The Gospel Paul received and Preached

fltom

1 Corinthians 15:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Paul is saying the gospel he recieved is that Christ died for our sins

This is the gospel he and the apostles preached to the unconverted

1 Corinthians 15:11 (KJV 1900) — 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

and that is the Gospel the unconverted Corinthians heard and in believing were saved

Amen! The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

Amen! The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.
Yes unconditional election of the few in not the gospel

Yes unconditional election of the few in not the gospel
You are right as John 3:16-18 and Revelation 22:17 tell us that everyone can receive the gospel and are invited to the wedding as Jesus taught in the parable . It’s up to man to receive or reject the invitation to come freely .

Isaiah 55
Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.
3 Give ear and come to me;
listen, that you may live.
I will make an everlasting covenantwith you,
my faithful love promised to David.
4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a ruler and commander of the peoples.
5 Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations you do not know will come running to you,
because of the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor.”

You are right as John 3:16-18 and Revelation 22:17 tell us that everyone can receive the gospel and are invited to the wedding as Jesus taught in the parable . It’s up to man to receive or reject the invitation to come freely .
yes it does

Neither of your proof-texts speaks of ability ("can receive").

Isaiah 55
Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.
3 Give ear and come to me;
listen, that you may live.
I will make an everlasting covenantwith you,
my faithful love promised to David.
4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a ruler and commander of the peoples.
5 Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations you do not know will come running to you,
because of the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor.”

Where is there any mention of "ability" in that entire passage?

the parable of the sower Mat 13 does, As does john 12:40; Acts 28:27, heb 6:4-6 also do

Actually, none of them do.
That's why you refuse to quote those passages and exegete them, demonstrating the imaginary "ability" in each one.

Actually, none of them do.
That's why you refuse to quote those passages and exegete them, demonstrating the imaginary "ability" in each one.
Bald denial

You address nothing and ingore the words of Christ

and i have expounded on them previously

Last edited:
None of your verses mention the “ Trinity “ so your reasoning makes the Trinity untrue .
He only offered bald denial

In the parable of ther sower an unregenerate man received - believed the word of the kingdom with joy then fell away

He can pretend it does not impact his theiology but it does

in John 12:40 jesus informed God hardened some to prevent their belief

how could that be if they could only believe if God gave them ability to do so

and therer are othersuch examples i.e. Heb 6:4-6 etc

Why does man need to be drawn and given to the Son if he can freely choose to do so?
how did the father draw

John 6:45 (KJV) — 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

but by his word

given the word of the father men can come to christ or as put here

Romans 10:17 (KJV) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

or

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV) — 15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Peter 1:23–25 (KJV) — 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

how did the father draw

John 6:45 (KJV) — 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

but by his word

given the word of the father men can come to christ or as put here

Romans 10:17 (KJV) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

or

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV) — 15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Peter 1:23–25 (KJV) — 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

That doesn't answer the question. If you can come to Him of your own will, why is there a need to be drawn or given to the Son?

Back