1 Jn 5:2. Jesus=God

John 14:17-20
This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him because he abides with you, and he will be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

EssentialJealousEsok.webp

I just proved there's no trinity.
Not Even close.

"The Lord who is the Spirit" is Christ. Oops!

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:3-5
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16
14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

Paul was not a trinitarian, lol..

Only the Son knows the Father and reveals Him. All things were entrusted to the Son. The third person was entrusted nothing, reveals nothing, and knows nothing. It's a "dumb spirit".

I don't need to read a false doctrine into the text, like you do.. it literally says Christ is the Spirit. Just once is enough. Deal with it.

1 Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
So who is Jesus the son of?
and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ
It appears like you guys did not get the understanding. Jesus is the son of someone. Please explain who Jesus is the son of. Your God seems to have a father.

Who is the true God? English 101 "This is" refers to the last name mentioned, =Jesus Christ.
That is foolishness 101."This is" refers to him that is true

So who is Jesus the son of?

It appears like you guys did not get the understanding. Jesus is the son of someone. Please explain who Jesus is the son of. Your God seems to have a father
The Father did not procreate Jesus or create Him. Father , Son are used to establish hierarchy.
That is foolishness 101."This is" refers to him that is true
No. Refers to the last mentioned. Otherwise, following your reasoning, it could be Son of God, Him who is true, or His son JC.

Sorry, unless you address my post , you have a huge contradiction that identifies three individuals in the same setting.
Care to give it a shot,

Sorry, but you can't be helped until you stop denying the Scripture.

"It literally says Christ is the Spirit. Just once is enough. Deal with it."

Give it a try, try to coherently argue, my previous post, absent of any personal opinion from you.
Sorry but the tense has nothing to do with it but the fact that John uses the passive for the word "risen" does, for it reveals that they understood that Jesus did not mean that he would restore his life back to himself after he died but only that he would rise up from where he was placed in the tomb alive from the dead after God did restore his life.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter how many times you copy and paste all those verses because you still end up with a contradiction in John 2:22 with the use of that passive voice verb "risen", for it means that Jesus was passive in regards to the restoration of his life back into his body period.

Last edited:
Sorry but the tense has nothing to do with it but the fact that John uses the passive for the word "risen" does, for it reveals that they understood that Jesus did not mean that he would restore his life back to himself after he died but only that he would rise up from where he was placed in the tomb alive from the dead after God did restore his life.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter how many times you copy and paste all those verses because you still end up with a contradiction in John 2:22 with the use of that passive voice verb "risen", for it means that Jesus was passive in regards to the restoration of his life back into his body period.
Let me help you out. It’s not only arguing for your one word explanation, but it also includes addressing my post. This is what he coherent response entails.
Give it a try.

Let me help you out. It’s not only arguing for your one word explanation, but it also includes addressing my post. This is what he coherent response entails.
Give it a try.
Let me help you instead, first you need to repent of what you think you know and then get truly born again and by The Only True God and Father and through the True Jesus Christ that He sent to die for your sins.

Then you need to begin and practice in seeking and asking and waiting upon The Only True God and Father by His Holy Spirit and through Jesus to reveal the truth of his word into your heart.

Then maybe you will not be confused any longer like you are now between verb tenses "past, present and future" and whether a verb is in the active or passive voice and then also you might be able to discern between what is to be understood as literal in the scriptures and what isn't.

Last edited:
The Father did not procreate Jesus or create Him.
So you are saying Jesus has no father? Then why does the scripture say...
Matthew 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Are you saying there are two Gods?
Father , Son are used to establish hierarchy.
Therefore father and son are not the same person. What is your point? Jesus is subject to his father...
1 Corinthians 15:28
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

No. Refers to the last mentioned. Otherwise, following your reasoning, it could be Son of God, Him who is true, or His son JC.
No, it could not be the son who is true. We are in God by being in his son.Jesus said His father is the only true God...

Christ is the head of man and God is the head of Christ.

Jn 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jesus said the father is the only true God... So you are arguing against Jesus.

• Monotheism = there is only one true God.
    • There are three divine persons called “God” in the Bible.
    • Within the one being that is God there exist eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
      • “Person” refers to the center of consciousness and includes the idea of mind, will and desire.
      • Just as I am a being with one center of self-consciousness, who I call “I”, God is a being with three centers of self-consciousness each of which can say “I”.
        • I am the Father.
        • I am the Son.
        • I am the Holy Spirit.
          • Each has a first-person perspective.
      • They are three distinct persons.
        • The Father is not identical to the Son or the Holy Spirit.
        • The Son is not identical to the Father or the Holy Spirit
        • The Holy Spirit is not identical to the Son or to the Father.
          • They are not independent of each other they still belong to the same being.
      • Since each is divine they share the attributes of deity.
        • God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
        • The Father is God and not the Son or the Holy Spirit.
        • The Son is God but not the Father or Holy Spirit.
        • The Holy Spirit is God but not the Father or Son.
  • “Co-equal” fully shared the being that is God never one third.
  • “ Coeternal” all three exist within eternity, one did not exist before the other
    • God= what.
    • Three persons= who.
As to your statement. That is modalism.

Phil 2:6
6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [a]robbery to be equal with God,

Equal = 2470 ἴσος [isos /ee•sos/] adj. Probably from 1492 (through the idea of seeming); TDNT 3:343; TDNTA 370; GK 2698; Eight occurrences; AV translates as “equal” four times, “agree together + 2258” twice, “as much” once, and “like” once. 1 equal, in quantity or quality.

You are using arithmetic to argue mathematics.
A=B B=A when you are discussing amounts or values in the abstract.
for example A represents. 5x5, B represents 20+5.
Vs.
5 nickels = 1 quarter
How?
in monetary value.
But in every aspect are 5 nickels equal to 1 quarter?
No.
Same applies to Jesus=God.
One has to ask how?
equal, in quantity or quality.

Jesus is the one true God.

However, the concept of the Trinity is a mischaracterization of God. It is not that God is three persons or who's or that there is anything special about the number three in regard to the essence of God. The Biblical concept is that there is simply one true God and this one God was manifested in the flesh. What Trinitarians call distinctions of persons in the Godhead is a misunderstanding. Relationships and distinctions are due to the genuine humanity of Christ.

Back