The gods of Psalm 82

Paul does not live in the Old Testament. You can imagine all you want, what he meant, but it's clear that the 3rd heaven means something completely different than what was viewed in the Old Testament.
Correct he didn't live in the Old Testament but he knew Jewish tradition :)
I suspect that neither you nor your theology knows what the tree of life or the paradise of God is. Neither are in heaven.

Again, it doesn't appear that you know anything about the tree of life or its location. Tell me, how does the leaves of the tree "heal the nations" if there it's in heaven?

yep. Not in heaven.

Nah, IMO, you know something is wrong. There is a reason you can’t defend what folks say, with LDS teachings, and talks by the GA. You know at night when you’re thinking about it, you have no answer for all the messy doctrines and history. You are not free…you are in bondage to a con, set up and choreographed by a confidence man, that sold an illusion and a bag of goods that man can become a God, and have endless sex with multiple women. And get you to pay for it with a minimum of 10% of your income, or you can’t become a God. That my friend is not freedom, but a delusion.

And you have never been told what thats means? I have told you several times…are you that indoctrinated that you have be obtuse over and over again?
Not nice Marrk, calling someone slow witted and stupid...my how you have changed over the years... a old bitter man.

Not nice Marrk, calling someone slow witted and stupid...my how you have changed over the years... a old bitter man.
He did not call you stupid or slow witted. Look up the definition of obtuse. Anyone can be obtuse in areas. Get over your persecution complex.

He did not call you stupid or slow witted. Look up the definition of obtuse. Anyone can be obtuse in areas. Get over your persecution complex.
I never claim he did, so how is that a persecution complex, he called dberrie slow witted and stupid... so why are you commenting to something you know little about...

I never claim he did, so how is that a persecution complex, he called dberrie slow witted and stupid... so why are you commenting to something you know little about...
Maybe you better read more carefully and craft your responses and quotations when responding in a clearer manner.
I arrowed up to where you made the post. Saw nothing about dberrie. If I missed it then show me. What I saw is your response.

Nah, IMO, you know something is wrong. There is a reason you can’t defend what folks say, with LDS teachings, and talks by the GA. You know at night when you’re thinking about it, you have no answer for all the messy doctrines and history. You are not free…you are in bondage to a con, set up and choreographed by a confidence man, that sold an illusion and a bag of goods that man can become a God, and have endless sex with multiple women. And get you to pay for it with a minimum of 10% of your income, or you can’t become a God. That my friend is not freedom, but a delusion.

More nutty hooey.

Nah, IMO, you know something is wrong.
True, in your opinion. Fortunately, your imagination has no effect on us.
There is a reason you can’t defend what folks say, with LDS teachings, and talks by the GA.
I think we've been doing a fine job of defending what we believe. But, it doesn't look like we can say the same for your arguments.
You know at night when you’re thinking about it, you have no answer for all the messy doctrines and history.
LOL. You think you know, but you don't have a clue what we think about at night. LOL.

True, in your opinion. Fortunately, your imagination has no effect on us.
I think we've been doing a fine job of defending what we believe. But, it doesn't look like we can say the same for your arguments.
LOL. You think you know, but you don't have a clue what we think about at night. LOL.
Well, I think I do know you know ther eis something deep wrong with Mormonism…your argument posting style is just a tit for tat. “I know your are but what and I “ style. No thought, no personality, and no substance. In other words, your arguments are not directed to folks here, but to yourself…to help you have a sort of confidence there are answers…yet again they are just out of context color coated words with no narrative.

And, it all point to your God complex and megalomaniac based ideology, forced on you by JS, whom you have put on equal level with Christ, and the Church as a whole.

Well, I think I do know you know ther eis something deep wrong with Mormonism…
Sure. That is another topic that cannot be debated. But the fact still remains, what we think about or what we believe, if you think you know enough to talk about it, lives only in your head. You should think about that before you engage in debate and start leaking your thoughts all over the place.
No thought, no personality, and no substance.
LOL. That's the pot calling the kettle black, IMO. But, at least, I know it's my opinion.
you have a sort of confidence there are answers…
There are answers to the right questions. Your accusations are not questions. You make claims that are simply not true, Jane Law being one of them. Eventually, you lose it and start spouting as much anti-Mormon propaganda as you can because you have nothing else. Ask me about polygamy, I have an answer. You may not like it, but it's an answer that I can live with. Others may not be able to, but I believe the answers I have are in alignment with our church's doctrine and I believe they will answer a lot of people's questions if they are honestly seeking truth. So, in a way, I am not talking to you or anyone on this board, but instead to those who might be seeking answers. That is really who you all should be addressing your comments to. Right now, people reading this, IMO, really aren't getting any good answers as to why we are wrong.

But, again, the fact is, there are answers and it appears to me that none of you have any.
And, it all point to your God complex and megalomaniac based ideology
Again, I have to point out here, that our idea of what God is doing is not the same as yours. Having children is not that big of a deal. We already know how to do that. Building worlds is about the same as building anything... with enough time and resources, we can do it. The idea of creating worlds out of nothing and humans out of dirt is simply not in our theology. The megalomaniac idea lives only in your head, not in ours.

Maybe you better read more carefully and craft your responses and quotations when responding in a clearer manner.
I arrowed up to where you made the post. Saw nothing about dberrie. If I missed it then show me. What I saw is your response.
Do I hear a apology? Seems I did read correctly and no need to craft anything, you came in without a hint of what I was taking about and made a judgement without any concern for accuracy on your part... hmm

Post #126
  • 2 Corinthians 12:1-2---King James Version
    1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
    2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.
    Markk: "And you have never been told what thats means? I have told you several times…are you that indoctrinated that you have be obtuse over and over again?"
And you have never been told what thats means? I have told you several times…are you that indoctrinated that you have be obtuse over and over again?

Or for things posted which are just--"out there".
Or just a way from dealings wi the realities of what the church lays on it’s members…i.e. a God Complex.
Do I hear a apology? Seems I did read correctly and no need to craft anything, you came in without a hint of what I was taking about and made a judgement without any concern for accuracy on your part... hmm

Post #126

• Markk: "And you have never been told what thats means? I have told you several times…are you that indoctrinated that you have be obtuse over and over again?"

Ralf is Thais a question…why are you just pasting what I wrote to DB…how am I suppose to know what this means?

Post #126

• Markk: "And you have never been told what thats means? I have told you several times…are you that indoctrinated that you have be obtuse over and over again?"

Show me where "stupid" and slow witted are mentioned. Here are two meanings. I think Markk refers to the first one based on the context of his post.

ADJECTIVE

1. annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand:

Post #126

invested by divine appointment are called 'gods.' To this scripture the Savior referred in His reply to the Jews in Solomon's Porch. Judges so authorized officiated as the representatives of God and are honored by the exalted title 'gods.' Compare the similar appellation applied to Moses (Exo. 4:16 James Talmage, a Mormon Apostle, said Psalm 82:6 is not about becoming gods.

"In Psalm 82:6, judges; 7:1). Jesus Christ possessed divine authorization, not through the word of God transmitted to Him by man, but as an inherent attribute. The inconsistency of calling human judges 'gods,' and of ascribing blasphemy to the Christ who called Himself the Son of God, would have been apparent to the Jews but for their sin-darkened minds." (James Talmage, Jesus the Christ, p. 501). -- Mormons often quote Psalm 82:6 which Jesus quoted in John 10:30-34 to show that we can become gods. Rather than them believing the truth from a Christian, perhaps they will believe it from their own faux apostle.

Or just a way from dealings wi the realities of what the church lays on it’s members…i.e. a God Complex.

Markk-you are having a hard time not ramming the "God Complex" issue in nearly every post. I believe that comes from you--and is your child. That leaves you in a compromised position in accusing anyone of a "God Complex".

Markk-you are having a hard time not ramming the "God Complex" issue in nearly every post. I believe that comes from you--and is your child. That leaves you in a compromised position in accusing anyone of a "God Complex".
No…it is what the church teaches DB, it is why you have temples, the PH, endowments, works for the dead…and all other ordinances that are required to become like HF, to do everything he has done…and has all Power, Glory, Dominion, and Knowledge that HF and Christ have.

DB, I am not sure how long you have been in the church, but “The Plan of Salvation” as taught in the church has a end goal of becoming Gods and Goddesses, Kings and Queens…and all that comes with exaltation, and is exaltation and eternal life.

I am “ramming” it, for two main reasons. First, to show you what the church teaches and demands as core doctrine, and secondly, which is pretty obvious, is that you are in complete denial of what the LDS Plan of Salvation is or demands. You don’t like it, and that is a good thing, and it obviously bothers you to see it put in simple terms out side or watered down talking points.

You are more than welcome to correct anything I wrote with LDS teachings, but you will actually have to come out of your comfort zone,of hiding behind out ofc on text pastes….and actually engage in a real conversation. Which maybe a third reason I am “ramming” it.

Show me where "stupid" and slow witted are mentioned. Here are two meanings. I think Markk refers to the first one based on the context of his post.

ADJECTIVE

1. annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand:
Can you read his mind.... it was definitely condescending and supercilious. I admire deberrie for not reporting him...

Back