DEBATE: Is prayer to Mary & the saints worship?

No I didn't. I used her term appropriately. If The Way disappeared from history early on, then they became bonnie's "dead in Christ". If they didn't, then The Way was not the way.

Or does it bother you that The Way may have changed its name instead?
Yes, you did misuse what I wrote. I never said the Way disappeared from history "early on." I have said repeatedly on here that RCCers pray to the saints dead in the Lord, or the dead in Christ. Here is one such place on this thread:

And here, from another thread:

And there are many more examples.

Paul even calls them the "dead in Christ." Did HE think that the Way disappeared early on?

Last edited:
I used your term appropriately. If The Way went out of existence 2000 years ago, then what became of those people??

I never wrote that the Way went out of existence, 2000 years ago, nor implied it. The dead in Christ are the saints dead in the Lord. Even Paul calls them the "dead in Christ." What is so hard to understand about that?
Are they now "the dead in Christ", as you like to call the saints in heaven, or were they lost? Which one?
Paul calls dead saints the "dead in Christ" whom he states will be the first to be resurrected at the Second Coming. Did Paul think they were lost?

Yes, you did misuse what I wrote. I never said the Way disappeared from history "early on." I have said repeatedly on here that RCCers pray to the saints dead in the Lord, or the dead in Christ. Here is one such place on this thread:

And here, from another thread:

And there are many more examples.

Paul even calls them the "dead in Christ." Did HE think that the Way disappeared early on?
Did I say you did? No?
Then what happened to it? Where are its writings throughout the centuries? Who were the bishops?

Did I say you did? No?
Then what happened to it? Where are its writings throughout the centuries? Who were the bishops?

I just told you on page 14, post #280 of this thread that the believers in Antioch, spoke so much about Christ, that the people living in Antioch, began calling believer's Christians. By Acts 26, the title "Christian" was well known throughout the Roman world. They had a name change from "the way" to "Christians".

It wasn't till constantine, that your institution took on the name ROMAN catholic church. Christians were persecuted very heavily by the roman empire until constantine's conversion. constantine, made Christianity the state and empirical religion of the entire roman empire. Constantine, still had one foot in paganism and one foot in Christianity.

Whatever the church was like between john the apostle and the conversion of constantine, was no more, for constantine, saw to it, that he would rule the empire through religion. And the church was all to glad to conform to constantine's wishes.

Romans 11:1
11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people?
God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham,
of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
Wot ye not (know ye not) what the scripture saith of Elias?
how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars;
and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him?
I have reserved to myself seven thousand men,
who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baa
l.

5 Even so then at this present time also
there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

and pilgrim replies
====================== end pilgrim post

l.

Pilgrim;
Do we have the names of these men God spoke of ?????
do we have any writtings of these 7 thousand men
Who were they
where are their writtings ????
what happened to them

No we do not

nor do we know who these men were
that stood in opposition to Mithras
annd those that spoke for Gods of Mithraism = The Pope

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest,​
even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name,​
and hast not denied my faith,​

Antipas = Anti or in opposition to dat Dar Popsie
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman,
and between thy seed and her seed;
it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr,​
who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.​

we do not have their names, nor how many there were
all we need to know is
Gods word that they were Antipas
persecuted severely;

Tared and feathered, ran out of town, so to speak
even where Satan's seat is:​
Many of them martyred by the Minions of Satan

pilgrim said:
Did I say you did? No?
=============== end pilgrims reply

Thier names are recorded in only one Place
the books of heaven

To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna,
and will give him a white stone,
and in the stone a new name written,
which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

pilgrim;
you need to strip yourself of all Dem-Dar-Earings of Rome

When you wear the ""Ear Rings"" of the Gods of Egypt
all you have is; """ears to hear """
the Voice of those that speak for
the Egyptian Gods

Romans 11:1
11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people?
God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham,
of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
Wot ye not (know ye not) what the scripture saith of Elias?
how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars;
and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him?
l.

5 Even so then at this present time also
there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

and pilgrim replies

====================== end pilgrim post

l.

Pilgrim;
Do we have the names of these men God spoke of ?????
do we have any writtings of these 7 thousand men
Who were they
where are their writtings ????
what happened to them

No we do not

nor do we know who these men were
that stood in opposition to Mithras
annd those that spoke for Gods of Mithraism = The Pope

even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name,​
and hast not denied my faith,​

Antipas = Anti or in opposition to dat Dar Popsie
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman,
and between thy seed and her seed;
it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr,​
who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.​

we do not have their names, nor how many there were
all we need to know is
Gods word that they were Antipas
persecuted severely;

Tared and feathered, ran out of town, so to speak
even where Satan's seat is:​
Many of them martyred by the Minions of Satan

pilgrim said:
Did I say you did? No?
=============== end pilgrims reply

Thier names are recorded in only one Place
the books of heaven

To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna,
and will give him a white stone,
and in the stone a new name written,
which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

pilgrim;
you need to strip yourself of all Dem-Dar-Earings of Rome

When you wear the ""Ear Rings"" of the Gods of Egypt
all you have is; """ears to hear """
the Voice of those that speak for
the Egyptian Gods
What creative interpretation! :rolleyes:

What creative interpretation! :rolleyes:
Catholics should talk! "Hail Mary, full of grace!" means "full of grace" is her new name and she is full of ALL possible grace, which means she is sinless and was spared inborn sin. What creative interpretation! Even though the better translation is "graced with favor" or even "highly favored one."

I just told you on page 14, post #280 of this thread that the believers in Antioch, spoke so much about Christ, that the people living in Antioch, began calling believer's Christians. By Acts 26, the title "Christian" was well known throughout the Roman world. They had a name change from "the way" to "Christians".

It wasn't till constantine, that your institution took on the name ROMAN catholic church. Christians were persecuted very heavily by the roman empire until constantine's conversion. constantine, made Christianity the state and empirical religion of the entire roman empire. Constantine, still had one foot in paganism and one foot in Christianity.

Whatever the church was like between john the apostle and the conversion of constantine, was no more, for constantine, saw to it, that he would rule the empire through religion. And the church was all to glad to conform to constantine's wishes.
I always thought that the worst thing that happened to the Christian faith was to become the "official" religion of the old Roman Empire. Being made legitimate and ending persecution--great! But becoming the official religion opened up a whole 'nother can of worms, mixing the faith with politics and we know how sullying politics can be! :(

Did I say you did? No?
Then why did you write this???

"No I didn't. I used her term appropriately. If The Way disappeared from history early on, then they became bonnie's "dead in Christ". If they didn't, then The Way was not the way."

I never wrote, nor even implied, that "The Way" disappeared! The dead in Christ are simply people who died in faith. Even Paul calls them that. But ALL people who have died in the Lord for nearly 2000 years are the "dead in Christ." And all are saints. We are saints now!

Please write more clearly! IF you were only voicing your own speculations, and not implying we wrote something, then kindly let us know, so there will be no confusion.

Catholics should talk! "Hail Mary, full of grace!" means "full of grace" is her new name and she is full of ALL possible grace, which means she is sinless and was spared inborn sin. What creative interpretation! Even though the better translation is "graced with favor" or even "highly favored one."
Hail, Full of Grace...

Hail - royal greeting
Full of Grace - title

Hail, Full of Grace...

Hail - royal greeting
Full of Grace - title
True, but it isn't a title or a name. Gabriel was simply greeting her with "Hail, highly favored one!" But then, that isn't her new name, since lookee what else the passage says:

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee called Nazareth, 27 to a virgin [r]engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the [s]descendants of David; and the virgin’s name was [t]Mary. 28 And coming in, he said to her, “Greetings, [u]favored one! The Lord [v]is with you.” 29 But she was very perplexed at this statement, and kept pondering what kind of salutation this was. 30 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God.

Gabriel calls her "Mary" even after he greeted her. So, her new name was NOT "full of grace." Sheesh! Catholicism will do ANYTHING in its desperation to elevate Mary above where she should be!

Again, "full of grace" is not the best translation. It is more like "graced with grace/graced with favor."

Did I say you did? No?
Why not just be honest and say sorry because you did misrepresent her post intentionally or non intentionally no one other than you knows. But we all can make mistakes. Sorry is hard to say but it says a lot about the person who does so.

Why not just be honest and say sorry because you did misrepresent her post intentionally or non intentionally no one other than you knows. But we all can make mistakes. Sorry is hard to say but it says a lot about the person who does so.
Admitting one is wrong, especially publicly, can be hard. Hurts our pride. I am reminded of one of my favorite sayings: "Swallow your pride--it is non-fattening."

But I do have great respect for someone who can say "You are correct, I am wrong. Sorry about that." Instead of just trying to make all sorts of excuses.

But the church is NOT GONE. A name change doesn't denote automatically that the church is "gone." Where on earth did you get that idea???
Oh you're right. I found them.

The Way International is a nondenominational Christian ministry based in New Knoxville, Ohio. The followers congregate primarily in home fellowships located throughout the United States, two US territories and in over 30 countries. It was founded by Victor Paul Wierwille in 1942 as a radio program, subsequently becoming The Chimes Hour Youth Caravan in 1947, and The Way, Inc., in 1955. Wiki

Oh you're right. I found them.

The Way International is a nondenominational Christian ministry based in New Knoxville, Ohio. The followers congregate primarily in home fellowships located throughout the United States, two US territories and in over 30 countries. It was founded by Victor Paul Wierwille in 1942 as a radio program, subsequently becoming The Chimes Hour Youth Caravan in 1947, and The Way, Inc., in 1955. Wiki
Nothing wrong with home fellowships that is what the NT church used.

You are so proud of the false church you belong to, you know the one that produces bad fruit, teaches false doctrines, whitewashes its history, does not follow scripture, has a leadership that fails the biblical requirements, does things that Jesus, Mary and the apostles would never even think of doing, it lies to authorites, does not expose sin etc. Oh yes and it has masses of money tired up in fancy buildings, artwork, furnitures etc.

Nothing wrong with home fellowships that is what the NT church used.

You are so proud of the false church you belong to, you know the one that produces bad fruit, teaches false doctrines, whitewashes its history, does not follow scripture, has a leadership that fails the biblical requirements, does things that Jesus, Mary and the apostles would never even think of doing, it lies to authorites, does not expose sin etc. Oh yes and it has masses of money tired up in fancy buildings, artwork, furnitures etc.
I don't belong to a church that was started in 1942. I don't belong to a church that started in the 1800s, the 1700s or even the 1500s. My Church was started by Jesus Himself. Am I proud of it? I would say that I am grateful for it. How easy it seems that one can stray from the narrow path. I'm glad I am still on it.

I don't belong to a church that was started in 1942. I don't belong to a church that started in the 1800s, the 1700s or even the 1500s. My Church was started by Jesus Himself. Am I proud of it? I would say that I am grateful for it. How easy it seems that one can stray from the narrow path. I'm glad I am still on it.
You keep telling yourself that but it is not true at all. Jesus never started a bad tree your institution is a bad tree. Please show me where the apostles molested children they didn't. Your institution is not apostolic. Show me where Jesus said to hide sin, your institution does not follow Jesus. I could go on about the number of ways that prove your institution is not the church Jesus started but it is hardly worth the effort. Dates do not prove whether a church is the real thing, it is by their fruit and their teachings.

Your institution is not the NT church.

Back