how to be forgiven of sins are sinners and cannot abide in Jesus until they stop being sinners.
Nudging the goal post?
If you "know how to get forgiveness of sins"...then you still must sin.

or

Do you believe just your past sins are forgiven and not your future sins...because you won't have any future sins to be forgiven?

I call you a liar because you claim you no longer sin...and you still do sin. The truthful claim for a believer is that they still sin but because of Christ Jesus that sin won't be counted against them.....as their sins were imputed to Christ Jesus as He hung on the cross....then Christ Jesus righteousness was imputed to the believer.

Are you saying you have stopped sinning? Completely, 100%????
Did I write that anywhere? This is hoe Peter puts it...
1 Pet 4
1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

Back