1 Jn 5:2. Jesus=God

Jesus said his father is the only true God...
1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jesus was working for his father. Therefore your God was employed by my God

Again, you ignore his genuine humanity.

Thank you for posting your opinion. Do you have any scripture to back this up?

Hundreds of scriptures.

Which area do you want scriptures?

1. There is one God
2. God is referred to thousands of times by the singular name of I AM and by pronouns ME, MY, MYSELF, HE, HIM.
3. God speaks with singular pronouns specifically excluding a plurality of persons beside Him.
4. Jesus is God
5. Jesus is Man
6. Jesus is called the Son of God because of the incarnation
7. The Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit
8. Jesus is called the Father
9. Jesus prays to the Father
10. Jesus has a will distinct from His Father
11. Jesus said he would abide in the believer
12. All the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Jesus bodily
13. There is no other name given to us to be saved.
14. The early church invoked the Name of Jesus at water baptism.
15. The early church worshipped Jesus

Anything else?

Last edited:
LOL, this is common with trins, for you think that if you have a few scriptures that unto you are saying that Jesus raised himself from the dead, that this balances the scales for you to ignore other scriptures that reveals otherwise but God's truth is never determined by a preponderance of evidence like that anyhow.

The reason why it cannot be, is because the other passages that you might believe support your doctrine can also be misinterpreted by you also

Furthermore, you only have two scriptures out of many others that you think are saying that Jesus raised himself from the dead to start with.

While on the other hand and after John 2:19 is stated, John uses that passive voice verb risen and none of his other disciples in their narratives ever state that Jesus raised himself from the dead and which would also be odd, if they truly understood Jesus in John 2:19 to be saying that he would literally restore his own life into his own body after he died.

Therefore, you can re copy and paste those verses above all you want, but you will never remove the passive voice verb "risen" from John 2:22, nor will you remove the fact that none of his other disciples in their narratives ever wrote that Jesus resurrected himself and nor will you remove the word "commandment or order" from John 10:17-18 either.

So now that we have covered this newer argument, I am finished giving you time to practice on the articulation of your false doctrines, so go find someone else to practice it on, for I have repair work being done on my roof, facia and soffit that I need to attend to and don't have time for you and your bias nonsense.
John 2: 19 refutes you to all eternity.

Hundreds of scriptures.

1. There is one God
2. God is referred to thousands of times by the singular name of I AM and by pronouns ME, MY, MYSELF, HE, HIM.
3. God speaks with singular pronouns specifically excluding a plurality of persons beside Him.
4. Jesus is God
5. Jesus is Man

Anything else?
6, 7, 8 are false. The remainder true.

EssentialJealousEsok.webp

I just proved there's no trinity.
Only in your imagination.

Again, you ignore his genuine humanity.
Why would I ignore Jesus as a man when the scripture says he is a man?
Acts 2:22
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Jesus said he is not a spirit...
Jn24
33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Hundreds of scriptures.

1. There is one God
4. Jesus is God
5. Jesus is Man

Anything else?
8 Jesus is his own father? How is that so when Jesus does not know the hour and the day when heaven and earth will pass away ?
Matt 24
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

8 Jesus is his own father? How is that so when Jesus does not know the hour and the day when heaven and earth will pass away ?
Matt 24
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
STRAWMAN as usual.

Hundreds of scriptures.

1. There is one God
true
false
Elohym: There are several ways to make a word plural in Hebrew. One way is to add hiym to the ending. Note Abram = father of people, changed to Abahym = father of peoples. Cherub one angel, cherubim many angels. “Elowahh” translates to God 52 times and its plural form “elohiym” is used 2347 times referring to YHWH God. In Genesis 1:1-26 we read that God was in the beginning and that He created this, He created that, and that He called them good. In all 26 verses God translates from elohiym. In vs. 26God said “Let us make…” The Triune Council created man. When God said “Let us make…”, “us” could not have been any others, such as angels, for all others were created by God and only God creates. In Genesis the Triune Council is in the beginning, and in John “Logos” is alongside God. [Plurality]
Is 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”
Gen 11:7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
Gen 3:22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness...” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

4. Jesus is God
5. Jesus is Man
True
false
Jn 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together [b]with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
Scripture indicates that Christ's Sonship is an eternal Sonship. It is one thing to say that Jesus became the Son of God; it is another thing altogether to say that He was always the Son of God. We must recognize that if there was a time when the Son was not the Son, then, to be consistent, there was also a time when the Father was not the Father. If the first person's designation as "Father" is an eternal title, then the second person's designation as "Son" must be so regarded.

False
And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’ (Lk 23:46).

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Mt 28:19).
And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper...(Jn 14:16).
1When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Mt 3:16–17).
False
True
True
Anything else?
As I said before, scriptural support for your opinions.

Let me help you instead, first you need to repent of what you think you know and then get truly born again and by The Only True God and Father and through the True Jesus Christ that He sent to die for your sins.

Then you need to begin and practice in seeking and asking and waiting upon The Only True God and Father by His Holy Spirit and through Jesus to reveal the truth of his word into your heart.

Then maybe you will not be confused any longer like you are now between verb tenses "past, present and future" and whether a verb is in the active or passive voice and then also you might be able to discern between what is to be understood as literal in the scriptures and what isn't.
You got me, I should have used 'voice' vs 'tense'.
Your point is as relevant as the rooster crowing once or twice. It does not change the fact that Peter denied Jesus, or changes any doctrine of salvation.
Same applies to your argument.”

our argument hangs on the form of one word in one verse that can be spun. My argument hangs on multiple verses the fully support it.

Your argument = passive voice verb translated 'raised'
vs
According to the whole of Scripture who raised Jesus from the dead?
Romans 6:4 teaches that the Father raised Jesus from the dead.
John 2:19-21; 10:17,18 proclaims the Son raised Himself from the dead.
Romans 8:11 proclaims the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.
And Acts 3:26, 13:30, 17:30,31; 1 Thess. 1:9,10; Heb. 13:20 reveals that only God could raise Jesus from the dead.
Therefore the whole of Scripture reveals the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in unity as God was responsible for raising Jesus
from the dead. You cannot refute this.

Again, my post has harmony. There is no contradiction, vs your idea which contradicts multiple verses.

So you are saying Jesus has no father? Then why does the scripture say...
Matthew 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Scripture indicates that Christ's Sonship is an eternal Sonship. It is one thing to say that Jesus became the Son of God; it is another thing altogether to say that He was always the Son of God. We must recognize that if there was a time when the Son was not the Son, then, to be consistent, there was also a time when the Father was not the Father. If the first person's designation as "Father" is an eternal title, then the second person's designation as "Son" must be so regarded.

How does an eternal being bring into existence an eternal being?
Are you saying there are two Gods?

Therefore father and son are not the same person. What is your point? Jesus is subject to his father...
1 Corinthians 15:28
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
There exist a hierarchy within the Trinity and the flexibility within their relationship that the Son submits to the Father’s will, but that does not equate to Jesus exalting the Father to the position of His God. Only within the Godhead can one being refer to the other as “His God” and still maintain equality, regardless of who has authority. This is due to relationship.
No, it could not be the son who is true. We are in God by being in his son.Jesus said His father is the only true God...

Christ is the head of man and God is the head of Christ.

Jn 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jesus said the father is the only true God... So you are arguing against Jesus.
Ok let's go to Jn 17. If this is etched in stone, what does this make Jesus in John 1:1, Titus 2:13, 2Pe 1:1. A false god?
You have a contradiction.

You got me, I should have used 'voice' vs 'tense'.
Your point is as relevant as the rooster crowing once or twice. It does not change the fact that Peter denied Jesus, or changes any doctrine of salvation.
Same applies to your argument.”

our argument hangs on the form of one word in one verse that can be spun. My argument hangs on multiple verses the fully support it.

Your argument = passive voice verb translated 'raised'
vs
According to the whole of Scripture who raised Jesus from the dead?
Romans 6:4 teaches that the Father raised Jesus from the dead.
John 2:19-21; 10:17,18 proclaims the Son raised Himself from the dead.
Romans 8:11 proclaims the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.
And Acts 3:26, 13:30, 17:30,31; 1 Thess. 1:9,10; Heb. 13:20 reveals that only God could raise Jesus from the dead.
Therefore the whole of Scripture reveals the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in unity as God was responsible for raising Jesus
from the dead. You cannot refute this.

Again, my post has harmony. There is no contradiction, vs your idea which contradicts multiple verses.
Sorry but you can't have contradictions if you are in the truth and you have a big one here in John 2:22 and especially when John wrote that in regards to what he and the other disciples heard Jesus say in verse 19.

Like I said, Jesus can't have been both active and passive in his resurrection except in regard to him getting up from where he was laying in the tomb after God restored his life back into his body.

The point of what Jesus said was not to reveal that he would restore his own life back from death but rather that he would arise after they killed him, that was the point and the only point also. His rising from the dead was a sign just like the Jonah riddle was also.

Sorry but you can't have contradictions if you are in the truth and you have a big one here in John 2:22 and especially when John wrote that in regards to what he and the other disciples heard Jesus say in verse 19.

Like I said, Jesus can't have been both active and passive in his resurrection except in regard to him getting up from where he was laying in the tomb after God restored his life back into his body.

The point of what Jesus said was not to reveal that he would restore his own life back from death but rather that he would arise after they killed him, that was the point and the only point also. His rising from the dead was a sign just like the Jonah riddle was also.
I don't have a contradiction, because scripture as a whole identifies the Father, Son and HS as God raised Jesus from the dead. So your little idea does not contradict with mine. And as long as you ignore these verses, yes in your imagination you have no contradiction.

There exist a hierarchy within the Trinity and the flexibility within their relationship that the Son submits to the Father’s will, but that does not equate to Jesus exalting the Father to the position of His God. Only within the Godhead can one being refer to the other as “His God” and still maintain equality, regardless of who has authority. This is due to relationship.

Ok let's go to Jn 17. If this is etched in stone, what does this make Jesus in John 1:1, Titus 2:13, 2Pe 1:1. A false god?

Scripture indicates that Christ's Sonship is an eternal Sonship.
Therefore Jesus is not God. Scripture does not indicate god having a father
It is one thing to say that Jesus became the Son of God;
Psalm 2:7
I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Acts 13:33
God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
it is another thing altogether to say that He was always the Son of God.
When was he not the son?
We must recognize that if there was a time when the Son was not the Son, then, to be consistent, there was also a time when the Father was not the Father.
That is rubbish. Jesus was made a son according to the flesh for the suffering of death. Since God is the father of spirits it is evident Jesus existed as a spirit before becoming flesh.
Hebrews 12:9
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
If the first person's designation as "Father" is an eternal title, then the second person's designation as "Son" must be so regarded.
All believers will obtain eternal life with the designation as "sons" so what? Is that not also an eternal title also?
How do we as believers obtain eternal life? Wouldn't we also become eternal beings? Do you actually think before you write?

There exist a hierarchy within the Trinity and the flexibility within their relationship that the Son submits to the Father’s will, but that does not equate to Jesus exalting the Father to the position of His God.
(1)There is no mention of a trinity in the scripture.(2) Jesus said ...My God My God...Who was he referring to?
Matthew 27:46
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Only within the Godhead can one being refer to the other as “His God” and still maintain equality, regardless of who has authority. This is due to relationship.
That is foolishness. You are saying each God within the godhead each one God has two Gods which begs the question how many Gods do you have?
This is proof that you do not think before you write.

Ok let's go to Jn 17. If this is etched in stone, what does this make Jesus in John 1:1,
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
With God but no one knew him, only the father was known.
Titus 2:13,
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
your misunderstanding, God is the father and Jesus is our saviour he sent. Didn't Jesus say God sent him?
2Pe 1:1. A false god?
Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
Same misunderstanding. God is our father and Jesus is our brother, how can you now this?
No, you have a contradiction, God sent Jesus to be the saviour of the world, didn't he? In your understanding, Jesus is his own father.

I don't have a contradiction, because scripture as a whole identifies the Father, Son and HS as God raised Jesus from the dead. So your little idea does not contradict with mine. And as long as you ignore these verses, yes in your imagination you have no contradiction.
Yes you do and your "scripture as a whole" bit does not allow for you to disregard even one passage because you think that you have 7 others that say something else and as if truth was determined by putting verses on a balance scale to see which verses outweigh other verses and that is what you trins do also.

I used to do this myself when I was a trin and for better than 30 years also but it is corrupt and it will never lead you to the truth.

By the way, that passive voice verb "risen" in John 2:22 is not as you called it "my little idea" but it is what John as inspired by the Holy Spirit of God wrote and therefore it is God's idea and not mine and it is also not little either but very important to the context in order for us to understand what Jesus was truly meaning by what he said.

For whatever the disciples understood from what he said, must be what we understand also and that is why it is included in the context.

Last edited:
Back