Conversion, the result of regeneration.

I am not seeing it, you are correct. I am asking you to explain...Here are the two questions if you want to reply.

Why did Abraham leave Ur?

When did Abraham believe the Gospel?
Unchecked Copy BoxGen 15:7 - And he saidunto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it John 8:56 - Your fatherAbraham rejoiced to see myday: and he saw it, and was glad.

Abraham left Ur in Genesis 12:

1 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

In Genesis 15 we are told this:

6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Abraham believed God after he left Ur....

Abraham left Ur in Genesis 12:

1 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

In Genesis 15 we are told this:

Abraham believed God after he left Ur....
Wrong ! Abraham believed God that is why He left Ur.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 8:56 - Your fatherAbraham rejoiced to see myday: and he saw it, and was glad.
Yeah not seeing it, thanks for trying though.

God drew me to Jesus then I humbled myself , asked God’s forgiveness, believed Him, and placed my faith in Jesus. If you aren’t telling people about Jesus you are lying to yourself. Jesus said no man lights a candle and hides it under a bushel. If you are think you are born again and not telling others about Jesus you don’t have a light to hide.
I am telling you about Christ right now. He came to save His people from their sin, and He actually finished the work when He cried "It is finished". This is the Gospel.

Matthew 1
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Hebrews 1
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Unchecked Copy Box
Gen 12:7 - And the LORDappeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I givethis land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD,who appeared unto him. Guess you can’t see this either ?
No, I see this. You just posted it. I just don't see faith or belief mentioned here. You have a problem it seems that Abraham left Ur before believing:

Genesis 15

If Abraham was "declared righteous by faith" in Genesis 15, how could he have believed in Genesis 12?

Abraham was not a believer when God visited him in Ur. He was pagan, along with his entire family. His wife was barren and they were both old. It is a picture of being in bondage. Ruth was taken from Moab. Same thing.

No, I see this. You just posted it. I just don't see faith or belief mentioned here. You have a problem it seems that Abraham left Ur before believing:

Genesis 15

If Abraham was "declared righteous by faith" in Genesis 15, how could he have believed in Genesis 12?
So you believe as scripture says that God appeared to Abraham, and built an altar to God yet you cannot see faith and belief on Abraham’s part ? So you believe Abraham built an altar to God because he didn’t believe God ? —> Gen 12:7 - And the LORDappeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD,who appeared unto him. Guess you can’t see this either ? Stop relying on other people that teach you to disbelieve scripture.

So you believe as scripture says that God appeared to Abraham, and built an altar to God yet you cannot see faith and belief on Abraham’s part. So you believe Abraham built an altar to God because he didn’t believe God ? —> Gen 12:7 - And the LORDappeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD,who appeared unto him. Guess you can’t see this either ? Stop relying on other people that teach you to disbelieve scripture.
I did not say one way or the other. I said that Genesis 12 mentions nothing about faith, and Genesis 15 we see that faith was "counted it to him for righteousness".

Why didn't his faith justify him in Genesis 12?

I did not say one way or the other. I said that Genesis 12 mentions nothing about faith, and Genesis 15 we see that faith was "counted it to him for righteousness".

The faith that was counted to Abraham for righteousness was when God called him from Ur Abraham believed God and obeyed Him. You have ignored what Jesus said in John 8:56. I suggest you believe Jesus even if what He taught goes against your own beliefs. You have missed every single thing Genesis 12 teaches. Why would Abraham have left his home in Ur if he didn’t believe and place his faith in God ?

Last edited:
The faith that was counted to Abraham for righteousness was when God called him from Ur Abraham believed God and obeyed Him. You have ignored what Jesus said in John 8:56. I suggest you believe Jesus even if what He taught goes against your own beliefs. You have missed every single thing Genesis 12 teaches. Why would Abraham have left his home in Ur if he didn’t believe and place his faith in God ?
I wont answer you anymore unless you answer my two questions, sorry.

Hebrews 11
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

The faith that was counted to Abraham was when God called him from Ur Abraham believed God and obeyed Him. You have ignored what Jesus said in John 8:56. I suggest you believe Jesus even if what He taught goes against your own beliefs. You have missed every single thingGenesis 12 teaches. Why would Abraham have left his home in Ur if he didn’t believe and place his faith in God ?
I wont answer you anymore unless you answer my two questions, sorry.

Hebrews 11
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
1. God called Abraham out of Ur as scripture says.
2.Jhn 8:56 - Your fatherAbraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 3:8 - And the scripture,foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying,In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The faith that was counted to Abraham was when God called him from Ur Abraham believed God and obeyed Him.
Can you show me where you see this in Genesis 15? Abraham left Ur in Genesis 12, and He was not declared righteous yet.

1 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 And Abram said, Lord God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4 And, behold, the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

You have ignored what Jesus said in John 8:56. I suggest you believe Jesus even if what He taught goes against your own beliefs.
I totally believe John 8:56, amen!

Why would Abraham have left his home in Ur if he didn’t believe and place his faith in God ?
Why was Abraham not justified if he placed his faith in God? Do you see the problem yet?

I do hold to Prevenient Grace: Creation testifying, law written in the hearts, conscience bearing witness, Holy Spirit reproving, the living word:
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​
But who needs all of this, when sin and the fall doesn't exist? People are good and can get to heaven without a Savior, their good works will get them there. I'm just making a point.

I can answer your question but why would I ? Calvinist change the context of every verse that proves Calvinism is a lie that has changed the gospel just like Roman Catholics, JW,s, Mormons etc. You don’t understand John 3:16, 1John 2:2 why would I expect you to understand the verse you are asking about ? You asked when did Abraham believe the gospel , and after I gave you the answer that Jesus provided you skipped right over the answer, which was no surprise.—>Jhn 8:56 - Your fatherAbraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Instead of dancing around though text and questions, why can't you guys give answers, instead of avoiding them, that's all. God chose Abraham and made a Covenant with him.

The Law and the Promise​

15To give a human example, brothers:f even with a man-made covenant, no one annuls it or adds to it once it has been ratified. 16Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ. 17This is what I mean: the law, which came 430 years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. 18For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

Instead of dancing around though text and questions, why can't you guys give answers, instead of avoiding them, that's all. God chose Abraham and made a Covenant with him.

The Law and the Promise​

15To give a human example, brothers:f even with a man-made covenant, no one annuls it or adds to it once it has been ratified. 16Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ. 17This is what I mean: the law, which came 430 years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. 18For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.
Calvinism has you where you cannot understand even the basic understanding of scripture. Calvinism is nothing but engineered confusion and it glaringly shows in your complete confusion of the basic understanding of scripture. Even when you are given the scriptures that answer your questions you continue to act like you have not one clue about the understanding of scripture, and ask the same questions like you haven’t been answered. We’re done I will pray that God becomes your first love, and not just an after thought of a changed gospel and utter confusion of Calvinism.

I will pray that God becomes your first love, and not just an after thought of a changed gospel and utter confusion of Calvinism.
Remember though that God has given man free will, so your prayers wont help change His mind. I am not sure why you pray to a God who cannot do as He pleases.

Back