John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

Tell you? Calvin if you read his stuff he is amil, at least as far as I understand him. Mac, a dipsy (a leaky one as he says)
It’s been a while since I’ve looked into these things, could I have misunderstood? Of course, just as you may have. We’re human.
But by all means if it’s that important, have at it.
I disagree with Mac about his Eschatology, but I doubt if any of us have that correct. It's very difficult.

I do believe that he is a conscientious man of God.

I disagree with Mac about his Eschatology, but I doubt if any of us have that correct. It's very difficult.

I do believe that he is a conscientious man of God.
I agree he is a man of God. What gave anyone the idea I didn’t? Because of his eschatological views? His arrogance?

We’re all human

I agree he is a man of God. What gave anyone the idea I didn’t? Because of his eschatological views? His arrogance?

We’re all human
I wasn't implying that you don't think that Mac is a man of God. I was only stating my view about him, to avoid anyone thinking that I thought ill of him, because I disagree with his Eschatology.

What about this one?

How long before Benny gets them to take off ALL their clothes "for Jesus"?

Benny got them to go along with this lunacy, didn't he?

JAG

[]
I’m not aware that anyone here supports the videos you have posted come from Gods spirit . They do not mean that real charismatic gifts do not exist when done how Paul instructs them to be used in Corinthians .

640x480.webp

John MacArthur . . . .
(John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.)

. . . . is a very distinguished Christian pastor, expository preacher and Reformed Calvinist
systematic theologian.

He is also an excellent primitive traditional Patriarchal Family man. He is married to his
wife Patricia and they have four children, fifteen gradchildren and two great-grandsons.

John MacArthur has pastored Grace Community Church in California since February 1969 --
that's 54 years.

He has written or edited over 150 books -- the most popular is the MacArthur Study Bible
which has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

The good news is John MacArthur is a strong Bible believing Reformed Presbyterian Calvinist.

The bad news is his defeatist eschatology -- sadly he holds the doomsday Premillennial
Dispensational view of the future of the Christian Church -- BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT.

John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher. That means, unlike a huge number of
preachers he is short on giving you his personal OPINIONS nd long on giving you what the
Bible ACTUALLY SAYS.

John MacArthur has a large number of expository video sermons on YouTube. Here is one of
them:

Thoughts?

[]
Why do you regard him as distinguished? He has made a career out of attacking and lying about other Christians.

A significant number of the charismatics make the false absurd claim that they
get special revelation directly from God and that is Pandora's Box and it has
boo coo ugly nasty things that pop out.

Once we accept the principle that "Christians" can get special direct revelation
from God than how does one argue with God?

Answer: You can't argue with God.

Let me give you some examples:

We have some "Christian" female preachers that ignore the plain commands of
the Bible that say woman cannot preach and they claim that God has called
them to preach. They got special revelation from God that VOIDED out the
clear commands of God in the New Testament that say females cannot be
preachers.

So?

So if you are going to embrace the principle that Christians can today get direct
revelation from God, then that means I also can get it.

So if I tell you that God spoke to me today and told me that the Calvinistic
Theological System was the one and only true theological system -- then that
settles forever this issue.

Also if I tell you that God spoke to me today and told me that all the female preachers
are doing the work of Satan -- then that forever settles that issue too.

Unless one claims that God only gives direct revelation to THEM.

But. . . .

Anybody can make that claim too.

So?

So significant numbers of the charismatics introduce stark raving insanity into the 21st
century Christian Church.

Then in another vein there is the obvious nutty stuff. Check this out:

Listen to this crazy stuff. Holy Laughing.

Best,

JAG

[]
Nobody on this board embraces that utterly shameful display of charlatanism.

Why do you regard him as distinguished? He has made a career out of attacking and lying about other Christians.

Nope, you're thinking of Steven Anderson, constantly attacking Calvinists and condemning them to hell.

His constant career long lies about Arminian doctrine and blatant attacks against all charismatic Christians.

1) Can you provide any linked quotes, rather than worthless unsubstantiated accusations?

2) Where do you draw the line between a "criticism" and a "blatant attack"? Based on my decades of listening to JMac, the anti-Calvinists on this forum are FAR more harsh and vitriolic than ANYTHING MacArthur may have said.

His constant career long lies about Arminian doctrine
I don't think this is accurate. He acknowledges and even interprets many passages acknowledging the "will" of people throughout the bible.
He really only disagrees with the libertarian or (Pelagian) version of free will.
He affirms compatibilism which most any Calvinist would. In fact I would categorize him as a softer Calvinist than a few of us on this board.
and blatant attacks against all charismatic Christians.
According to Jude the faith is "once and for all delivered to the saints".
I think his view of cessationism would be largely the majority view in Christianity.

I don't think this is accurate. He acknowledges and even interprets many passages acknowledging the "will" of people throughout the bible.
He really only disagrees with the libertarian or (Pelagian) version of free will.
He affirms compatibilism which most any Calvinist would. In fact I would categorize him as a softer Calvinist than a few of us on this board.

According to Jude the faith is "once and for all delivered to the saints".
I think his view of cessationism would be largely the majority view in Christianity.
I don't really care if you think it is accurate or not. I know for a fact what he has said and taught regarding Arminians and nearly every bit of it is a pit lie.

Back