Is the Spirit owned by all three members of the Trinity?

Yes and Jesus is constructed as two soul and Spirit. His Spirit is the Holy Spirit. The spirit in anyone is unified with the soul to the point of being indistinguishable from one another, yet they are two distinct elements.

Christ is the Holy Spirit (2 Cor 3:17).

Deal with it.

Jesus AIN'T full human.

God AIN'T a man.

Is there ANYONE on this forum with the TRUTH?
Why don't you back up your arguments with scripture? The scriptures associate the words soul and spirit with Jesus. One element is uncreated and eternal the other is begotten.

Christ is the Holy Spirit (2 Cor 3:17).

Deal with it.
According to the scriptures His Spirit is the Holy Spirit, His soul is His person that took our sins. The Holy Spirit can't take our sins It would be defiled. That's why Jesus' soul is distinct from the Spirit and begotten, yet they are unified. That's how people are constructed.

God is not a man. Bible basics. Go back to school sonny boy.
God is One unlimited Spirit that can be in a man. God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself II Cor. 5:19. He operates in His Son through His Holy Spirit that is His Son's Spirit.

There is only One Spirit that is God and Jesus said the Holy Spirit is His spirt. Whenever we have more than one spirit we have more than one God and that is polytheism.

You have two spirits.

"God the one Spirit" and "his spirit" a second spirit.

Polytheism.

You have two spirits.

"God the one Spirit" and "his spirit" a second spirit.

Polytheism.
No they are not two spirits they are one. Jesus said God is Spirit and His Spirit is the Holy Spirit. God's Spirit is distinct from His person/soul. There are only two words associated with God's construction so to speak in the scriptures which is soul and spirit. They are two distinct elements. God's person is His being, who He is and His Spirit is His substance, what He is, He is Spirit as Jesus said.

According to the original Greek, the soul and the spirit are not the same thing. When you say Jesus' human spirit is fused with His divine spirit, it is more correct to say that His Spirit is fused with His soul. We do not have two spirits, just one spirit and one soul. Both words are associated with Jesus' construction so to speak. I keep my definition confined to the usage of the words in the scripture that describe Jesus' construction as a human. He had a body, soul and spirit. His Spirit is the Holy Spirit and His soul was begotten to take our sins. There are no other words in scripture associated with Jesus physiology.

I agree that the soul and spirit are not the same thing. This is a reason why I say that Jesus has a human body, soul and spirit. If you REPLACE the human spirit with the Holy Spirit, then how do you say that he is fully human? I'm not comfortable with a component of his humanity being REPLACED and still saying He is fully human. How do you get away with that in all honesty?

Do you chuck Luke 23:46 out? "Father into thy hands I commend by pneuma (spirit)". He didn't say "soul".

Back