Faith Alone

Nudging the goal post?
If you "know how to get forgiveness of sins"...then you still must sin.
I made my position clear to you...that is why you asked...
CrowCross said:
Have you confessed your sins? Todays sins?

You are making a strawman argument.
or

Do you believe just your past sins are forgiven and not your future sins...because you won't have any future sins to be forgiven?
I have already made my position clear to you and it is clear that you understood...you already asked...
CrowCross said:
Have you confessed your sins? Today's sins?

So why the silly arguments?
I call you a liar because you claim you no longer sin...and you still do sin.
Your misunderstanding was clarified here...
Newbirth said:
You have called me a liar many times. I did not tell you I don't sin. I don't practice sin and I know how to get forgiveness of sins.
The truthful claim for a believer is that they still sin but because of Christ Jesus that sin won't be counted against them
A believer must make it clear that they do not practice sin. To say that you still sin gives the impression that you are continuing in sin. If a believer sins that sin will be counted against him if he does not confess it and repent or change his attitude towards it then it will take him to hell.
.....as their sins were imputed to Christ Jesus as He hung on the cross.
That is rubbish. If that were the case then the sins of all men would have been imputed to Jesus and all men would be sin free. There would be no need for anyone to be forgiven after that.
...then Christ Jesus righteousness was imputed to the believer.
You are claiming all that happened while Jesus was on the cross to the believers. How does it apply to the unbelievers who became believers afterward? You were not at the cross and you were not always a believer. So when were your sins imputed to Jesus and when was his righteousness imputed to you?

I was not talking to you and all you want to do is argue and stir up contention anyway. Reasoning through the scriptures with you is not difficult.
It's IMPOSSIBLE!
Open forum...You are not reasoning through the scriptures...This is your argument...
Certain people misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and "if we forget a sin we are toast!" Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.
This is Jesus' take on the matter
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

The first issue is, when do you pray? Vs 7
The second issue is, do you forgive those who sin against you if you don't you won't be forgiven. Vs 14 and 15
The third issue is where did you come up with the idea that you and God have an agreement where you can sin and be automatically forgiven?
I can't find that agreement in the bible.

I said.........as their sins were imputed to Christ Jesus as He hung on the cross.

You a sinner replied back with....
That is rubbish. If that were the case then the sins of all men would have been imputed to Jesus and all men would be sin free.
Why would that be true?

What do you do with your current sins?

I said.........as their sins were imputed to Christ Jesus as He hung on the cross.

You a sinner replied back with....

Why would that be true?
Because your claim is their sins were imputed to Christ Jesus as He hung on the cross. Your belief is past present and future sins all went into Jesus as he hung on the cross.
That means any person who would eventually become a believer their sins were imputed back then.
What do you do with your current sins?
I don't practice sin to have current sins. If I do happen to sin I confess that I have sinned and I will be forgiven. So why would I have current sins?

Because your claim is their sins were imputed to Christ Jesus as He hung on the cross. Your belief is past present and future sins all went into Jesus as he hung on the cross.
That means any person who would eventually become a believer their sins were imputed back then.
As they say, their sins were...nailed to the cross.
I don't practice sin to have current sins. If I do happen to sin I confess that I have sinned and I will be forgiven. So why would I have current sins?
"If I do happen to sin"...glad to see you're singing a new tune now. At least you are now admitting you sin.

Because you still sin.
If I do I confess and I will be forgiven. The reason for this is that one cannot abide in Christ with sin. Let's see what James says...
James 1
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

This is why a person in Christ cannot sin...A man is tempted when he is drawn away from Christ by his own lust.
Here is what Paul says...
1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

We know that temptation is not a sin therefore a believer must know when he is tempted before he sins. God also makes a way to escape from sin. So why do you try to make it as if not sinning is impossible?
It seems to me that you probably enjoy sinning.

Are you still saying you go through the day and don't sin at all?
That is not an impossible feat. A believer will know if he is tempted. that is a sign that he was drawn away. He does not have to sin. But even if he is tempted God makes a way of escape, so that he could bear the temptation and not sin. These things are in your bible, sir.
You're as perfect as Christ?
This is in your bible, sir.
Why do you suppose God gave us the HS?
Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Eph 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

As they say, their sins were...nailed to the cross.
They are misquoting the scriptures...You should look up these things before you repeat them. It makes you look silly.
"If I do happen to sin"...glad to see you're singing a new tune now.
It is not a new tune. If it was you would not have asked me...
CrowCross said:
At least you are now admitting you sin.
You keep making yourself look silly...I said I don't practice sin. If you think for some reason I meant that I did not sin why did you ask
CrowCross said:

Give your definition of what the term faith alone means.​

Faith in Jesus means he completely takes over the rest of your life. You do not do your own personal desires any longer since Christ himself pilots your body of flesh and you trust that his way leads to eternal life. Instead of depending on yourself, you deny yourself. Your own works are useless since you are flesh and the flesh is hostile to the will of God.

And since this term, doesn’t stand alone in a vacuum tell us what justification means.​

In Christ, we become the righteousness of God.

No shortage of fakers claiming to be in Christ just as Jesus said there would be.

Last edited:
If a circle has corners, is it still a circle, and if so, how?
We’re not circles.
Saved Christians don't "willfully reject a known commandment".
“There shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them. . . . And many shall follow their pernicious ways. . . . And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you, . . . beguiling unstable souls” (2 Peter 2:1–3, 14)
Salvation starts off by being regenerated by God, with God taking out our old heart of stone, and replacing it with a God-loving heart of flesh.
4 who will have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:4
Salvation is not simply "obeying commandments", nor is it nothing but a "decision" someone makes. It is God quickening us to a new life in Christ.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30).

How do you define "Faith Alone"?

Does faith alone mean "lawlessness" where we completely disregard the commandments?

Well, the Bible is about a lot more than faith, but one would have to not receive Jesus as their Lord in order to justify a faith alone belief system.

To answer the other part of your question, yes, deferring solely to faith would require giving no respect to Jesus’ Lordship and would, in effect, be the same as lawlessness. Jesus said so himself, referring to those who did many good things, but failed to do God’s will, and were told to depart from him because they were actually workers of iniquity.

Well, the Bible is about a lot more than faith, but one would have to not receive Jesus as their Lord in order to justify a faith alone belief system.
This makes sense only if one disregards the biblical observation that it is only in, with, and through Christ's faith that salvation, and his lordship is possible to begin with.
To answer the other part of your question, yes, deferring solely to faith would require giving no respect to Jesus’ Lordship
Without Christ's faith, lordship is impossible.
and would, in effect, be the same as lawlessness. Jesus said so himself, referring to those who did many good things, but failed to do God’s will, and were told to depart from him because they were actually workers of iniquity.
No one can do God's will without the faith of Christ implanted within the new creation.

This makes sense only if one disregards the biblical observation that it is only in, with, and through Christ's faith that salvation, and his lordship is possible to begin with.

Without Christ's faith, lordship is impossible.

No one can do God's will without the faith of Christ implanted within the new creation.

Hence faith without works is dead. Christ is both a Lord and Savior.

To answer the other part of your question, yes, deferring solely to faith would require giving no respect to Jesus’ Lordship and would, in effect, be the same as lawlessness. Jesus said so himself, referring to those who did many good things, but failed to do God’s will, and were told to depart from him because they were actually workers of iniquity.

What do you mean by saying we have to receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior? Without a proper definition that is supported by the Bible this statement is meaningless. Also exegete this statement by Jesus , "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, `You must be born again.
'

It's a proclamation of our dying to sin and being made alive in Christ.

21 There is also an antitype which now saves us--baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 1 Peter 3:21

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3

Acts 22:16

16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Back